SAU Community

Rb25 Neo Engine Versions

Whooby

Hello all,

After trying to work out whats wrong with the damn thing with it not starting, i started looking at the pics of the Neo motor's more closely.

There is the Red writing covers and the silver writing covers.

But i noticed that a red writing cover has a cylinder/solenoid perhaps on the intake pipe just before the throttle body

***See Pic***

post-35231-1257400556_thumb.jpg

And the other silver writing cover doesn't have it, just the blanked off plate. (My Stagea)

***see pic***

post-35231-1257400670_thumb.jpg

See also this thread - The red writing cover doesn't have the 'thing' on the intake pipe......?!?!?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ne...es-t285232.html

So the questions are who has this 'thing' on their car, who knows what it's for? And Why are Neo's so annoyingly different to the earlier RB25's ?

I found these threads have some info about the different turbo's, so possibly there was 3 versions of the Neo RB25 (Not including N/A)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ne...es-t285232.html

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Di...54#entry1527454

Feel free to shed some light.

Hugh.

that solenoid on the throttle body is for traction control. unless you have a rear wheel drive Stagea or R34 you wont have it. the 4WD model stagea's don't have traction control. Nissan used the same throttle body for them all, just used a blank to remove the traction control when it wasn't needed

pretty sure that thing is part of the traction control system on R34s... stags dont have traction control so no extra thing. i'm pretty sure that's what it is... it's the reason it's so hard to change the throttle body on an r34 because you loose traction control.

D.

Ahh I see. So the traction control closes the throttle to stop the wheels from spinning? Or does it have a sensor for the ABS too?

I thought in most cases(on my Celsior for example) the Traction control is managed with the ABS system.

Thanks guys.

How much truth is in the silver writing covers being a series 2 motor with the different turbo?

Do Series 2 Stageas have 3 variations like the Skyline? It'd be nice to know I/we have the stronger turbo variant.

Ahh I see. So the traction control closes the throttle to stop the wheels from spinning? Or does it have a sensor for the ABS too?

I thought in most cases(on my Celsior for example) the Traction control is managed with the ABS system.

Thanks guys.

How much truth is in the silver writing covers being a series 2 motor with the different turbo?

Do Series 2 Stageas have 3 variations like the Skyline? It'd be nice to know I/we have the stronger turbo variant.

yeah, its like a second throttle butterfly that closes via ecu control. i'm unsure about any ABS integration though.

even if you have a S2 or S3 Neo engine variant with the turbo that has the steel compressor wheel instead of the nylon one, the weak part of stock RB turbo is still the ceramic turbine wheel, and the reason why you cant boost them right up without risking failure.