SAU Community

Anyone In VIC Installed A "Patrol" Clutch??

gtstii

hey all,

I've researched a little bit about these Nissan Patrol Clutches which heaps of people have used and are meant to be a straight fit into a skyline, stronger than stock and feel quite ood (as I've read)!!

Has anyone in Vic installed one of these?

What do you think of it if you have?

I was thinking of getting one, cos if they are good, I can get them for $200 and install for $250 - $450 for a brand new clutch is a sweet deal! :D

Ive heard that you have to specify "heavy duty" when you order the clutch or else you just get the normal one. I think I heard this from max? not sure though..

I've had it done.

Yes, the part no. is R173N, get the Heavy Duty version, its a little more but def worth it.

The clutch feels great, actually lighter feel than the stock one

Not sure about the R32 GTR, but I remember reading that it uses the same clutch as the R33 GTSts...

• 6 months later...
I've had it done.

Yes, the part no. is R173N, get the Heavy Duty version, its a little more but def worth it.

The clutch feels great, actually lighter feel than the stock one

Not sure about the R32 GTR, but I remember reading that it uses the same clutch as the R33 GTSts...

hey maximus, where did ya get yer clutch from?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just tried to order a Patrol clutch from 3 Nissan dealers, and all of them said that R173N was an invalid part number. It was probably for an aftermarket clutch they said. Does anyone have the exact details of the clutch (or a serial number that works) so I can order it?

Thanks,

Michael