SAU Community

Gearing Up Issue

I don't think it would be a knee jerk reaction to sell it as the issues you could face are very real, as you know I have been through them myself.

Having the top AWN warranty is a good thing of course, and there wouldn't be any question of them fixing it should an issue arise. The big issue is the waiting time you may have to endure, either trying to track down a working second hand box, or having a mechanic try and fix it with no prior knowledge.

Basically, would you be happy not having your car for potentially a couple or even 7 months (like my experience)?

Issue is back just as before. Have the car back to them..again. This time I got them to admit they don't so much know what they are doing and need to tourbleshoot the issue properly. What I really need is to find someone who knows this CVT gearbox properly or has fix the same issue before. Either way I'm spitting chips and want to swap it for a manual (and somehow make the missus agree).

Issue is back just as before. Have the car back to them..again. This time I got them to admit they don't so much know what they are doing and need to tourbleshoot the issue properly. What I really need is to find someone who knows this CVT gearbox properly or has fix the same issue before. Either way I'm spitting chips and want to swap it for a manual (and somehow make the missus agree).

www.cvt.co.nz

Ask for Gareth, he knows all about them. Yes, he is in NZ, but he has also flown over here and trained a workshop or two around the place to deal with these, so just ask him for their whereabouts.

As for getting one with manual transmission, there is one currently at Motorman Imports.

I don't think they would go for actually swapping in a manual transmission, the cost and effort would be too much, I could be wrong.

Remember, they would have to change the ECU and put in a different pedal box in addition to the transmission. Also, the centre trim needs to be changed, thats all I can think of for now.

Edited by GoldV35

Hi

I converted one I bought cheap off Meena to a 5 speed auto (for the wife). It was a lot of work! It is almost perfect.

There ia a manual conversion kit on Japanese Yahoo for approx $3000 plus getting it here. Lots of work to convert.

Why muck around when you have just bought it and it is under warranty, keep all the pressure on the dealer, otherwise it will cost you heaps. Make lots of noise...... Ask to get out of it as it is obviously faulty..... Go to fair trading.....

Hope this helps