SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

lol!! you're all ghey! stop bring the 32vs33vs34 fight into this thread :blink:

i saw another black 32 tonight on james ruse drive near the race course... a gtr judging from the phat guards!! hehe.. we had some fun! the car sounded worked and i was keeping par... he'd have lost me sooner if he didn't have 3 people in the car!!! plates were gts something... :wavey:

Saw a Gtst next to mine on Epping rd around chatswood at around 11pm...............had a GT wing with white wheels..............owned my ass into the next century...........but then mine is stock and now I just wanna have more power..............

man i took my line out today

i was in city

old pac

epping

eastwood

ermington

and i still didnt get spotted

this aint cool...

i know how u feel i had mine off the road for 2 months and now that ive got it back, ive been cruising everywhere, see and race a lot of other lines, yet i never get spotted on here!!!!

:D haha you looked alittle shocked. Love the dish on your rims

hahaha not shocked....just a little suprised....

when you said "Are you shonen from sau" in my head I was thinking....did he just say what I think he said ? :)

PS

You lucky bastard...you live so close to jimmys......he makes the bestest kebabs....

Edited by shonen

hahaha not shocked....just a little suprised....

when you said "Are you shonen from sau" in my head I was thinking....did he just say what I think he said ? :)

PS

You lucky bastard...you live so close to jimmys......he makes the bestest kebabs....

Yeah great kebabs and good service. I live about 2min drive away but too far to walk tho :(

driving to work this morning 'bout 08:23 just on the corner of epping station on epping rd and noticed this dark purplish? (i am crap at telling apart colours apart from the basic obvious ones) R33 (GTS??? - didn't see the badge clearly).

Anyway as I approached I gave her a quick wave and almost rear ended the guy in front of me! I didn't even get a wave back for my troubles :O

Cheers

AF

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Sounds good, what temperature range would you expect if everything is healthy? It's coming I promise, it just has to wait a little bit first. I don't really have the time to set it up at the moment.  Yeah, surprised me too. Everything I read rated those ring terminals quite high. Perhaps the issue was with me bending the ring terminal about 90 degrees?  Yep, the Taarks kit comes with nyloc nuts. This photo of the kit shows it pretty well.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by having enough landing for the ring terminal though?  As for the crimps, they are solid. I've crimped a million connectors in my car before, all the sensors, my dash, the quick connect terminals on my battery etc.  Correct, but both are rated for the use. The wire inside the tank is 12 gauge Tefzel wire, it's rated for 25 amps continuous. The wire on the outside is 25 amp Jaycar wire. I only use Tefzel when I don't expect the change the wiring any time soon. As I expect to change the wiring outside the tank in the near future to setup PWM, I don't want to waste Tefzel wire.  The ring connectors would be from either Supercheap or Jaycar. I triple checked it, the nuts were tight on both side of the bulkhead. 
    • I've used the same style crimps on 600VAC, well above 25A. When I'm writing a bill of material for a design, I base it on what it's rated for and nothing more. If I measured every neck of every terminal I used, I'd get fired and presumably sent to an insane asylum. You're over thinking it. Now this only applies if he's using a name brand terminal and not a ching chong meow ali express special. My Radium hanger uses much smaller bulk heads and ring terminals and they're cold to the touch.  As for my question concerning the nylon lock nut, crimps and if the ring is properly landing on the bulkhead, what I was getting at is if the bulkhead landing area is small and the ring terminal is oversized for the stud and not making a good contact, it could cause the heat with a nylock. As for the heat, if that's in fact a nylon lock nut and the nylon liquified which is what it looks like in that picture, it took some serious heat! Something was poorly done here, perhaps loose nuts or the crimps themselves. Looking at those crimps, it looks like he didn't use "Insulated terminal" crimpers as there's no indent anywhere to be seen. 
    • This is a legendary thread!! Exactly what I needed after searching for so long, thanks dude. 
    • Bah. That bit there can't be more than 0.5mm thick, and only about 6mm wide. That's only 3mm2 XS area**, which is a lot smaller than any other part of that circuit. (Although, granted, the wire inside the tank on that blue ring crimp looks a lot smaller than the wire outside!). The equivalent neck on the blue crimp has to be even smaller. **And yeah, I realise that 3mm2 should be able to carry ~30A. But something has to be the weak link here, and that is the narrowest part of the whole thing. So, unless the crimps are bad and causing high voltage drop, the next most likely suspect has to be the necks. The face area of the ring onto the passthrough's landing would have to be multiples of the neck's XS area. So long as they started out tight they (the ring contact face) never should have been the source of the heat. Same with the suspicion of the possible nyloc. If it started out tight, it shouldn't have ever gotten hot enough to melt the nylon, loosen and then cause the heat that melted the nylon. The circular argument has to start elsewhere. If it were me, I'd be thinking about some other sort of passthrough that doesn't require the nuts and ring terminals for conductivity. If there were passthroughs that had direct crimps on both sides, they'd be single use, but they would have metal to metal interfaces only at the crimps. Would be solid metal between the crimps.
    • Those yellow ring terminals are usually UL rated to 48-50A, and the blue ones to 30A. 105C. I doubt that's your issue. What's oozing out of the top of that nut? Is that a nylon lock nut? Does your bulkhead fitting have enough landing for your ring terminal to make good contact on both sides? Bad contact = Heat. Also check your crimps. Once crimped, confirm it's done properly by trying to pull the wire and ring apart. It should not budge.