SAU Community

R33 Black Rims

skyline_freak_r33

are slip on spacers illegal? my car passed regency with em both times. never even got mentioned whilst in there.

yes, they are illegal.

if they look for them or not at regency is up to them. or your running such small spacers that it makes its hard to see.

i didnt know i had slip on spacers on the back of my car till the wheel came off.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, they are illegal.

if they look for them or not at regency is up to them. or your running such small spacers that it makes its hard to see.

i didnt know i had slip on spacers on the back of my car till the wheel came off.

yeah thought they were illegal must have just got lucky. and yeah using spacers of any sort isnt the best idea if u wana keep ur wheels on ya car haha

yeah thought they were illegal must have just got lucky. and yeah using spacers of any sort isnt the best idea if u wana keep ur wheels on ya car haha

yeah , only if you dont do them up tight enough hahaha

good memories xD

using spacers of any sort isnt the best idea if u wana keep ur wheels on ya car

Should i be concerned with a 5mm spacer? This sort of has to be a long term solution lol

I've also read that i'll need a Torque wrench to sort the nuts out before i drop the jack??

Also been reading that slip on spacers are a waste of time?? Hubcentric ftw??

Edited by awsam

5mm spacers shouldnt cause you any trouble. and if i recall, the smallest bolt on hub centric spacer you can get is 15mm, which might be a bit much for your application.

but theyre not a long term solution, a set of wheels that fit is a long term solution.

i had similiar troubles, set of wheels fouled on the spring seat when i went coilovers, ran 5mm spacers for about a month, then bought wheels that fit... well, they clear the brakes and suspension at least.

as for the torque wrench, its best to torque up your wheel nuts when you put a wheel back on.

Should i be concerned with a 5mm spacer? This sort of has to be a long term solution lol

I've also read that i'll need a Torque wrench to sort the nuts out before i drop the jack??

Also been reading that slip on spacers are a waste of time?? Hubcentric ftw??

If you wanna keep the stock look, get a set of 33 gtr wheels, cheap, look good and im fairly sure they will fit no worries.

Yeh unfortunately changing wheels (other than back to R33 stock 16"s) will not be a financial option for some many many months.

Just driving with the stock 16's on the front and the r34 17's on the back LOL! It looks a little weird but feels better as my old 16's were bald

as my head :P

Edited by awsam

Yeh unfortunately changing wheels (other than back to R33 stock 16"s) will not be a financial option for some many many months.

Just driving with the stock 16's on the front and the r34 17's on the back LOL! It looks a little weird but feels better as my old 16's were bald

as my head :P

put it the other way around. the 16's on the back and 17's on the front. looks like a thrash car then haha

Thanx for the spacers D.. whacked em on the front, placed them and tightend the nuts real precision like.. I was a master lol. No vibration at all and barely @ 120kmph. Steering, braking.. everything feels as it should. I'm not getting to excited just yet, knowing my luck a wheel will fly off while @ 90kmph, but right now everything is sweet.

Thanx again D and everyone for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...