SAU Community

Really Really Bad Idle R33 Gtr

the_barman82

I have a few issues here with my 33 gtr. First off it won't idle properly, it hunts between 500-2000rpm and is running really rich. Also when I take it for a drive it won't go above 3500rpm, just splutters and coughs a lot. This is after fitting 2 new turbos and some injectors. I already have splitfires in and some NGK copper plugs at 0.8mm, have also checked all piping and it seems fine. I have also tried to change the injector settings on the powerfc with 63.6% and -0.122 for each injector but it done't do anything good and the settings don't save.

The list of relevant mods are:

*2xgt2860r-5s

*Sard 700cc injectors (0.65 impedance)

*FMIC

*PowerFC

*Greddy profec B boost controller (running on low boost to run in turbos for a bit)

*Splitfire coils

*NGK copper plugs @ 0.8mm

*3.5" Nismo exhaust

*unknown brand twin pipe

*Drift pods

Also have a 550hp Walbro pump not installed but I doubt it will affect it when I chuck it in.

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated, I really miss driving my baby, stuck with a gtst... :(

normally the car not revving past 3500 is usually an airflow meter problem. See if you can borrow someones and check.

The idle issue can be caused by o2 sensors. Mine were worn and caused the idle to hunt. Replaced the o2 sensors and everything was fine.