SAU Community

Official NSW Skyline spotted thread

CerealKiller

Spotted an orange R33 plates were ITSFUN i think on epping road near Macquarie.

Black R33 on Epping road near M2/Lane Cove Tunnel - standard plates - possibly 400R front bar

Gunmetal R32 parked in St Leonards on Herbert St - standard plates

this morning between 7:30 - 8am

Yeah i didn't think it was standard plates... umm must be a really good double.

does this doubles power windows work properly???? if so (quick albert, i distract him you get the window mechanisms)

spotted either Sheng or a total look a like at carlingford court leaving tonight round 6 ish... i was the one starring in the blue shirt. number plate bb something?

That would of been me.. black r34 4 door with black drifteks.. number plate bbx.. sorry dude didnt see ya looking.. lol where abouts were u?

not a skyline but an interesting spot,

spotted a silver 300zx on Aiken road at west pennant hills today parked on the side of the road, Number plate was "FSTLIN". and no it wasn't 4styln, stock standard outside.

That would of been me.. black r34 4 door with black drifteks.. number plate bbx.. sorry dude didnt see ya looking.. lol where abouts were u?

Hey, sorry nah is was a coupe not a four door but glad to know theres more about in the area.. i only seem to see the non turbo ones.

spotted white r33 at ctown road just over the bridge turning to queen street this morning and always spots a silver r33 at ctown rsl club carpark.... damn and 2 stagea but seems that theyre not members or even forum members :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'd try the Jaycar one first. Don't even bother with replacing the passthroughs, as they will still work provided the melting is only minor and they still seal and insulate. You can always go back and replace those later. After you've put the new crimps on, you just have to make the pump work for a bit, then go back there and laser gun the terminals (or touch if you're brave enough) to see if they are sufficiently cool to relieve your concern. You might want to gather a data point with the old setup first, to see how hot they get now.
    • This might be another option too if the surgery allows for a straight lug to be used. Jaycar rates them at 30 amps -  https://www.jaycar.com.au/6mm-non-insulated-eye-terminal-4mm2-pack-of-8/p/PT4932
    • @GTSBoy Makes sense.  I'm guessing we'd have to use a cable lug, its tricky finding lugs suited for wire smaller then 0 gauge, but this looks like it might work? https://au.element14.com/panduit/lca10-10f-l/terminal-compression-lug-10-10awg/dp/2944903?CMP=KNC-GAU-GEN-SHOPPING-PLA-PMAX&mckv=_dc|pcrid||pkw||pmt||slid||product|2944903|pgrid||ptaid||&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ri0BhAvEiwA8oo6F3hR5QEQH43vntEUad27nYgwWzBmgdiYNqiQLBMe3C9pkkncxgv3oRoCciEQAvD_BwE Just need to do some surgery on the bottom of the bulkhead as even fitting the tiny ring connectors space is tight.  But now that I'm in this situation, do I buy another stock bulkhead and give the bigger lugs a go or do I just drop $1000 on a frenchy setup? Hmmm.
    • Yeah, see, I think I've worked out what is happening here. You (and other people) buy these massive "40 amp rated" pass throughs, and use fat wires, then make the connection between them using a ring crimp that has a much smaller cross section in that piece in the neck between the crimp and the ring terminal than any other part of the system. And it gets hot there. And because it is very well connected to the passthrough....that gets hot too. We probably need to be using more chunky wire terminations.  
    • Disconnecting a coilpack/injector isn't 100% on identifying anything other than the suspect cylinder.   If doing it you note one in particular makes no difference at all, you've got a total miss on that cylinder, it could still be for numerous reasons. If you do it, and one cylinder affects the idle less than all the others, now you t least have a suspect cylinder. I'd be doing a compression check on all cylinders first up. If they're out of spec, do a leak down on it too.   Secondly, grab a video of this idle and stick it up here.