SAU Community

which console for NFS: Underground ?

DJ_L3ThAL

well, i have played both at the same time as my tv is right next to my comp. If you have a decent computer with a decent videocard (i have gf4 ti4200) I can say that it runs nicer and looks nicer on the pc. BUT if you have a kickass ps2 setup, amp, huge tv, nice big foff couches, go the ps2.

So yeah nfs:u dont run as well on the ps2 but its better value because of the arcadeness it has. Basically, what ever you get it on its still rice heaven.

well I play it on my PC with a ATI 9800 thingy, so it looks shmick, and its projected onto a screen with a projector with a SB Live 5.1 delivering digital audio to a 5.1 surround sound system. Combine that with a USB Steering wheel that's got a 5 meter extension (so it can reach the PC in the next room) and I love it!

Plus I can hack the shit thru the PC version, add my own vinyls, graphics and change the wording of the game itself (who wants "Style Points Earnt "when you can have "Rice Grains Earnt") ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, yeah.. Also, there's a LAN hack for the PC, so you can play LAN games.... Been doing it for 2 days straight :D Nothing more fun than banging around a track in reverse trying to smash into your flattie, where the only performance upgrades are bags of rice in the boot :-)

• 1 month later...

PC! Definately prefer the graphics on the PC (yes, assuming you have a good (DX9) graphics card, and have either an analogue joystick/PSX controller/analogue steering wheel) And Funky's got the right idea - nothing better than sitting in front of the big screen, THX-certified tyre screeching blaring through the surround sound.