SAU Community

330rwkw R33

MistR33td

hey guys, just want a bit of advice here, my car is currently gettin worked on at the moment and am hoping to hit arounnd the 330rwkw mark on 19psi, ive done every mod i thinks possible. How long do u do u guys think the internals and rods will last. Or should i forge the internals and all that sort of stuff as well or just wait till the engine goes then do it when its time to rebuild.

bit of background of the mods.

Vipec computer

Garrett gt3082r

cams

plenum

550 cc injectors

front mount

brass button clutch

walbro fuel pump

greddy boost controller

and the obvious external wastegate etc etc

any advice or previous experiences guys would be awesome

cheerrss

hey guys, just want a bit of advice here, my car is currently gettin worked on at the moment and am hoping to hit arounnd the 330rwkw mark on 19psi, ive done every mod i thinks possible. How long do u do u guys think the internals and rods will last. Or should i forge the internals and all that sort of stuff as well or just wait till the engine goes then do it when its time to rebuild.

bit of background of the mods.

Vipec computer

Garrett gt3082r

cams

plenum

550 cc injectors

front mount

brass button clutch

walbro fuel pump

greddy boost controller

and the obvious external wastegate etc etc

any advice or previous experiences guys would be awesome

cheerrss

you will be very lucky if u pulled 330rwkw from this combination on a standard engine

i use to run a gt3040 (gt3082r) and i only jut managed 329rwkw at 19psi on my old turbo setup but that was on a forged engine

plus your injectors will nearly be at 100% duty

if i was u id maybe put some camgears and cams in as the turbo you are running will be laggy with the .82 exhaust housing

what exhaust manifold are u using???

you should tune it to around 250--270rwkw max on a standard engine to be safe and watch your knock levels other wise you might blow a piston ringland or put the rod through the block

It'll be fine. It's all about the tune and how you drive it. Dont bash it off the limiter every day, Dont over rev it if you can help it and smooth transitions between gear changes helps everything. A few less psi wont kill you to loose so maybe run 17psi, you might loose 30 kilowatts but just for peace of mind. But apart from that, Like previously mentioned...you'll get defected before it blows up.

i use to run a gt3040 (gt3082r) and i only jut managed 329rwkw at 19psi on my old turbo setup but that was on a forged engine

Forged engine? DAMN that must have added 50rwkw

;)

^^ Yeah all comes down to the tune. Forged internals wont make you anymore power, They just make it reliable.

Much over 400kw with a standard bottom end and you're asking for trouble.

Just to make it safer and to keep it from pinging i would be looking into water/meth injection. Not only will it make it alot safer but you can also add alot more timing into it aswell as a few more psi and make more power. Last time i checked the kits where around $900 from rice racing.

Darren (SLO-030) uses that kit and went from 370kw to 450kw with just more timing and 3 more psi on pump fuel.

Bit of info :

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550320

Get the second map on the vipec tuned for e85, keep the other as a safe 98 octane tune in case you have to buy fuel between e85 retailers. Make sure it is a slightly rich tune on the 98 premium so that if you run a bit of a mix you won't be leaning out due to e85 being less dense.

I want to do this to the stag in the future, just with an emanage instead.

Edited by Race__24

• 5 weeks later...

I may have been told bullshit. But my mate was working on a 33 with 385kw at the rears. was running 25psi, threw 2 conrods through the block the size of a fist, tore the engine mounts aswell.

Cant remember details, but was fairly hardcore., high mount, ase plenum, EMS stinger, coils, Injectors and the shit. Internally stock apart from cams.

Edited by Silo_Wagon

shaun at boostworx did it bro, ended up getting a howtech(dono the spelling) computer instead of vipec. Apparently the engine should be ok for a while,

just cruise on 12psi and only goto 18psi here and there, but it gets addictive. lol, heres a pic

post-32710-1259146695_thumb.jpg

shaun at boostworx did it bro, . Apparently the engine should be ok for a while,

ahahah thats what he said to me then 2 months later they leaned it out on their dyno and blew my engine, bye bye piston 6 ringland :)

just keep an eye on ya engine warning light since u cant see a knock reading

can you post a dyno sheet and air/fuel ratios??

ahahah thats what he said to me then 2 months later they leaned it out on their dyno and blew my engine, bye bye piston 6 ringland ;)

just keep an eye on ya engine warning light since u cant see a knock reading

can you post a dyno sheet and air/fuel ratios??

hey bro, heres the dyno sheet

post-32710-1259210589_thumb.jpg

Edited by MistR33td