SAU Community

$1700 Fine And 6 Month Suspension ...yippee

Wacky Dee

It is worth getting a decent lawyer who goes to traffic court regularly,

and fighting the suspension if not the fine.

Things that count for you: you are 30, not 23. You have a pretty clean prior record, your

father was in the car and can write or speak on your behalf (and he has a clean record?)

and you have some kind of semi plausible story (wanting to put some

space between you and some idiots). And I suppose you have a decent job that would

be in tricky to do while taking public transport, for example, your company may have

recently appointed you a regional sales manager for which I am sure a boss can write

up a nice letter.

Unless the judges have been instructed from above to purposely be dicks I think maybe

you should be able to get some kind of result that enables you to keep your license. I think

that is what a Judge is for, to make sure honest citizens aren't screwed by a bit of bad luck.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were a career criminal drug dealing type from bankstown, yeah sure I'd hire a lawyer because it's only what, $3-5k for a typical representation plus a couple grand more for expert witness testimony PLUS I might get it back if I win right ?. Problem is, I don't have that sort of money because I work in IT, I don't make $2k daily dealing meth.

The only lucky thing for me is I work from home so transport isn't necessary to make a living. But when you work from home and you can't get away when you have something urgent or hell, for social occasions then it becomes a bit like home arrest really. Yeah I know there are ways around all that, call up friends, get chauffered around blah blah yeah right. For someone who's been independant and never used PT for 15 years that's not such an easy transformation at all.

The worst thing is I f**ken KNOW I didn't do 140kmh, 120 MAYBE but if that then only for 2-3 seconds and I dropped to 90 well before I even passed the coppers. They saw a skyline and thought, alright no lube let's just give him a bs reading because which magistrate would believe a skyline driver anyway ? Yeah sure my dad was with me and he's like the most honest person alive (and his driving record consists of one red light fine I think in past 15 years) but I don't wanna put him through testifying because he's a migrant and he's just a worker. The thing he told me straight away was just pay the fine and live with it, don't fight the law even though he was the one insisting there was no way I was doing 140 before I even spoke a word after the incident. So how do you take someone like that as a witness? He'd probably get intimidated in court easily with all the fancy jargon and whatnot.

So yeah, f**k this system. I'm guilty and serving a sentence even long before I get served a summons to appear in court, which is supposed to determine my guilt. Doesn't that equal GUILTY before proven innocent ? I thought it was the other way around? What a f**king joke.

Even if I do goto court and get an unbiased judge he's most likely going to side with the prosecutor regardless of any facts simply due to the fact that the states RELY on fine revenue collected from motorists and the fact the government has spent millions of dollars on the whole speeding kills bs.

Sucks to be a white, middle class average mofo in this country because your only right appears to be to work, pay taxes and then vote for one crook or another every few years. Meanwhile if you find yourself in legal trouble due to draconian laws and what should be a MINOR infringement, your whole life is turned upside down. Driving a car isn't just about getting from point A to point B for me, it's pretty much my only personal hobby and joy and now I can't even do that. Is it any wonder whenever you hear about someone going postal and taking out a bunch of innocents it's some poor average shmuck like me, who's been driven over the edge by some government department ?

Yeah sure I'm ranting and need to eat some cement and harden the f**k up rah rah. Or maybe I just need to jump back in the car take it for a spin on that highway and pull over at 240kmh and ask them if they saw me coming this time. f**king cock suckers, every last one of them.

edit: mods please feel free to close this thread, it serves no purpose whatsoever other than for me to vent

The only lucky thing for me is I work from home so transport isn't necessary to make a living. But when you work from home and you can't get away when you have something urgent or hell, for social occasions then it becomes a bit like home arrest really. Yeah I know there are ways around all that, call up friends, get chauffered around blah blah yeah right. For someone who's been independant and never used PT for 15 years that's not such an easy transformation at all.

So what you are saying is that you don't need your licence for work and you are having a belly ache because the suspension will be inconvenient? I hate to tell you mate but that is the idea entirely, to make people think before they break the law.

To be honest, I'm starting to think the reason you got bumped up to the 6 month suspension (assuming you where in fact going 120km/h in a 90 zone) because you failed the attitude test...

I used to be one of the few people always defending cops on the net etc whenver I read some good old fashioned cop bashing. Attitude test? All they said was "You were doing 142kmh, your driver's licence" and got back 5 mins later with the fine and form asking me to sign the suspension/licence confiscation. There was no time for me to give anyone attitude and I never do. With that said, I feel like giving YOU some attitude for being such a presumptuous prick, so how about you suck my ballz ? Wait no, that's gay and I it might feel good. Never mind scratch that ..don't suck my ballz, suck your own.

