SAU Community

Is It Just Me, Or Does Everyone Want To Drag?

i use to get it in my 180.

once had a short wheel based pajero with some turbo diesel engine in it that thought he'd give me a run, i got the shits with him after he kept flying off at every set of lights,let them have 1st gear then catch up to him by 2nd gear then hold 2nd while he continued to wind out his gears

but in the R33 don't see to have too many apart from the occassional tool

i've learnt not to pay too care too much about other cars at lights these days

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the randoms that always make me laugh.

I remember some shitbox hatchback tried to go me once, revved it up, dumped it and all. I took off normally then decide to give my car a little push (3/4 throttle) and still came out a head before we reached the speed limit.

Then again, like someone mentioned earlier it might just be people who are running late or always take off like maniacs from the lights, because I get some bizarre cars take off beside me.

actually, yeah, thats pretty damn slow.

1800kg and 131kw.... i bet even a busted arse old ef-el falcon or vn commondore has a better power to weight ratio.

1800kg? what are you stupid? Mines a 2 seater manual slicktop ~1420kg. Even the heaviest 2+2 Auto TT 300ZX weighs 1610kg not 1800, i suggest next time you should actually know what your talking about before you go and try to make yourself sound like a hero :P. Also thats 131 rear wheel kw, about the same as an auto GTS25t(although probably not as fast).

Edited by Super Drager

1800kg? what are you stupid? Mines a 2 seater manual slicktop ~1420kg. Even the heaviest 2+2 Auto TT 300ZX weighs 1610kg not 1800, i suggest next time you should actually know what your talking about before you go and try to make yourself sound like a hero :P .

hahaha BURNT!

I don't know what it is, but I've had my skyline for a year and a half and no one around here is game enough to line up with me! I'm yet to have a v8 commodore driver sit up to the line with me yet, they all seem to want to sit a car length back....

It's because you own a gtr lol why would you bother to race a gtr they know they won't even have a chance the minute they see a GTR they get nightmares of Bathurst lol

I've never had any monaros commonwhores or falcodores etc race me I've only had morons on their p's in SSS pulsars and corollas (turbocharged ones) oh and r33 owners especially the ones with bov's your all fully sick (just because I keep my stock bov you guys seem to want to vent a few too many times next to me) but atleast none of you guys try and race me hehe

even If you did I'd not care.

Also I do take off at lights quite quick as well cos I'm trying to beat the traffic - although I never speed but I get to the limit as quick as possible to not get stuck behind guys who do 15 under the limit etc

Lol. Yes they do have to prove it. They have a lot more chance on the street when were not interested then on the track when we are.

At first when i got my 33 i noticed lots of people looking my direction then planting it. Lately i havent noticed it nearly as much as i used to. Had the window down at night time one night at a set of lights and got asked to race for pinks. I just looked at em (p platers in a camry or apollo or something similar) and couldnt be bothered even thinking up a smart reply.

As mentioned above. I do the same, any set of traffic lights put on the deep stare into the distance as far away from the car next to me as possible.

If you're in NSW and some one asks you to race for pinks. Stare at them with your best 'what the hell are you talking about' look and ask them what the f*@k do they need a road worthy certificate for a Nissan skyline for? :banana: ... Unless they're in an unregistered skyline, they'd probably have a fairly descent excuse then.

Hondas are the biggest culprits.

they vtec you and you flutter on them and they back off and wind their window up

HAHA

Fkn LOL! they v-tec you.....I don't know why but that actually made me laugh out loud - so true :)