SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Andrew, that's a truckload of mortgage dude!! Man I'm so glad those days are over, mortgage payments were a real party killer. But having said that, once the celebrations of paying your house off are over, you'll find somewhere else to bury the $3K per mth into :)

You'll be amazed at what everyone on here spends unconciously.

Everyone should try this experiment.....spend the next 24 hrs writing down EVERY expense per mth including your yearly expenses (divided by 12 obviously), even the stop at Cibos for your lattes. Once you've calculated everything, add between another $50 to $100 per week to that figure cause that's how much you haven't taken into account with emergencies that may come along. Take that figure and subtract it from your NETT monthly income and if at least 50% of you don't register a negative result, I'll give Nightcrawler a big tonguey!! :ermm:

now did you do that at the loxton show weekend....so thats nothing new pfff :P

word. i had an offer made to me today but the salary they're offering is 2/3 what we actually discussed in the interview and over the phone. Think I'll wait for the next opportunity ;P

-D

If i were you dude a 1/3rd cut isnt too bad mate....you dont have a job so consider this offer a gift sent your way.....i would still rather have a couple of hundred $ coming in rather then nothing.....just saying as you keep going on about not having a job and how much it sucks....so why not take this offer specially after its been a while

If i were you dude a 1/3rd cut isnt too bad mate....you dont have a job so consider this offer a gift sent your way.....i would still rather have a couple of hundred $ coming in rather then nothing.....just saying as you keep going on about not having a job and how much it sucks....so why not take this offer specially after its been a while

+1

A job is better than no job. You can always keep hunting for another job. See this one as a stepping stone.

:ermm:

+1

A job is better than no job. You can always keep hunting for another job. See this one as a stepping stone.

Not when I have another 3 interviews lined up. I know how much I'm worth, and a lowball offer like what they offered is nothing more than a tight arse insult - I wasn't impressed with their office and the fact its two guys working out the top of a pizza shop makes me not want to work there too.

Doesnt matter, I'll get something soon, this I know. Its just a matter of whether or not I hold out for a CBD job or work in Edinburgh.

Besides Ruby, weren't you saying that a persons lifestyle matches their income? I'd love to see you working on 2/3 your current salary. I'm sure you'd hate it. People get what they pay for and lowballers fail, both here and in the job market.

just saying as you keep going on about not having a job and how much it sucks

I said it in two posts, one of which we were discussing wages. I'd hardly say that I 'keep going on about it' - where the hell do you get that shit from? I'm confortable about waiting for the right job, rather than wasting their time and potentially costing someone else a job, who would be happy to work for such a juniorburger wage. Only reason I've not got anything last month was because the IT scene generally stops around xmas as the business close over the break and people go on leave. Now its picked up quite a lot and I can bide my time and choose the right job. I'm hardly desperate, I'm just bored.

-D

if your that bored Ben come do some work on my car :) lol

aha what do u want done? :ermm: I only really do electrical and interior work heh

nah dan, its in another place, i wont go into much more detail but I usually work for corporations. The few times I've worked with small support companies with only a couple people I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of professionalism (or should I say business planning), and these guys sound just like it...

-D

Not when I have another 3 interviews lined up. I know how much I'm worth, and a lowball offer like what they offered is nothing more than a tight arse insult - I wasn't impressed with their office and the fact its two guys working out the top of a pizza shop makes me not want to work there too.

Doesnt matter, I'll get something soon, this I know. Its just a matter of whether or not I hold out for a CBD job or work in Edinburgh.

Besides Ruby, weren't you saying that a persons lifestyle matches their income? I'd love to see you working on 2/3 your current salary. I'm sure you'd hate it. People get what they pay for and lowballers fail, both here and in the job market.

I said it in two posts, one of which we were discussing wages. I'd hardly say that I 'keep going on about it' - where the hell do you get that shit from? I'm confortable about waiting for the right job, rather than wasting their time and potentially costing someone else a job, who would be happy to work for such a juniorburger wage. Only reason I've not got anything last month was because the IT scene generally stops around xmas as the business close over the break and people go on leave. Now its picked up quite a lot and I can bide my time and choose the right job. I'm hardly desperate, I'm just bored.