If being a wog and/or driving a skyline equals to "bad attitude" then I'm guilty as charged. Anyway, pointless discussing this any further - what's done is done. I just gotta find a way to kill some time now and work out the best way to get back at the "system", legally mind you. They've given me enough free time to scheme a way how to rort them back and I shall.

PS 120 in 90 zone is NOT a suspension at all. I'm sure I never went over 120 but hey, Mr Wog in a Skyline here, who's gonna believe that?

With that said, I feel like giving YOU some attitude for being such a presumptuous prick, so how about you suck my ballz ? Wait no, that's gay and I it might feel good. Never mind scratch that ..don't suck my ballz, suck your own.

PS 120 in 90 zone is NOT a suspension at all. I'm sure I never went over 120 but hey, Mr Wog in a Skyline here, who's gonna believe that?

I'm sorry, I take back what I previously said. You are obviously a very level headed member of society that never loses his cool. Seriously mate, calm down. It's hard to see you in a good light when you keep on attacking people.

I'll say it again, I lost my licence before on terms I deemed unfair but I accepted it, paid the fine and didn't drive around for 3 months. My 10 min drive to and from work turned into a 40 min bus ride. My weekly fuel expense went from $30 a week to $0 a week and my public transport expenses went from $0 a week to $40 a week. I had to get friends and family to drive me places. Unfortunately, I am not masochistic so I hated the entire experience, but at the end of it all I got back on the road and still have no chip on my shoulder from "the system." My suggestion, take it or leave it, is to do what I did. The world won't stop turning because you can't drive, especially since you work from home.

If you feel the need to further your attacks on me, go ahead... but you know what they say about arguing on the internet :thumbsup:

PS 120 in a 90 zone is a suspension... Driving more than 30 km/h but not more than 45 km/h above the speed limit gets you three months.

if i were a career criminal drug dealing type from bankstown, yeah sure I'd hire a lawyer because it's only what, $3-5k for a typical representation plus a couple grand more for expert witness testimony PLUS I might get it back if I win right ?.

I dunno, that sounds expensive. I thought there would be legal representation that does this kind of thing all the time, discusses with you half an hour before the case what they are going to say to the judge, and tells you what to say. They probably deal with a dozen cases a day. I don't think that kind of service costs $3k. Perhaps that doesn't exist in NSW traffic court, but it certainly exists in the UK and USA. I'm surprised if having some appearance help in NSW is only for the rich but maybe you are right. I know you CAN go expensive, but is that the only option, have you checked.

If being a wog and/or driving a skyline equals to "bad attitude" then I'm guilty as charged. Anyway, pointless discussing this any further - what's done is done. I just gotta find a way to kill some time now and work out the best way to get back at the "system", legally mind you. They've given me enough free time to scheme a way how to rort them back and I shall.

Actually, according to you, you won't have more free time on your hands... You live at your home, you work from your home, your car was only your hobby... You spend your hobbies in your free time, therefore, you ll have the same amount of free time as normal... Sucks to be you...

Matt (cassbo), that was a bit tounge in cheek didn't mean that seriously.. just a bit peeved how every goody toshoe is getting a kick in while I'm "down".Yeah i do tend to have a short temper, but not with the cops or strangers in real life. Also $1700/6m is quite a bit worse than $600/3 months.

moneypit .. yeah it's expensive here man, I've asked around already. The more money you apply to the issue the better the result. No free legal rep for traffic matters, only to plead guilty and the usually don't even show up.

Other Matt, MBS206, that made no sense whatsoever. Does working on the car or using it not take up any time ? Maybe in Wollongong where time stands still, not here. Anyway, keep poking with a stick .. if you want it to end up in your ass one day. But you'd probably like that seeing as how you know every guy that has a baton

Matt, you say that they're taking away our limited rights?

The issue is, people can take anything on and argue it, and then the coppers have to do more and more, to the point, policing, is just paper work... Why do you think coppers can't just go grab the crim now and give em a stern talking/beating... because gee, everyone would whinge...

The coppers have lost their rights I say!

Wow! Maybe we should grab little kids when they've done something wrong and beat them too! Who are the police to decide whether or not someone is guilty, thats what the courts are for! It's not the police that are taking our rights away they are only doing their job, it is out of touch politicians who make laws to win votes that are taking away our rights! Politicians make laws, Police enforce them and Judges/Courts interpret theses laws, this is called the Separation of powers and is the basis of our society that no one group holds all the power!

