SAU Community

Ca18det Wiring Questions

burnt_rice

Hello,

I have an 89' 180sx with a ca, bored and modded a fair bit...

The engine has been rebuilt (previous owner) and certain things haven't been wired back up, not to mention some wiring issues that I think have just happened over it's 20year life.

Ok. Ill list my problems, if anyone knows anything on the topics can you please comment? Im clueless with wire's and locations of wires...

- Horn: Its wired through the steering wheel okay, but I cant find the wires in the engine bay that connect up to the horns in the front of the engine bay.

- Petrol gauge: Occasionally swings up to MAX for no reason? Then returns back to its correct level. Could this be an issue back in the pump? (used gtr pump)

- Clock: Clock in the dash doesn't work. Its just blank.

- ECU: Basically when I had it tuned the other week, it changed it's tuned between dyno runs, giving to different a/f ratio's. Could this be linked to it's bad idling as well or not?

I don't know where to start! Hope somebody does!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

The Fuel Gauge reads off a plate that is attached to the end of your fuel lever in the tank. if that is not contacting or bent it will read funny.

Assume the ECU is good. The factory tune in it wouldn't change. If you are using a remapped or programmable chip in it then it could be in the chip. I had the same issue with my CA sil180 as the tune kept altering it self and it tuned out to be corrupted data in the chip.