SAU Community

mechanic apprenticeship

druzilla32

I am currently working in an admin position and have been for the last 4 months.... its getting a bit old now.

I am realy interested in getting a mechanic apprenticeship. Does anybody know where I could go for one. I know i dont know everything that i need to but thats what apprenticeships are for.

I have only done simple stuff like installing single and dual stang boost controllers on a wrx and skyline, also will be installing a fmic on the weekend. Its a start tho.

So any help would be great.

Dude its quite a shit industry.......the pay is shit, your employers will more then likely be assholes. I think it would be pretty hard finding a job working in a performance shop....If you do get a job in the industry it will be changing oil in falcodores at your local dodgy mechanic

Unless you find a place that is passionate about their work and will look after you then i think you are better off in your admin job.

With summer coming up i know id rather be inside in a nice air conditioned room then sweating my ass off fixing cars that idiots dont know how to look after.

I dont wanna turn you off if its what you really want to do, but i'm just letting you know the reality of how things are.

I have to agree with MJ

after doin some work in the area gettin up at 5 every morning and not gettin home till 6 or even 7 for bout $6 an hour aint really worth it.

I tried gettin into the performance side but they want people with experience hence people who have done the 4 years.

If your still up for it, just ask around or give tafe a call and they can put you in the right direction.

I think if i worked on cars for a living i would get sick of working on them, and therefore wanna drive a shitter because i wouldnt wanna work on it.

I enjoy the weekends where i can have a bit of a tinker with the car and thats about it for me.... and the money factor too of the industry that i am in...

ohhh and Chaos - i dont like ur signature dood :looney:

your best bet is to do the tafe course that i am doin at the moment its a six week course (pre vocational mechanics course). its sick they teach you every thing from doin an oil change to a complete rebuild and its set out in modules.I LOVE IT. im like the youngest there though. contact tafe there are workshop facilities at brisbane ashmore and mur bah.