SAU Community

I'd Like To Do An Engine Rebuild For My '93' R33

At some stage I would like to do a full engine rebuild for my R33. This forum is proving to be a great place to get parts new/used at good prices.

What I thought I would do is over time buy all the parts off this website and maybe a few others and then take them to my mechanic and have him build it for me.

Now I have seen that the rb25/30 is very popular and I'm thinking I might as well go forged for that extra strength and reliability. Now I'm not a mechanic and have very little knowledge on cars so I'm hoping you can all tell me the sort of stuff I should be looking out for on here.

I.e, what type of pistons, crank shaft, cams, bearing etc I should use/hunt for. Should I hunt for a particular type of head and block etc etc. Now I know that an engine build can range from 5 grand to 20+ given the quality of the stuff you use and the power you want from it.

I'd be more than happy with a bullet proof engine giving me 200 rwkw that has boost come on nice and early.

So I'd like to hear from you telling me what the sort of things I should be looking out for.

Big thanks in advance people.