SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

What went bang?  Find the cause of the fuel smell?

Lucien.

nothing's gone bang (yet). When I'm on boost above 0.5bar or about 50% throttle my turbo screeches like no tomorrow, Nath took a quick look at it last week and confirmed that it was the exhaust manifold gasket as well as the turbo gaskets. I've got some other crap to deal with too unfortunately (car's still running really rich, only getting 300kms per tank).

nothing's gone bang (yet). When I'm on boost above 0.5bar or about 50% throttle my turbo screeches like no tomorrow, Nath took a quick look at it last week and confirmed that it was the exhaust manifold gasket as well as the turbo gaskets. I've got some other crap to deal with too unfortunately (car's still running really rich, only getting 300kms per tank).

My car is exactly the same, except the whistle/screech is more evident at low throttle and once warm (metal expands closing gap) goes away. Already gone through replacing it once: time to do it again shortly :):rant::) (horrible, horrible, horrible job).

PFC on the way too... weeeeeeeeee... hopefully get some decent economy soon!

Lucien.

My car is exactly the same, except the whistle/screech is more evident at low throttle  and once warm (metal expands closing gap) goes away.  Already gone through replacing it once: time to do it again shortly :rant::) :) (horrible, horrible, horrible job).

PFC on the way too... weeeeeeeeee... hopefully get some decent economy soon!

Lucien.

sounds like a similar problem to mine. at about ~7% throttle (looking at the avcr), i get this high pitch whistling sound which really shits me

not sure what it is :)

sounds like a similar problem to mine. at about ~7% throttle (looking at the avcr), i get this high pitch whistling sound which really shits me

not sure what it is :)

Most likely a gasket, probably on the exhaust manifold (they warp over time from expanding/contracting). Usually it means you have to get the flange resurfaced and new gaskets.

Up side is it should be easier with a single turbo setup (rather than the GT-R's nightmare).

LW.

Spotted AOR-97R, gunmetal grey R33 GTS25T with black rims and black GT-wing turning off to cumberland highway this morning.

Man that would look mean at night.

Spotted a blonde chick filling up at the Mobil in a black 33 with the front bar missing... also had a number 6 on the side... musta been to wakefield or something ... had rims onda front but stockies on the back.

I was da one who told your rear tyres were a bit flat...

Spotted a nice looking black R32 GTR with an Autostyle sticker on the rear window and white what looked like gram lights rims driving along Walker St then Miller st in North Sydney

Anyone here?