SAU Community

Skyline R33 Gts Vs S15 Autech

hello......im currently looking to buy a skyline but when i came across the S15 autech it got me thinking.....what car would be better??

The Skyline GTS R33 Series 2 non turbo or the S15 autechversion non turbo 6 speed manual....

Keep in my i am a P-plate driver....

Which are would be better???(power,safety,etc.)

or if you have a car better than these two, please share.

hello......im currently looking to buy a skyline but when i came across the S15 autech it got me thinking.....what car would be better??

The Skyline GTS R33 Series 2 non turbo or the S15 autechversion non turbo 6 speed manual....

Keep in my i am a P-plate driver....

Which are would be better???(power,safety,etc.)

or if you have a car better than these two, please share.

if their both non turbo go the s15 it has the same power as the turbo and is lighter then the 33 and of course newer better looking

but i suggest u go test drive both and see how u feel in each of them.

S15 Autechs are R34 GTS money if you want to compare in terms of price, in fact it's cheaper to get an R34 GTS coupe in manual than it is to get an S15 Autech, and in my opinion the R34 GTS is a much better car anyway.

S15 Autechs are R34 GTS money if you want to compare in terms of price, in fact it's cheaper to get an R34 GTS coupe in manual than it is to get an S15 Autech, and in my opinion the R34 GTS is a much better car anyway.

mmmmm you bring up a good point.....but will the skyline have the same grunt as the S15??? without mods.....if not how much $$ extra to give it more power???

btw what about a TRD supra 6 speed manual???? shit??? good?? reliable??

Its not about power, its power-to-weight, the S15 might not have the same numbers but you can bet it'd be just as fast, likely faster. Havent been in the driver's seat of a 15 but I imagine they handle alot better than R33s as well.

It'd be cheaper on rego, insurance, running costs, etc... and I think there's too many 33s running around.

You could get more power avenue out of the R33, being a 6 cylinder, you'll always have quicker response before boost, bigger displacement also helps, and there's a few more parts around for the RBs than the SRs.

Take both for a test drive - its the car you want - not us. Whichever one you like better.

As Kristian said, at that kind of figure, consider the R34 instead of the R33, but then it becomes a harder decision to make :happy:

how much $$ extra to give it more power???

Don't waste your money.

what about a TRD supra 6 speed manual???? shit??? good?? reliable??

s15 is newer, lighter, faster, better looking..... Supra is a Toyota so of course its reliable but s15 is deff better option. No question

Actually the last part is incorrect - in a straight line, the Supra is quicker by a fair margin. Around corners it would even up a little. Autechs make good power, but they lack in torque, meaning you have to really drive them hard to get anywhere in a hurry. 2JZs make good torque even in NA form.

A late model SZ-R Supra is similar in age to an Autech, but is also around the same sort of money to buy too. If you're after RWD, then it's certainly one of the better choices.

As for going faster, the usual exhaust, intake, computer mods all help, but the increases are fairly minor when compared with modding a turbo car (or even putting on a turbo for that matter). Best to use it for what it is, then safe the money you would've spent on modding it for buying a turbo version once you're off your Ps.