SAU Community

Anthony Rodriguez Coming To Town

full_stick

Hi guys,

Anthony Rodriguez the infamous tuner is apparently coming to my small town in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with him tuning their GTR. If so how did you find him? We only have one four wheel dyno in town and they don't let anyone external use it but he's an exception apparently so I might finally get my gtr tuned properly.

Also what type of figures can I expect with the following mods on my R34 GTR:

SARD 700cc injectors or Nismo 600cc (ordering tomorrow and haven't decided yet)

Nismo Fuel pump

Power FC

2860 -5's

Adjustable cam gears

90mm trust titanium exhaust

Trust front/dump extension pipe kit

Z32s

Stock R34 cooler

Blitz i-colour boost controller

Apexi super suction kit (pods)

Stock bottom end

I'm looking for a reliable tune as it's my daily driver and I'm trying to avoid rebuilding the motor for the time being as funds are a little tight at the moment. I'm hoping for a reliable 300AWKW but am not sure whether that is realistic or not. Would cams be very beneficial to my setup?

From reading other peoples threads: Don't do cams, Power target is realistic.

Personally- I would go with Nismo injectors over Sard, have heard a few bad things about Sard and many good about Nismo.

Only restriction I can see in the exhaust would be the cat (noticed you haven't listed it), 300awkw will be easy with the -5s even if the cam gears are dialed in low/mid response.. but how many psi to run through the turbo to achieve that, not sure. I think at 20psi your setup would make 350awkw, with cams this would bring it up to 400+.

From reading other peoples threads: Don't do cams, Power target is realistic.

Personally- I would go with Nismo injectors over Sard, have heard a few bad things about Sard and many good about Nismo.

Sorry forgot to mention cat has been removed and replaced with a straight pipe, advantages of living in a territory :cool:.

Would the stock cooler be of some restriction? Would I see any benefit in replacing the cooler with something a little larger and more efficient such as an ARC or Nismo item??? Also would it be of any benefit to replace just the stock cooler piping leaving the stock cooler or am I just wasting my time with pissy little mods...

Ok some cams may potential give me an additional 50awkw which seems like a good investment to me. What size cams would be most suitable for this setup??? It's my daily driver so plenty of midrange would be nice but I still want to punish every v8 on the streets so a bit of topend wouldn't go astray either :cool: so I'm thinking stage 2 hks or JUN 272 in/ex with decent lift. Would these be too aggressive for a street driven daily driver?

Would the stock cooler be of some restriction? Would I see any benefit in replacing the cooler with something a little larger and more efficient such as an ARC or Nismo item??? Also would it be of any benefit to replace just the stock cooler piping leaving the stock cooler or am I just wasting my time with pissy little mods...

Keep the stock cooler, pretty sure the ATCC spec GTR from the early 90s was putting out 600hp+ with the stock GTR cooler.

Keep the stock cooler, pretty sure the ATCC spec GTR from the early 90s was putting out 600hp+ with the stock GTR cooler.

Fred Gibson always had a few smoky little tricks up his sleeve...whether it was a totally stock one or one of his special 'homoligation' items we will probably never know.

He orgainsed Nissan factory packaging and part numbers for the 'special' R31 coolers and when questioned by scruitineers he produced the boxed items from the transporter to put them off the trail. He was a clever bastard.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Anthony tunned my Sil180 about 5 years ago. made 183rwkws out of a full stock CA even with stock intercooler using MT8 ECU. Did costed me $2500 for the tune but I havne't seen any one else whom managed to do that. He's probably the best man for Microtech systems.

Awesome so nothing but good things I've heard about Anthony.

I need a set of injectors to complete my build and I need to buy them today so they get here on time. SARD 700's or Nismo 600's is the question???

I've heard that the sards a little more difficult to tune with, whether that's true or not I really don't know. I'd prefer to get the sards as they're a bit cheaper but I'm happy to get the nismos also if it means I get a better tune. I can get the nismos from Japan for just under 800 and the sards for under 600 (without shipping).

What injectors did you end up going with?

I am making around 300kw with standard injectors and a nismo pump. Racepace seemed to think this is fine, was recommended to just get some R34 injectors only for the fact that the older they get they start to leak - but I had already dropped in some young R33's for that reason. Said I could go up to some Nismo 550's but why spend money for no reason.

Did costed me $2500 for the tune

Yeah sounds pretty pricey think mine was around $500 for an LT8 back around 2002. I know he was getting over working on cars.... maybe trying to price himself out of jobs!

He's probably the best man for Microtech systems.

Agreed.