• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting performance aside...

These are the "stereotypes" in society:

Ferrari = wanker/mid life crisis/sugar daddy/MILF hunter/low technical intelligence/pretentious

GT-R = street racer/school girl chaser/cool/technically intelligent/real/I.T (or related field) nerd

Putting performance aside...

These are the "stereotypes" in society:

Ferrari = wanker/mid life crisis/sugar daddy/MILF hunter/low technical intelligence/pretentious

GT-R = street racer/school girl chaser/cool/technically intelligent/real/I.T (or related field) nerd

Very true on those Sterotypes. The Ferrari has too much "poser" factor for me personally, how could you use that as a daily driver? You have to get dressed up everywhere you go out cause your basicly posing in it everytime you drive it.

I don't see a point in owning a Modena, its like "Yep I saved up and bought a 8 year old Ferrari and yes I don't have much money left now, can I borrow a $5 for lunch?.

At least if you own a Ferrari 430 you are saying "yes this car cost the same as your house, so what?".

I like the GTR, its cool but understated, has credibility cause people know its so freaking fast its scary. And its new modern and looks great.

Its also not bright red or yellow screaming LOOK AT ME. Which I like.

nah I still reckon F50 > every other Ferarri - everything carbon fibre, 1360kg, 392kw, 0-100 in 3.6 seconds, a v12, whats not to love about it!

I like to fantasize that I had enough money to make one of those websites like the ones where they smash a brand new PS3 or Xbox and do that to a Ferrari :)

nah I still reckon F50 > every other Ferarri - everything carbon fibre, 1360kg, 392kw, 0-100 in 3.6 seconds, a v12, whats not to love about it!

I like to fantasize that I had enough money to make one of those websites like the ones where they smash a brand new PS3 or Xbox and do that to a Ferrari :action-smiley-069:

seriously? a F50?

You need a cat scan!

seriously? a F50?

You need a cat scan!

Yeah man, the F50 is my favourite Ferrari aswell, hands down!

The problem being last time I saw they were still in the region of $900,000.00 AUD not quite GT-R/360/Testarossa money!

If money no object go the Ferrari...however the reality is the R35 GT-R is a much better and much faster car, hell it probably turns more heads too. Engine note goes to Ferrari, but the GT-R sounds the dogs bollocks too once a good mid pipe installed.

I have family and friends who have owned Ferrari's and they have all been short term affairs, as they are often too impractical and too fragile to drive much of the time. They look gorgeous and sound great, but the upkeep is prohibitive. Ever wonder why they only do 3,000-5,000km per year?

...and I say all this coming from an Italian background and as an AVID supporter of the Ferrari F1 team, a real 'Tifosi'. I live and breath Ferrari, but the 360 is way out of its depth next to an R35 and from a couple of Ferrari mechanics I know, more troublesome than say an F355. The 360 will be a novelty for a while, but the reality will kick in, the GT-R will be something truly special that you can keep for many years and I believe will have MUCH more significance in supercar history...and as many people point out, the GT-R will be more exclusive too.

GT-R for me.

SaME choice here in sydney, i was looking at r35's and i was astonished when i foound a few 360's cheaper than a new R35. I went Maserati instead lol, even better value for money, only prob with the ferrari and maserati is there not the most comfortable cars around, so if you want to drive it around quite regularly and on long trips, i'd say get the R35, but if its to impress, or to have an amazing looking / sounding car and you want to be the centre of attention, go for Italian super cars instead. (but if your taller than 6 foot 3, you will have a fun time trying to fit into italian engineering)