SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

Also re jmw's statement about earning cash in Melb and Syd, you get paid much more in those two cities due to the cost of living increase. A $65k job here in adelaide will probably be equal to $85k in Sydney, and I certainly wouldn't want to live in Syd or Melb so I'm happy sticking here on my Adelaide level wage.

Yeah, I dunno - I moved here (was transferred here) specifically cos they were offering the same rates as I was getting interstate...

Mind you, as with mentioned previously - lifestyle tends to match income - I still scrape by some fortnights ..

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne and I both make just above the $30k mark but with unlimited amounts of overtime that could easily jump to $40k if I could be bothered.

I bet we make PPI look like they pay heaps with two GTRs on the same shift :/

i dont know if i believe that figure sled what with all the mc d's people geting paid $10 an hour :/
1300pw full time average wage?!

No way!

I know so many people in both public and private sector that are in their 30's, 40's and 50's and aren't earning anywhere near that amount.

I thought the average wage for each person was around 600-700 a week?

you kids need to get out more (or go back to school)....info taken straight from the ABS site.........and I don't really think they give a toss about overheads, clearly referring to Gross Income!

ABS

Contains estimates of average weekly ordinary time earnings and average weekly total earnings for full-time adult employees and average weekly total earnings for all employees, classified by sector and state or territory and by industry at the Australian level, for males, females and persons.

Ah, Australian average .... makes more sense. The tens of thousands of fat cats who earn an average $200k+ a year in Sydney and Melbourne drag the average way up ....like I said before the average figure I had heard was around $35k for SA.

to give you an example (without giving out too much confidential info), a female that I'm currently looking at is sitting on her ass and receiving 80% of her Gross Income which totals $8000 per week!!

Hence why the average wage is so high cause it takes into effect the kids at Maccas all the way up to Entrepreneurs that earn 10 - 20 times more than the PM of this country.

You don't even need to have completed year 10 High School to be an Entrepreneur, just be an ideas man!

I'll give you another example;

A good friend of Andrews' (and all round good bloke) is an "Ideas Man" and therefore by definition is an Entrepreneur...........John Munro.

A 10 year old can be an Entrepreneur.........some people like to work hard for a pittance, others have good ideas.

Inventors of 'Post It Notes' and '3M', etc would agree.....simple ideas, they don't need to be too complicated.

Smart investors in either real estate or shares still work 9-5 jobs to pay their bills but make the real $$ (extended income) the easy way.

Wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now, cause things would've been a little different....but hind's sight is a beautiful thing as they say. :/

I'll give you another example;

A good friend of Andrews' (and all round good bloke) is an "Ideas Man" and therefore by definition is an Entrepreneur...........John Munro.

A 10 year old can be an Entrepreneur.........some people like to work hard for a pittance, others have good ideas.

Inventors of 'Post It Notes' and '3M', etc would agree.....simple ideas, they don't need to be too complicated.

Smart investors in either real estate or shares still work 9-5 jobs to pay their bills but make the real $ (extended income) the easy way.

Wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now, cause things would've been a little different....but hind's sight is a beautiful thing as they say. :rofl:

quick, tell me what you know... and when im well off i'll pay for your stay in the old folks home :)

if he is managing a project then you dont do much work, you just have to know what is happening around you and manage how the project is going.

but the people that are in the project working for him will be doing all the work

Got a good mate who is on $52 an hour to be a project manager for SA Water

And he doesn't do too much, either.

ive got a mate who works an average of 6 months a year and earns 120+k a year

but in saying this hes doing 14 days straight, 12 hours a day.

ill be doing the same thing soonish

fark, clearly my apprenticeship wages don't compare to $30-$50 an hour!

What do you blokes do to earn a crust!

*insert jealousy here

Gotta love that stupid bitch Amber Petty. In her op-ed today about Michelle Chantelois she writes "I, for one, don't want to hear one more thing from Michelle Chantelois."

Funny that. We have to put up with Ambers uninformed drivel based upon the fact she knows Princess Mary (so this makes one an authority, f**k me...) and yet she has the gall to tell someone to STFU when they actually might have something relevant to say about our illustrious dictator Herr Rann...

Op ed pieces from nobodies like her are one of the reasons our media is so laughable. When you have a single woman pushing 40 who can't get a date, writing columns while pretending with a smug air to know so much about men, you just wish it would go away. Just like Amber wants Chantelois to disappear.

In due time the political kerfuffle will die over and nobody will remember Michelle Chantelois, and yet, we all must suffer the misfortune of Ambers drivel.

-D

body seems to be in check.

Ahaha after some heavy airbrushing... u do realize shes holding her boobs for a reason, they probably look like badly fried eggs..

Ahh well, as long as u got the brown paper bag and some gaffer tape for her mouth, you might have a good time dude *thumbs up* diffrent strokes for diffrent folks and all that

-D