"people can take anything on and argue it" Yes that's what a democracy is pal. If you want to be told how to live you should move to communist China.

"The coppers have lost their rights I say" Haven't you ever met a dodgy cop, or maybe you are one!

When my car was impounded that meant I was automatically guilty according to the officer, making him 'Judge, Jury and Executioner', when the matter went to court and was dismissed on lack of evidence I still had to take the fines and loss of car even though I was not guilty. Innocent until proven guilty was a long way off. Even when a court of law found a member of NSWHP incorrect I still had to pay for his mistakes with that particular piece of legislation having clause to protect them (NSWP) from being liable for costs when I was found not guilty!

If you want to beat up on people to teach them a lesson I say that makes you a criminal MBS206!

I'm not saying to fight it just for the sake of it, I was in no way guilty the officer had no speed read out to confirm his estimations and if I had of given in to his bullying I may have been arrested on the spot! I stuck to my guns told the truth and in the end thats why I wasn't charged.

One more thing MBS206, if you had a party at your house and cops were called and recreational drugs were found on your premises, the police can execute a Covert Search Warrant (can enter your house without your permission at ANY time!) and not have to inform you of such activities for up to 3 years( in some states)! I don't know about you but that sounds like police have plenty of rights to me even if they've got to fill out a few forms! I've got nothing to hide, however, it used to be that your house was your Castle, well not anymore.

In the state of NSW there has been a Royal Commission every 10 years for more than 3 decades investigating corruption in the NSW Police Force. Every time they have made findings against the Police Force. I have plenty of mates who are Police Officers and fine upstanding members of the community, its a shame that not all are like them, good and bad in every bunch.

Edited by mattymagoo22

Other Matt, MBS206, that made no sense whatsoever. Does working on the car or using it not take up any time ? Maybe in Wollongong where time stands still, not here. Anyway, keep poking with a stick .. if you want it to end up in your ass one day. But you'd probably like that seeing as how you know every guy that has a baton
You choose to work on your car, or use it in your free time...

Time out side of things I have to do (IE, Work) is free time... I choose what I do... Therefore, with or without car... You still have the same free time...

It's not like you just lost your job and now find an extra 8 hours a day free...

Oh, as to that time... Get a second job or something, and earn a heap of money, with it all going to savings, then you can splurge on said car...

Wow! Maybe we should grab little kids when they've done something wrong and beat them too! Who are the police to decide whether or not someone is guilty, thats what the courts are for! It's not the police that are taking our rights away they are only doing their job, it is out of touch politicians who make laws to win votes that are taking away our rights! Politicians make laws, Police enforce them and Judges/Courts interpret theses laws, this is called the Separation of powers and is the basis of our society that no one group holds all the power!

"people can take anything on and argue it" Yes that's what a democracy is pal. If you want to be told how to live you should move to communist China.

"The coppers have lost their rights I say" Haven't you ever met a dodgy cop, or maybe you are one!

When my car was impounded that meant I was automatically guilty according to the officer, making him 'Judge, Jury and Executioner', when the matter went to court and was dismissed on lack of evidence I still had to take the fines and loss of car even though I was not guilty. Innocent until proven guilty was a long way off. Even when a court of law found a member of NSWHP incorrect I still had to pay for his mistakes with that particular piece of legislation having clause to protect them (NSWP) from being liable for costs when I was found not guilty!

If you want to beat up on people to teach them a lesson I say that makes you a criminal MBS206!

I'm not saying to fight it just for the sake of it, I was in no way guilty the officer had no speed read out to confirm his estimations and if I had of given in to his bullying I may have been arrested on the spot! I stuck to my guns told the truth and in the end thats why I wasn't charged.

One more thing MBS206, if you had a party at your house and cops were called and recreational drugs were found on your premises, the police can execute a Covert Search Warrant (can enter your house without your permission at ANY time!) and not have to inform you of such activities for up to 3 years( in some states)! I don't know about you but that sounds like police have plenty of rights to me even if they've got to fill out a few forms! I've got nothing to hide, however, it used to be that your house was your Castle, well not anymore.

In the state of NSW there has been a Royal Commission every 10 years for more than 3 decades investigating corruption in the NSW Police Force. Every time they have made findings against the Police Force. I have plenty of mates who are Police Officers and fine upstanding members of the community, its a shame that not all are like them, good and bad in every bunch.

