SAU Community

Pits Tomorrow What To Expect....

GODZ1LLA

When i took my skyline over the pits the mods were -

18x8.5F, 18x9.5R rims, they failed me on too little tread on the tyres, not the actual rim size

De-cat pipe - didnt have to do en IM240 emissions test and the IM240 was in well and truly at the time

Full turbo back exhaust - they did not do a DB test

FMIC with pod filter and blocked off factory BOV

Coilovers - my car was 105mm lowest point from the ground and they passed that.

I took my car to Welshpool pits, was easy to fix by chaning tyres when i got failed just for that lol.

When did you go over the pits as it is due to De Cat pipes why all this emissions crap started.

^^ Arent staggered wheel widths illegal?

Running over the pits with any mods is a hit and miss, depends on the assessor...or how much bling you've got.

Unless it is factory fitted like with the Series 6 to 8 RX7 staggered rims are illegal.

It is a hit and miss big time but now technical section are working with the inspectors on modified cars and what they need to look for.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But your car didn't come from the factory with those rims/mods.

Correct me if I'm wrong but... I'm assuming the Tommy Kaira group would buy a Skyline and modify it and sell it. Why are you thinking that your car is a special/limited-edition factory car?

We all have modified cars too. But we modified them ourselves, not some famous 'Tommy Kaira'. Your car is no different, and will probably not be treated any different at the pits.

Am I wrong here?

Exactly yeah you are wrong for example sti as above and nismo trd and so fourth

400 Were sent from nissan to tommy kaira factory just like suabru sent say 421 sti type r to be changed into 22bs.....

Edited by FIRE BREATHER

It has been registered and had rwc over east......

Ahh right i thought you were saying its nothing special when its just as special as say a nismo or a veilside skyline they are all rare and unique :)

It has been registered and had rwc over east......

Ahh right i thought you were saying its nothing special when its just as special as say a nismo or a veilside skyline they are all rare and unique :thumbsup:

Ohh nah mate, it's definately special/rare. I'll swap cars with ya :)

It was registered over East so it would comply with ADRs, but might clash with WA laws.

And good point, but who's to say they didn't put some different rims/suspension in for compliance etc and put the good stuff back in after it was registered.

All I want to say is that just because those rims came with the car as new... doesn't mean they are going to pass the pits in WA. A different state to where it was first registered(in AUS), not to mention a different country to where it was modified/built. I wouldn't count on that paperwork getting you passed the pits :laugh:

Anything up to 2" bigger than factory doesnt require approval or permits, bigger CAN be registered though, provided you've got a certificate to prove it doenst affect handling, steering, braking, etc, then you'll get a permit at the pits for them?

He should be ok, besides do the guys at the pits have info on factory specs for all the different releases of every car?

DPI doesnt even have a name for Cefiro, just rego'd as "Nissan Sedan", so I doubt they'll argue the Tommy Kaira..

hahah 'nissan sedan' considering they ask mitsubishi for proof that evo's come stock with bonnet scoops u can safely say they'll see a nice sticker that says tommy kaira assume its the name of ur favourite uncle and treat u the same as any other skyline.

Edited by Char

Anything up to 2" bigger than factory doesnt require approval or permits, bigger CAN be registered though, provided you've got a certificate to prove it doenst affect handling, steering, braking, etc, then you'll get a permit at the pits for them?

He should be ok, besides do the guys at the pits have info on factory specs for all the different releases of every car?

DPI doesnt even have a name for Cefiro, just rego'd as "Nissan Sedan", so I doubt they'll argue the Tommy Kaira..

WRONG the 2 in rule went out years ago its under NOP14 1.3 times mx size on your tyre placard is the standard

ie 16x8 can legally have 20x10 rims now

To update this guys it wasnt all bad results are as follows....

It needs

Rubber on 2 of the pedals (brake and clutch).

Tint was 2 dark thats coming off in the morning.

And finally the exhaust was too noisy so i got a silencer for it!!

Going back tomoz provideing i get the peddles in time.....

Rims/tyres and suspension was ok.

He went thru the paperwork i took with me to check the tommy kaira bits to make sure they were actually there and fitted as spec sheet :(

Thanks for all the help/advice and imput guys :D

Edited by FIRE BREATHER

I know lol its huge!!

Think i may need to change it, it makes it look like a bumper car/dodgem!!!

Ahh there's a switch to the left of the steering wheels that lowers the aerial.

Edited by Dani Boi

Ahh there's a switch to the left of the steering wheels that lowers the aerial.

I think only some series 2s have it. Mine does but Karl's didn't from memory..

Edited by SKYRYAN