SAU Community

Bad Relationship?

Mr Eps

Its like what Jeremy Clarkson says: "You buy these cars not with your head, but with your heart."

If I were to buy a car with my head, then there's very little doubt that I'll end up with a Collora or Camry, like what my parents is doing for their next car.

Yep,

And did he not also say, "You'll never understand what passion is all about unless you own an Alfa?"

...which in essence is what Mr Eps & DOOF are alluding to?

Like...

1) Understanding the nuances of every characteristic about your 'Line

2) Perseverence through all the sickness and health that your 'Line suffers

3) Comfort in times of distress by not just rectifying an issue or glitch, but giving the 'Line a polish afterwards so that she's even better than before

4) Giving the 'Line honour and respect

5) Thankfulness to the 'Line after she gives you that exhilaration after a texi or cruise and then bringing you home

Yep, sorta like a marriage really!

says former Alfetta GTV & Alfa Romeo 164Q owner still thinking about therapy...

Yep,

And did he not also say, "You'll never understand what passion is all about unless you own an Alfa?"

so, passion is cursing yourself but also thanking your lucky stars that at least it's not a

Fix

It

Again

Tony?

:happy::blink:

ever since i was in secondary school, i always wanted an r31. my cousin had a white s3 sillo rb30et, inspiration if you will.. i then learnt about the different series (both aus and jpn), and fell in love with series 3 ti. ive always been into my fords (my fav is the xe fairmont ghia, 351 clevo of course :happy:), but the skyline has since then, been in the back of my mind. to date, ive owned 4 r31s, and more recently my r33, and still have my first series 3 ti. i dont think ill ever get rid of it!

I find my car love extends to more than just one car... all of different types, sizes, makes and continents...

my first audi was of course my first car, unreliable, slow... but it was red, loud and had a big system... thought nothing was better.....

after always loving R32s i finally bought one.. stock pretty much... over 3+years modified it in every way possible... every minute every cent was thrown at it... loved it to bits... it was the perfect car.. although becoming unreliable, old, and getting bored with it i sold it... i felt that it was limiting my movements, didnt want to drive it long distances incase something broke (and the fuel pump died on the way back from newy once)

thought id step back into an audi.. so the S4 was next... so happy with this car in stock form i only exhausted and tinted it... it was fast.. had traction, cup holders, leather recaros.. twin turbos.. this was the best car ive owned and almost the best car ive ever driven... i LOVE this car.. and thought id never sell it... although being once a week used and spending so much time on the Gixxer it wasnt worth keeping anymore...

the bike has remained interesting for me so far.. i can always improve my riding skills, its fast, loud and fun.. ive got friends with turbo quattro A3s that i can borrow when i have an urge for some audi time

my point being, yeah you might love your ceffy... but there are better, nicer, as unique cars out there... that you can move onto and spread your love to aswell...

dont get tied up in one car... experience as many as you can

I've owned an driven many cars, but to date am struggling to find something i "Enjoy" more than Skyline's.

It all started with a 33 GTS25T back when people police where stopping me to actually check out the car, and a Ford fan nearly died of a heart attack when he saw the "GT" badges on the side and thought he was the first to see the new falcon GT :-).. Yep it happened.

Had that for a few years and sold it. Sadly went to a Commodore SS, btu that only lasted a few months.

From there, I actually bought a 1978 C210. Not a single person new why i loved that car. It was old, beaten up but had more characted than the SS ever could.

Recentl I've gone through 2 V35's and now the 32 GTR. As the V35's where quite rare here i was on the US forums a fair bit, and it absolutely floored me how amazed some of them where when i sold my 2005 V for a 92 GTR. They couldn't get past the fact that its 15yo. And all commented on the "dated" interior.

Of course its dated, its 15 years old!!!

Anyway, I've lost my point by now, but all i can say is that everyday, i get home stop and take a look at the GT-R, go inside, and then comeback for another look.

I love the fact that the battery dies every other week, cause i don't drive it.

I love the fact that everyone else thinks its to loud, to bumpy to uncomfortable.

I love the fact that I detail bits of it every week and still find new areas of 15 year old build up to clean!!

well wouldn't you stuff a manual in there like a well endowed black man stuffing his 'thang' into a cringing white girl?

I like import cars because they are different to the norm and generally have huge technical advancements over anything locally delivered. I've only been in a few but even a mates MZ20 Soarer which had sat under a tree for a year still drove and rode like a decent car, not a pos.

I'd part with mine for the right amount, but I'd get another import for sure.

