SAU Community

Where To Find R33 Gtr Front Bumper

fib

Hi guys,

Where can I find an r33 GTR bumper?

Freaking hell today I was driving on hume hwy when the car in front of me suddenly swerved and I ran into a tyre on the road. Luckily I managed to slow down from 70 to 20km/h before hitting it and only sustained bumper damage, intercooler untouched :cool:

I think it's just really inconsiderate of people to just drive around road obstacles and leave it for others to have an accident on.

Cheers,

fibbo

i have a similar story. was driving to pick a mate up from work along milperra rd coming up to bunnings milperra, me in far left lane and semi next to me. far right lane a tyre truck was putting along (f*kin dodgy truck) tyre falls off, i didnt see it cause of the semi but swerved into the gutter wen i did, nearly mounting it and tyre wouldve missed my rear guard by a few mm's. crazy shit.

on your topic, check in the for for sale section of the forum as you MAY find an original 33 gtr bar. you could also go to jap wreckers (depending on location) but not sure if Just Jap at Kirawee have any (95450532), not likely but worth a chance at Sumo Spares in Chipping Norton (97247860) or Prestige Motorsport in Lansvale (97260505)

Edited by SLY-25T

Thanks mate!

Prestige motorsport had 5 in stock, but they're not cheap $683 neg for anyone interested.

I'll look around a bit more.

i have a similar story. was driving to pick a mate up from work along milperra rd coming up to bunnings milperra, me in far left lane and semi next to me. far right lane a tyre truck was putting along (f*kin dodgy truck) tyre falls off, i didnt see it cause of the semi but swerved into the gutter wen i did, nearly mounting it and tyre wouldve missed my rear guard by a few mm's. crazy shit.

on your topic, check in the for for sale section of the forum as you MAY find an original 33 gtr bar. you could also go to jap wreckers (depending on location) but not sure if Just Jap at Kirawee have any (95450532), not likely but worth a chance at Sumo Spares in Chipping Norton (97247860) or Prestige Motorsport in Lansvale (97260505)

Another update:

Just missed out by a day, fellow SAU guy was selling the front bumper (maroon one).

However I've found a guy on ebay selling new bumpers, says he has a GTR bumper it's two piece the bar and lip.

I was wondering, do GTR bumpers come in 2 piece?

I'm awaiting a pic from him.

Cheers,

fibbo.

check if its fibreglass or plastic. plastic is original. fibreglass is aftermarket. id have to say (from seeing others) plastic is 100% better. my bar can take mild bumps that glass would usually crack at. be careful with what ppl on ebay say mate. make sure its the right thing :(

Hehe it's good to know bumpers are still available somewhere. I've only owned the GTR for 4 weeks but sort of regretting it now considering how hard it is to find parts.

Now I'm looking for the two front indicators. One of them popped off and smashed to pieces, the other one looks in bad shape lol

Yet again at least the intecooler was untouched :(

check if its fibreglass or plastic. plastic is original. fibreglass is aftermarket. id have to say (from seeing others) plastic is 100% better. my bar can take mild bumps that glass would usually crack at. be careful with what ppl on ebay say mate. make sure its the right thing :D

i got a damaged one, needs repairs and new paint (you will likely have to paint any bumper anyway unless your lucky), hope you saved the indicators, genuwine nissan ones are over $200 each side.

Pick up only, probably worth repairing yourself, friend of mine was going to fix mine but i bought a new one. The damged one is fibreglass but its a flexible fibre glass (unlike my new front bar that is a rigid fibreglass).

Case of carlsburg is all i want coz its sitting in the front of my house being unloved

Hehe it's good to know bumpers are still available somewhere. I've only owned the GTR for 4 weeks but sort of regretting it now considering how hard it is to find parts.

Now I'm looking for the two front indicators. One of them popped off and smashed to pieces, the other one looks in bad shape lol

Yet again at least the intecooler was untouched :/

also parts arnt hard to find, not any harder than any other import atleast, and i can assure you its not as hard to find like trying to replace those dodgey Rover engines that they put in the kia carnivals, where 1 in 3 engines fail at about 70 000km or less lol.

PMs sent, thanks guys!

There's also a guy on ebay 'mybodykits' that said he has r33 GTR bumpers made to order for $330 + postage for those interested. Have been talking to him past few days, waiting for him to send me a pic. He has GTST bars that look like GTR ones listed at the moment, they look OK but won't be compatible for me.

Have you tried SSS at Girraween????

I'll give SSS Girraween a call tomorrow.

Cheers!

fib

PS. I just wish this ordeal would be over so I can drive my baby again. Funny thing was, it was left in the workshop for about 4 days because of a stalling problem, cleaned AFM and it's awesome, next day this happened lol. I've ordered a pair of standard indicators because somehow one of them disintegrated leaving only the bulb plug and wiring left yet the impact was nowhere near there.

Edited by fib

^ hang out for a genuine second hand bar to pop up.

run it without a bumper for now, looks tough? haha :P

got an ad up in the WTB section? phatvalish a guy on here had one a while ago, he said he'd sell it for $200 - so that should give you a bearing. BUT that one has since been sold along with the rest of the car!