SAU Community

R35 Did You Know?

Turbo31

You forgot to add:

5) We did not get any iPod/MP3 input options

6) We did not get auto lights or auto wipers

7) The Audio HD will only accept original audio files - you can't upload MP3's at all (so basically can only upload original CD's - because like anyone actually buys them anymore...)

8) You can not get a Premium model delivered with the Dunlop tyres that come with the base model.

9) Pulling the down-shift lever quickly 3 times will not drop you down 3 gears. You have to space out the shifts.

10) They should have been designed with a straight mid-pipe from factory!

Other interesting facts :

# 1 - JDM's GTR's have built in DVD players with Dolby surround. (You can watch while driving (not recommended in a 3.5 --> 100km supercar LOL).

# 2 - A set of replacement tyres for the GTR will cost you $4000 retail, $3000 if you goto Talebtyres.com.au. (highly recommend these guys, got Pirrari's for my 350Z at 1/2 the price quoted by local retailers here in GC.

# 3 - I don't think the JDM's have auto wipers the USA ones don't I know that much and I couldn't find a setting on my JDM for auto wipers when it was raining today. Yes they do have auto headlights though.

# 4 - Nissan are a bunch of tight asses for taking out the CF card from the Australian GTR's. They saved themself's $100 and ruined the music system of the car IMO. Making it a nightmare to move any music onto the car and leaving no option for the owner to put in a aftermarket audio system. Seriously for twice the retail price you'd expect to have at least the basic options that the USA car's have. I understand GPS is a bitch to do but CF card removal is just lame on Nissan's part.

# 5 - Nissan Australia are bunch of tossers for not supporting JDM cars infact blacklisting them as much as they can. (ie threatening dealers if they even look at a JDM).

mate i think YOU'RE the one two sticks short of the bundle!.. silvia GTR? i think you'll find it's ACTUALLY called the SKYLINE GTR.

Toyota never made a silvia GTR.. how would they feed the Rb25DETT through the front wheel drive system that silvias have?

not to mention the four door silvias i keep seeing around that have 4wd..

Did you know that Nissan Australia is so tight that:

1) ADM Cars did not get GPS

2) We had to wait months to finally get the floor mats

3) We did not get the card input for our Bose Sound Systems

4) We did not get voice activation for anything

And......

Is it just me or is Nissan being hypocritical by working on current model JDM Skylines which were not brought in by Nissan Oz but won't touch JDM GT-Rs? I mean if Nissan Oz were slow off the mark getting GT-Rs in and we get 12 months of grey imports before they shut the door then why punish the initiative of the JDM GT-R owners when they have no such bugbear with the owners of the Skylines?

im hoping the revised model (series 2? presuming there will be one?) will incorporate some of the 'necessities' highlighted in this thread.

either way, give it around 3 years - i'll probably be buying and driving one regardless if it has ipod input, auto wipers or 'audio HD'.

Edited by KR4-GTR

mate i think YOU'RE the one two sticks short of the bundle!.. silvia GTR? i think you'll find it's ACTUALLY called the SKYLINE GTR.

Toyota never made a silvia GTR.. how would they feed the Rb25DETT through the front wheel drive system that silvias have?

not to mention the four door silvias i keep seeing around that have 4wd..

Are you being serious? I find it difficult to siv through peoples comments to figure out wether theyre being serious or trying some sort of pathetic humour that generally only entertains themselves... or other unfortunate bandwagoners.

But incase this is a superior attack on me I will continue: Thankyou for pointing that out for me but I was already quite aware that there is no such model of car that is my username, part of the reason I chose it really, I wanted to build a Rb26 S13 and the plans have been put on hold for the moment.

I hope I have cleared everything up for your confused little mind, If you were trying some 'humour' please disregard my comments and go back to doodling on your etch-a-sketch, good day :)

bahahaha

yeah i gathered you were trying to do that

it's a slow day at the office when i write posts like that...

i thoguht your sarcasm detector would've got that one though, perhaps it's not plugged in??

esp obvious considering i spoke of the toyota silvia... in FWD...

Rowan, like most Cefiro owners has a strange sense of humour!

The local Nissan dealer won't touch anything JDM, the parts manager who's a champ told me that its Nissan Australia policy to not work on grey imports - that theres too many variations and models or something like that? Either way they can only do parts apparently.

Well guys the 2010 GTR Specs are now confirmed. They get;

1) The iPod input

2) Auto headlights

3) GPS with 3D Bridview.

4) CD player supports MP3 and WMA

This is good of Nissan to screw us on the 09 and then offer the features we should have got on the 2010.