SAU Community

Fuel Problems Wit My 32 Gtst

henry R

hey all my car is slowly dying some times the car would run fine but some times it just starts to cut out when i first got the car last year it had similar problems due to my fuel tank and pump being rusted inside but that was fixed with a GTR tank and fuel pump the car was running great for 6 months and latley its just been playing up.

pretty much what happens is when i accelerate before it starts to hit boost at around 3k rpm it dies out and i try to accelerate but it goes up to 3k then cuts out like it cant pump any more fuel. when my car first got the problem a mechanic told me that my fuel system uses two different settings, less fuel in the low rpm and when boost increases the higher setting kicks in for sufficient fuel. if thats true maybe its not sending the signal to increase the pump therefore its only revving to the limit of fuel being pumped in the lower setting.

i dont think my explanation is straight forward but if anyone has had similar problems or knows about something like this any help would be great

thanks all

Id say fuel pump is on its way out.

Do you know what power you have? much mods done, and what boost?

I know my old r33 had the dual voltage sender for the fuel pump/sender. I had it removed and had it always on the higher voltage.

Id get it to a dyno/workshop so they can run it on the dyno and diagnose it properly.

If fuel pump is failling, the motor can lean out.

I had this issue, I had a195rwkw on 12psi, standard fuel system....within a month or two it ran like you said, took it to another workshop - Unigroup, and we had it on the dyno and found the cause.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

my cars all stock except cat back an pod filter still running stock boost which is around 5 or 6 psi as my guage tells me. we put a fuel pressure guage on the car and took it for a drive and as it started boosting the fuel pressure started dropping so i think your right it could be my fuel pump or the sender might be faulty but ill take your advice and take it to a workshop cause the more time i wait its just gonna kill my engine thanks for that

one more thing will these problems cause my car to idle wrong cause when it starts to cut out ill pull up and my car will revv itself to 2k n back off and then rev back up and keep doing that until it goes back to normal randomly

how bout trying those fuel pressure gauges that is connected to inlet line so u can see whilst the car is on. no the ones that u just connect up and turn yr reds. check the increase in pressure whilst the engine is under load. i would definately give that ago if i was suspecting my fuel pump.