-D

you can always take the offer and decline it after your said "3 more" interviews are done....now you are just narrowing your options down to the next however many interviews you have got...now i wish you all the luck before i am taken out of context...but for hypothesis sake if you get knocked back on those 3 interviews you have ended up pretty much no where...just saying that you can always take an offer work there for a couple of weeks and as your other offer comes along, a much better offer you can accept that and resign from the current position.....i do apologize for stating that "you keep going on about not having a job"....in future any comment you make about not having a JOB will be taken as you are a whinging little biatch :ermm:

you can always take the offer and decline it after your said "3 more" interviews are done....now you are just narrowing your options down to the next however many interviews you have got...now i wish you all the luck before i am taken out of context...but for hypothesis sake if you get knocked back on those 3 interviews you have ended up pretty much no where...just saying that you can always take an offer work there for a couple of weeks and as your other offer comes along, a much better offer you can accept that and resign from the current position.....i do apologize for stating that "you keep going on about not having a job"....in future any comment you make about not having a JOB will be taken as you are a whinging little biatch :ermm:

haha f**ker...

Its pretty unprofessional to join a company and then leave it 2-3 weeks later, especially when you know for a fact you wont be sticking around - its bad for your professional rep, it puts strain on the company and it also prevents some other dude who may have applied for the job getting it. (like a 2nd or 3rd preference). I understand mathematics and can see where you're getting at when you say 3-1=2 however I don't compromise for the sake of convenience. Atm I have interviews lined up with SA Health, Aust Submarine Corp, Futuris, a non profit org in the city and a support role at parliament house under the dept of infastructure and trade. Pretty confident at least one of those will pan out.

If not, cest la vie, I'll just keep on keepin' on

-D

aha what do u want done? :ermm: I only really do electrical and interior work heh

nah dan, its in another place, i wont go into much more detail but I usually work for corporations. The few times I've worked with small support companies with only a couple people I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of professionalism (or should I say business planning), and these guys sound just like it...

-D

Trust me alot of things...Gotta get new inserts and put them in for the standard rear struts (sick of coil overs and their crappy ride going back to standard struts with koni/bilstein inserts), brakes bled, thermo's rewired and fixed, front suspension put back in, wheel alignment...just keeps growing really lol

Trust me alot of things...Gotta get new inserts and put them in for the standard rear struts (sick of coil overs and their crappy ride going back to standard struts with koni/bilstein inserts), brakes bled, thermo's rewired and fixed, front suspension put back in, wheel alignment...just keeps growing really lol

damn, cant help ya there - i'm not a mechanic, i have to pay someone to do all that stuff for me ;P

u need the thermo wired to an on off switch or just using a thermostst? probably best for that one to be done by an auto electrician

-D

Mate, I seriously couldn't think a nightmare worse than working on 2/3 of my current salary. I'd still have my house, but nothing to do. The missus would have to take more shifts to pay the bills. So eventually my lifestyle would shape to fit my income. Still scary :)

Having said that tho, if I were to be unemployed tomorrow, 2/3 is still better than 0/3. Regardless if its seen as unprofessional to stick around for only 2-3 weeks until the next job comes up, when you've got a mortgage and missus and kid to feed, you do what it takes. No future employer will criticise you for that.

I've been with this company for 10+ years now, and if they did sack me tomorrow, I've got enough long service leave, holiday leave entitlements and commission from my drafting to amount to almost half my yearly salary. So in truth, I'd probably do what you are doing, holding out for the big paying job until the money runs out. But if the money runs out, 2/3 is still better than 0/3.

Adelaide is a small place :)

Remember that!

Yeah but not many people have the qualifications and experience I have. I know I'm worth more, but if it means avoiding being unemployed and keeping the roof over the family, I would take 2/3. Then if another job I wanted came along, I'm not going to say no. In any case, thats not going to happen. I have alot of benefit to the company (or any company in the same field for that matter) and it'd be costly for them if I move on to another job. Not that I'm going anywhere. Job security is great, and now work pays for me to attend interstate courses and conferences. Plus qualifying for 1.3 weeks long service leave every year from now on (as a payout figure) would go nicely into my racing budget.

I have my next performance review in 3 months, and I can't wait for that increased salary :ermm:

Word is bond. Thankfully I'm not lining up at the soup kitchens just yet so I can afford to be picky :)

-D

I know a guy who was earning 80K a year, and 6 months later he is at the soup kitchens.

Life can change so fast unfortunatelly :ermm:

On another note, who here actually enjoys thier job? Am I considered weird for actually enjoying what I do?

In my opinion, I would rather do something I am 100% happy with and enjoy, even if it did pay 2/3, over something that stresses me or makes me unhappy 3/3 salary.

100% happy and being paid 3/3. I'm not moving any time soon.