SAU Community

Skyline Cop Magnet

Hi Huys,

Im new on here and have plans to purchase a V-spec r34 soon, I have heard many stories people getting pulled over by cops in their skyline for no reason and cops just want to give them a hard time by asking stupid questions. Can someone verify this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have vouched for any one of these guys saying "they leave you alone unless you're a knob" until a few weeks ago when I was followed for 5 kms then pulled over in my own driveway by a mug in a blue uniform, disgrace to his fellow colleagues, for "my car is too low". Proved on the spot he wasn't he yellowed me anyway, when questioned why he didn't pull over the taxi driver who'd been tailgating/speeding/high beaming people for that time, said "we can only do 1 thing at a time". My ass.

Not cop magnets. Although , if you rice them up like any car you can make it draw more unwanted attention.

If you drive sensibly, cops leave you alone. I've had skylines for many years and can't say I've had a single issue with lots of kms of travel in them (more than most as I use them for work cars).

i will say yes they are compared to other cars, this straight from a sargents mouth when i was writting a report against the way i was treated by the police when stopped... "we dont just look at skyline we look at any car that is lowered or has an exhaust including those xr8 things"... so yes they are targeted but so are other cars. All i can say is drive nicely and know your shit when you are pulled over so they can not give you shit.

Yeah but stormtroopers car isn't exactly riced up.

It was just a bad example, or a shit cop.

Thats why its important to make your car as inconspicuous as possible.

*lol at President Pauls car and driving through the streets in that *

Then again how can you define stock?. Stock rims. 1.5 inch exhaust, normal bonnet, no ridiculous body kits or useless wings? We know what stock looks like and they know what the most obvious and common modification, an exhaust looks like.

Cops have nfi anyway and they can defect you if they believe there is a problem so pretty much its a lose lose situation especially considering most cops have no previous automotive knowledge.

+1 On basic mechanic course being compulsory.

Simply put mate, if you drive like a cock on the roads and try to show off, then yes, you will get pulled over and given a hard time.

If you drive like any other normal driver then no, you won't get pulled over.

Every time i got pulled over i was being an idiot or doing something to attract attention to myself....

I have heard many stories people getting pulled over by cops in their skyline for no reason and cops just want to give them a hard time by asking stupid questions. Can someone verify this.

False ..

The same can be said for any performance car with a young driver driving it.....

The cop are always gonna look and possibly pull you over regardless of what make/model your in...

Drive sensibly and you should be fine...

don't excessively lower your car, don't get a silly BOV and get a 2 muffler exhaust system and they'll leave you alone.. unless you drive like a tool and deserve to be pulled over :(

i've only been pulled over once in my 32 and it was because i went around a corner rather fast.. i deserved it.. the officer was reasonable and just told me to be more careful.. left me on my way.