SAU Community

New User - of forum and skylines

scary

G'day all..

I am a keen holden man and after having a VL and a VP, i felt the need to have a VL Turbo Manual. Due to the rediculous prices of these things, I have decided to go for a Skyline instead as they are basically the same engines but a newer car with a hell of a lot fewer km's.

Anyway, i just sold my VP and i am looking for an R33 RB25DE Manual. I have $10000 (so a turbo is out of the question) and will be getting a loan out, but obviously, the less the loan, the better. This has probably been asked before but if anyone is selling an R33 Manual, (with perhaps a nice bodykit), in or around Perth, please notify me.

Thanx for your time

i know that vl's might be expensive but i think you will be the luckiest guy in perth to pick up a non turbo r33 cheaply

i would set sights at the R32 its perfect for what you need while still being newer than the vl but $10K might still be a little short.

I will save the s13 comments for someone else

Heya Scarey welcome to SAU :rofl:

for the right price you can buy my R33 series2 non turbo :)

cya

#Russell

and what is the right price 33Spec2?

Well, i was looking at having around 15,000.

I didnt think that would be too unreasonable as I saw ( i think it was 2) R33 Manual's in the Quokka. One with a body kit and some stezza gear and he was asking 15,800ono.

scary,

you should have no problems finding a non turbo series1 R33 GTS manual for under $15k. Driver from these forums in Perth is selling his black GTS for $12.9k but it's auto. You could probably find a stock series1 turbo R33 auto for a little over $15k, sometimes even cheaper. But then you gotta worry about insurance too.

:D

my mate sold his 95 r33 (good nick) for 14k.... crazy mofo.. had just over 100thou kays and only mods were catback and a modified chip from japan. it was a freak, ran 7psi then 9psi when it hit a certain rev range. low to mid 13 second car and all...

wonder if the owner is on here

sweet thanx guys

u have restored my confidence

i was considering doing buying a stock manual na VL and doing mods like a DOHC, stronger manual box, Aero Body kit and converting it to turbo. It would ****in fly but i thought i didnt really have the time for something like that. And in the end, its still a 16 yr old body, which is why i wouldnt mind an upgrade.

Ive been driving autos for too long and i would really like to 'drive' again!

As for insurance, well im 21 and most insurance companies hate that, which is my an atmo would be preferable, and perhaps a conversion much farther down the track.

Thanx for all the input and keep those cars rolling in for me ;-)

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Scary

5spd vlt- $7000- low 14s pretty much stock

5spd r33 gts- $14000- what? maybe 16s if you are lucky

double the price and half the performance is a big compromise all for the sake of a dash board that doesn't look like a cannon emplacement.

If insurance is your concern shop around. If you just cant get a turbo because of that it may be worth saving up and waiting and making your first really good car a GTR rather than going through 4 or 5 cars in the meantime and loosing all that $

my 2c

im going to do what the guys do when theres a new girl on SAU.

Are you cute?

Are you single? :D

I thought it was time us girls got our own back :) (I dont mean it paulie ;) )

Welcome to SAU .... we arent all that scary.

My cousin just dropped a rb25det into his vl, wolf3d is going in 2day and in a couple of weeks the exhaust is going on and the tuned at sst

price so far=

motor 96 $3500 installed it himself, slipped straight in

wolf3d $1500 +around $600 to install

zorst ???

tuning ???