I've owned an driven many cars, but to date am struggling to find something i "Enjoy" more than Skyline's.

It all started with a 33 GTS25T back when people police where stopping me to actually check out the car, and a Ford fan nearly died of a heart attack when he saw the "GT" badges on the side and thought he was the first to see the new falcon GT :-).. Yep it happened.

Had that for a few years and sold it. Sadly went to a Commodore SS, btu that only lasted a few months.

From there, I actually bought a 1978 C210. Not a single person new why i loved that car. It was old, beaten up but had more characted than the SS ever could.

Recentl I've gone through 2 V35's and now the 32 GTR. As the V35's where quite rare here i was on the US forums a fair bit, and it absolutely floored me how amazed some of them where when i sold my 2005 V for a 92 GTR. They couldn't get past the fact that its 15yo. And all commented on the "dated" interior.

Of course its dated, its 15 years old!!!

Anyway, I've lost my point by now, but all i can say is that everyday, i get home stop and take a look at the GT-R, go inside, and then comeback for another look.

I love the fact that the battery dies every other week, cause i don't drive it.

I love the fact that everyone else thinks its to loud, to bumpy to uncomfortable.

I love the fact that I detail bits of it every week and still find new areas of 15 year old build up to clean!!

I hope you are looking after my 32 brah.

In any case the tread starter wants to buy a Honduh Jizz.

Nuff said.

w00t - I saved you from your own stupidity...except now its not for sale...I was having idea's for a second there to be honest.

Good write up man.

Nasty habbit having a HPV, pooring soo much money into them, if nothing else, the fun of driving it is well worth it. I'm not phased that I've spent $5'000+ on my build, and only half way to having her barely back on the road, or that its in a billion pieces, its still my baby and I'd take a bullet for it and shoot back at the f**kers...well...realistically I'd use it as cover, but I still love it..dunno why.

Yep,

...which in essence is what Mr Eps & DOOF are alluding to?

Like...

1) Understanding the nuances of every characteristic about your 'Line

2) Perseverence through all the sickness and health that your 'Line suffers

3) Comfort in times of distress by not just rectifying an issue or glitch, but giving the 'Line a polish afterwards so that she's even better than before

4) Giving the 'Line honour and respect

5) Thankfulness to the 'Line after she gives you that exhilaration after a texi or cruise and then bringing you home

i agree but thats only a car enthousiast will understand. to some people is just a car that goes from point A to B. Some others buy a nice car with their dicks so they can get some gals, im sure you all guys know at least of 5 stories of such guys lol

Edited by R-R-Rx7

Methinks I am a prime candidate for this obsession :(

I haven't even driven my skyline ONCE and I've owned it for a year and a half! In that time I've painted it......five times (myself) because each time I wasn't happy with the shade/colour/tone etc. So each time I stripped her back down and redid the job! I'm settled on the colour now....almost......I think?!

Would I do this for another car? No. I do it for my car because to me the R32 is the perfect picture of what Japanese cars should be. It's only a GTS-T, not even a GTR but it brings a smile to my face every time I sit in the empty shell that it still is. I'll drive it oneday.....I hope :D

Methinks I am a prime candidate for this obsession :)

I haven't even driven my skyline ONCE and I've owned it for a year and a half! In that time I've painted it......five times (myself) because each time I wasn't happy with the shade/colour/tone etc. So each time I stripped her back down and redid the job! I'm settled on the colour now....almost......I think?!

Would I do this for another car? No. I do it for my car because to me the R32 is the perfect picture of what Japanese cars should be. It's only a GTS-T, not even a GTR but it brings a smile to my face every time I sit in the empty shell that it still is. I'll drive it oneday.....I hope :D

Spoken like a true tragic :(

Inside your shell, can't you hear the roar of the enigine?

Inside your shell, can you smell the racing fuel?

Inside your shell, can you see the intensity of your pit crew raising sweat to get you back on the track within 20 sec?

And inside your shell, you can taste the fear thru the visors of your competitors' helmets can you not?

:D

Spoken like a true tragic :(

Inside your shell, can't you hear the roar of the enigine?

Inside your shell, can you smell the racing fuel?

Inside your shell, can you see the intensity of your pit crew raising sweat to get you back on the track within 20 sec?

And inside your shell, you can taste the fear thru the visors of your competitors' helmets can you not?

:D

Heh! I can pretend I can hear the roar of the engine!! In about five, maybe ten years I shall be roaming the streets....in the meantime, fear the shell!