SAU Community

4 Point Harness Setup

handbrake

Have seen many solutions around (particularly US), interested to know what local guys have gone with.

I remember Snowman mentioned something about rear parcel shelf custom fabrication options, good to keep safe harness angles relative to lower back seatbelt fixation points.

Not keen to put in a harness bar if possible as this is a daily driver (noted LSX's experiences with snapping the lower seatbelt fixation bolt from fitting and removing the EVO bar).

I was just down at Merridian Motorsports (looking at something for the race-car) and they mentioned they just fitted one in an R35 and they mentioned they did one in the rear parcel shelf that you could only see the eye bolts for the harness attachment on. Not sure if the guy that got it fitted is on here or not to post up some pics.

Thanks Snowy, just spoke to Brenton from Merridian Motorsports, extremely polite and helpful guy. He just finished an install for a rear parcel shelf on an R35 6 weeks ago as you mentioned.

He is wmailing some pics but sounds like a great option that maintains daily drivability but ensures safe harness fitment.

Apparently the aluminium bracing they utilise in the car joins the rear strut towers and is a damn fine bit of engineering, more than capable of safely supporting a harness bar.

speak to Brenton from Merridian motorsport he will email you the specs and pictures.

He was happy to have the images posted but I fear copycat fabrication, they have to benefit from their hard work after all!