People in America can take on and argue shit too... But god damn, 99.9% of people they deal with give them the largest amount of respect... Unfortunately, this is not true in Australia...

I had a car stolen, the police knew who did it because of the fact they had a phone from inside the car, and knowing that person had a long history... 20 Years ago, some sort of justice would have been served... because of our stupid f**ked up system and whiney f**k wits in our society, they couldn't do shit... They even apologised for it, they had to wait for fingerprints... Which 6 months later became "lost"... Back in the old days it would have been go around, grab said punk, pull shirt off... Massive whiplash bruises... Righto, down to the precinct...

Now a days if they turned up, and wanted to take said punk down the station the coppers would have a law suit on their hands for "harrassment"...

A local police station down in Wollongong can't respond to an incident if Indigenous people are involved, due to all the harrassment law suits they have flying at this one station and what not... Yeah... Never heard of that 20 years ago...

Too right the coppers have lost their power!

In a way you're right ..they can't or won't do shit about serious crimes like thefts, burglaries etc so maybe that's why they're so good at handing out a $1billion worth of speeding fines every year. Why bother doing the real work if people might accuse you of harasment when you can harass motorists sitting at the side of the road eating donuts all day..

oh the popcorn wasn't free, pm me for donation details

In a way you're right ..they can't or won't do shit about serious crimes like thefts, burglaries etc so maybe that's why they're so good at handing out a $1billion worth of speeding fines every year. Why bother doing the real work if people might accuse you of harasment when you can harass motorists sitting at the side of the road eating donuts all day..

oh the popcorn wasn't free, pm me for donation details

Man, I've read the whole thread from start to finish without blinking. I must say I couldn't pick you as wog at all as you do write very much gooder in English.

I'm proud of you man as I'm the wog as well and I can't write like that. Things I've noticed you are very precise and direct in your points and express yourself very well, just maybe you should represent yourself (think abot it), I think you can make them look like foolls and they want know what hit them, or maybe you should do a U turn and study law.

Anyway, I do feel for you and yes there should be some liniance (shit I cant spell) for normal citizens like you who are not repeat offenders and have reasonable driving record. What I'm saying the whole person profile should be considered.

Good luck and I hope you get reduced fine at the end.

Please keep us posted don't get mad my money is on you.

Dave

(this my adopted name) :happy:

People in America can take on and argue shit too... But god damn, 99.9% of people they deal with give them the largest amount of respect... Unfortunately, this is not true in Australia...

I had a car stolen, the police knew who did it because of the fact they had a phone from inside the car, and knowing that person had a long history... 20 Years ago, some sort of justice would have been served... because of our stupid f**ked up system and whiney f**k wits in our society, they couldn't do shit... They even apologised for it, they had to wait for fingerprints... Which 6 months later became "lost"... Back in the old days it would have been go around, grab said punk, pull shirt off... Massive whiplash bruises... Righto, down to the precinct...

Now a days if they turned up, and wanted to take said punk down the station the coppers would have a law suit on their hands for "harrassment"...

A local police station down in Wollongong can't respond to an incident if Indigenous people are involved, due to all the harrassment law suits they have flying at this one station and what not... Yeah... Never heard of that 20 years ago...

Too right the coppers have lost their power!

Police were never allowed to hit people, its just that 20 years ago nobody said anything.

20 years ago Indigenous people were treated as second class citizens, and still are today, which is why you never heard anything about it. The police only have their predecessors to blame for this, due to all those 'beatings' you keep referring to.

I don't think too many police officers care about paperwork, its just part of the job.

Its funny to hear you support the police when, by losing the fingerprints that would convict the person responsible for stealing your car, you complain about their rights again, I say incompetence.

I also find it ironic that you dismiss any harassment claims made by the indigenous population in your community against the police, yet when wacky dee claims to have been wrongly accused you want to throw the book at him. You seem to be very biased towards police being correct all the time and everybody else a bunch of liars. If the claims made by the police are to be taken seriously it is only fair that claims against them be taken seriously as well.

Police were never allowed to hit people, its just that 20 years ago nobody said anything.

20 years ago Indigenous people were treated as second class citizens, and still are today, which is why you never heard anything about it. The police only have their predecessors to blame for this, due to all those 'beatings' you keep referring to.

I don't think too many police officers care about paperwork, its just part of the job.

