SAU Community

Skyline Cop Magnet

4 years in a skyline and Ive only been pulled over twice by the cops and no yellow stickers.

First time, cause I was driving a little enthusiastically in front of them... my bad.

Second time, after a booze bus i got pulled to the side and given a bit of grief about my wheels been to wide but i was let go anyway.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at the answers in this thread, clearly people have different opinions and they are going to get voiced.

Personally ive had my car for 8 months now, and i believe that if you drive properly, don't have music blasting, and generally don't drive like an idiot, then you will be fine. Also make sure that everything on your car works properly, headlights, brake lights, indicators, etc. Just don't give them a reason to pull you over, and 99% of the time, they won't.

Having said that, there is a wanker in every job and that includes the police service. The one time i got my yellow sticker, the cop that pulled me over was a really nice guy, absolutely nothin wrong with him. As a few other people have said already, lots of cops don't have much knowledge about cars, and this was the case with the cop that pulled me over, he just "wasn't sure" if this and that were legal. Unfortunately he then called some 'experts' who then proceeded to bend me over the table, stickering me for things like my eyelids, GTR spoiler, etc. Inspector at the pits laughed at them and said i was unlucky.

I believe Ecentrix had a similar experience with park lights didn't you dude? :(

But even after that experience, i believe most cops are trying to do the right thing, if you are driving carefully and safely, everything on your car works, and most importantly everything is LEGAL... Then you shouldn't have a problem, most cops will even compliment you on your car, wave at you as you drive past, etc.

I've been pulled over a few times but most of the time it's just RBT or license coz i'm out in the middle of nowhere at crazy hours of the morning. In saying that most times they don't even take notice of what car it is.

My first car was a non turbo vl and i got pulled over pretty much everytime i went out for a cruise and they wanted to look at everything. I believe most cops are smart enough to know a modified import when they see one however because they're generally not THAT old they believe most of the time they're safe eg brakes and suspension actually work etc (compared to an 80's or earlier car) and as long as you're not attracting attention they won't bother you. That's my experience..

If you drive like miss daisy there's no reason u should get pulled up.

Never been pulled over for a random licence check/vehicle inspection in 6 years of driving a Skyline.

Same ^^^+1. Drove 3yrs in the R33 & 3yrs in the R34.

My Skyline mechanics say that many jobs have had to be done to return cars to 'Non-Defectable' because the owner was pinged...

1) at night

2) near Maccas/KFC/KKs

3) doing silly things

Cops in WA are different, they hate skylines and skyline events & cruises. My mate got pulled over 8 times now in past 2 months, he's got a white R34 GTR stock and he drives it like a granny!! I dont see the reason getting pulled over 8 times when you havent broken any rules or done anything wrong!!!

Cops in WA are different, they hate skylines and skyline events & cruises. My mate got pulled over 8 times now in past 2 months, he's got a white R34 GTR stock and he drives it like a granny!! I dont see the reason getting pulled over 8 times when you havent broken any rules or done anything wrong!!!

My understanding was the opposite, from what I have heard/read, you are more likely to get pulled over in the Eastern States due to the P-plate restrictions.

I got pull over 3 times 3 days in a row during the Easter Break, otherwise haven't got pulled over any other time. But then again I mainly just travel in traffic peak times where there's no cop presence at all.

sigh this has been discussed ad nauseum

it depends on a combination of what you drive like, how you look, your attitude to the cop once pulled over and the cop themselves. yes our cars stand out from the bland taxis and 4 bangers, so we are more noticeable, plus our cars have a reputation due to the small amount of dickheads who do hoon on the road, i reckon we don't get it any worse than rexxies or supras though

As a rule I don't drive like a tool on the street but...

for eg. pulled over in an RBT when I had my r34 GTT, did the breath test then told to pull up a bit further to pop my bonnet, cops tried to ping me (had an exposed pod at the time which came like that from japan) but I didn't act like a tool, they let me go with a warning but told me to get the pod covered/engineered etc etc

also when I had the 34 operation taipan pulled me over as I was cruising along on the great western highway where the minchinbury maccas is, (not to mention he swerved in and out of traffic to catch up to where I was & had to speed up over the limit, i saw his sirens as far back as the BP servo, ironic) he got me to pop my bonnet, again just a warning to drive safe (yeah sure, when I was cruising at the speed limit & you drove like makkinen to get & pull me over) and sent on my way.

False.

Ive been pulled over numerous times for random checks, multiple times through RBT's etc, and i have never been questioned.

I even got waved through an rbt after returning from a track day. Straight pipe, diff, stripped, skid rims on etc and they didnt even blink

Edited by r33cruiser

Got pulled over last week, stupid me not watching speedo in my own stupid world 71 in a 60, Cop was a little arrogant, he said he somehow "knew" my car had pod filters...

Popped the bonnet to reveal a factory airbox...

"Gee I havn't seen many with those"

and the circle of life continues...

I have two skylines, Turbo one i have never been pulled over,

And a non-turbo skyline and never been pulled over but been through

a RDT test and nothing, and i'm on my green P plates, and i don't think

skylines are magnets at all...

I have only been pulled over in my shitty old OZ R31, never in my 32 or '3. All modded.

Your attitude plays a big part in what happens when your pulled over I believe. If your prone to acting like a cock with little self control you can make things worse for yourself.

everyone has their own experiences. but it really depends on what time you're driving and what area. during the day i haven't had any problems. but i get followed all the time at night around night club areas.

and agreed with everyone else that has said it, if you drive like a wanker you will get pulled up

in my experience, i went from driving a bmw to my 33 gtst and it does attract a lot more attention from the police

ull get pulled over no matter how u drive

"this is a random license check"

*loves it* i get pulled over in middle of day on wednesdays n stuff, license and rbt.... pffft, meanwhile a clubby/ss has just gone screaming past but its ok up here cause its bogan central and the cop probably rooted his cousin and let the clubby driver watch and take pictures, grrrr i'm in a bad mood lol, shouldnt post when angry

Load of bullshit.

No car is a cop magnet unless you are a knob hat and drive like a tool.

Or if you drive a pink car.

and you sir are a tool if you think cars can't be cop magnets, pretty sure i don't get pulled up in my old boys tungsten vt commy...... ever, up to 3 times a day (two or three times has happened) in my s13 which is clean, not shit hanging off it uber loud zorst and chromies and stickers n shit

Edited by 13-DFT