SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

Tommy: Nathan has worked on my zed, MR2 and GTR and done an excellent job on each of them at very reasonably prices.

He recently fitted my Nismo clutch to the GTR as you know and I was suitably impressed.

I've said it a number of times, but I think Nathan is one of the good'uns. He's straight forward, gets things done quickly and there is never any nonsense.

I'll give you a few examples.

1) I booked my car in to get the injectors cleaned. When I dropped it off he noticed it was idleing high: I said that I would also like to get the timing checked and reset. Got the bill, and he didn't charge me for the idle reset or timing check/reset. Sure they are quick jobs, but he has every right to charge for them.

2) A gasket blew on the exhaust side of my engine. I lived with it for a few weeks but it was getting worse. I rang Nathan on a Friday to ask him about some parts. Before I could even get to that, he offered to open up specially on Saturday so I could bring the car down and he could have a look.

When I said (feeling rather guilty) that I would give it a go myself, but needed a few parts, he ordered them in for me, suggested some others I hadn't thought about. I asked him if he could order in some of the annoying washers for the turbo oil and water lines: he gave me a bunch of them for free.

That's the kind of bloke he is, and that's why I always try and get any work on my car done there.

Lucien.

Well said Lucien - I find that with work its hard to get time to run around getting things done with my car and Nathan makes it all very easy.

With my clutch I dropped the car off in the morning at 8:30, jumped a bus to the city, cabbed it back at 5pm, car was ready with new clutch fitted and starter motor rebuilt, no questions, no surprises and a very reasonably priced bill.

Things like this make getting work done on my car so much easier.

I've only recently started dealing with him, and have had a few issues some injectors that he installed and supplied. (note. problems due to the injectors not workmanship). He's been understanding and patient with me and hasnt given me any impression that he would do a dodgy job.

He is the type of bloke who will make an effort to keep his customers happy. I'm sure if it was another mechanic he would of told me to go stick up my arse.

I will keep using him for things which are beyond me.

I was there this morning as well!

It was skyline city today. But he also had a Daewoo in there..... What the!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan is excellent. I have had both my skylines serviced/repaired by him. He doesn't over charge, He does things rigth the first time around and he is always forthcomming with advice. I have never taken either of my skylines anywhere else.

He is also super patient.

Thanks

Adam

Hey I know this is abit late, but spotted a black R33 with pink interior driven by a blonde chick 'HOTEE' heading south off hassle onto james russe 9:40am.

good to see more girls into skylines but can't say much about the interior.

hahah yogi they would no doubt be my old injectors.....which is a bummer since they were working OK when I pulled em off my car. :( Hope you found some decent ones.

BTW :werd: to Nath at Ghey Imports, he does a great job and puts up with my stoopid questions all the time ;)

I spotted AE07UG yellow 32 GTR today, not sure wtf it stands for? Also spotted Chris (RedX) down at Autosport Engineering and HGE002 at Kenthurst