Speak to a few... They hate the crap they now have to deal with compared to 10 years ago.
Its funny to hear you support the police when, by losing the fingerprints that would convict the person responsible for stealing your car, you complain about their rights again, I say incompetence.

I also find it ironic that you dismiss any harassment claims made by the indigenous population in your community against the police, yet when wacky dee claims to have been wrongly accused you want to throw the book at him. You seem to be very biased towards police being correct all the time and everybody else a bunch of liars. If the claims made by the police are to be taken seriously it is only fair that claims against them be taken seriously as well.

Oh, and by lost, it ends up in the mountain of shit that "aren't worth it"

I could walk in there, make them dig them up and they'd go "yep, we got fingerprints, they didn't match anything, we have nothing now" purely because the shit they have to deal with politically, they'd be knee deep in shit if they went to question this bloke PURELY for having found stuff that links him to it, with out waiting on prints.

The prints are there, they'll just never get dealt with, and hence "lost" (Notice, It was in " " as in, not literally lost)

You claim Wacky Dee is "wrongly accused" he has admitted quite a few times to "planting it past people" and definitely be doing at least 110KM/h... I know for a fact, with my "stock" (Again, basic mods ~195KW) skyline, if I pulled out from behind someone at 80/90KM/H and planted it until I was level with them, I'd have been doing around 140 - 150KM/H...

I know for a fact my setup I run now leaves me doing around 170 - 180 KM/H now (If I get traction)

My old commodore (V6) would be doing 110 odd km/h... Not a skyline...

It's a matter of, he was speeding, he admits it... Then he goes high horsing... And the crap "I can't live without my car, it'll make life so hard" No, it'll make his life socially hard...

I've been pinned by the coppers before, I was doing, I wasn't doing the speed that they claim I was... And I just took the fine and points on the chin... :P

Man, I've read the whole thread from start to finish without blinking. I must say I couldn't pick you as wog at all as you do write very much gooder in English.

I'm proud of you man as I'm the wog as well and I can't write like that. Things I've noticed you are very precise and direct in your points and express yourself very well, just maybe you should represent yourself (think abot it), I think you can make them look like foolls and they want know what hit them, or maybe you should do a U turn and study law.

Anyway, I do feel for you and yes there should be some liniance (shit I cant spell) for normal citizens like you who are not repeat offenders and have reasonable driving record. What I'm saying the whole person profile should be considered.

Good luck and I hope you get reduced fine at the end.

Please keep us posted don't get mad my money is on you.

Dave

(this my adopted name) :P

:D

Edited by defari

Speak to a few... They hate the crap they now have to deal with compared to 10 years ago.

Oh, and by lost, it ends up in the mountain of shit that "aren't worth it"

I could walk in there, make them dig them up and they'd go "yep, we got fingerprints, they didn't match anything, we have nothing now" purely because the shit they have to deal with politically, they'd be knee deep in shit if they went to question this bloke PURELY for having found stuff that links him to it, with out waiting on prints.

The prints are there, they'll just never get dealt with, and hence "lost" (Notice, It was in " " as in, not literally lost)

You claim Wacky Dee is "wrongly accused" he has admitted quite a few times to "planting it past people" and definitely be doing at least 110KM/h... I know for a fact, with my "stock" (Again, basic mods ~195KW) skyline, if I pulled out from behind someone at 80/90KM/H and planted it until I was level with them, I'd have been doing around 140 - 150KM/H...

I know for a fact my setup I run now leaves me doing around 170 - 180 KM/H now (If I get traction)

My old commodore (V6) would be doing 110 odd km/h... Not a skyline...

It's a matter of, he was speeding, he admits it... Then he goes high horsing... And the crap "I can't live without my car, it'll make life so hard" No, it'll make his life socially hard...

I've been pinned by the coppers before, I was doing, I wasn't doing the speed that they claim I was... And I just took the fine and points on the chin... :(

Yeah and I hate the OH&S that I have to put up with compared to 10 years ago, but its part of my job and everyone else's, thats life.

In regards to the fingerprints, another Half assed attempt by the police. They're happy to hide out in bushes with lidars etc, hand out fine after fine then when it comes down to actually doing some police work that will lead to an arrest its straight into the too hard basket. They'll fight to the end to see you buried for a traffic offence, 8 hours spent at court, but won't follow through on a real crime because of paper work thats a laugh.

Its a prime example of why people get frustrated with the lack of effort placed into Break and Enters, stolen cars etc.

Wow no traction in 4th gear at 170+km/h you must really be pumping out the horses!