SAU Community

Thanks Tom From Nengun

full_stick

I actually asked Jesse to purchase it for me and he's the one who bought to my attention that there was only one headlight, not two but as he's been so busy lately and I only saw the headlight the day the auction finished Jesse didn't have a chance to reply.

I totally agree, he's a legend and I've purchased quite a few things through him now, great bloke, pleasure doing business with him.

So is Tom the owner of nengun???

Bad Hair Dave:

The title says headlights, plural, the picture depicted two headlights and they've referred to them as "super rare ones" plural so that was enough to imply that was a set. It does not specify at all that that it's for the right side only.

A mate of mine actually sent me the link and thats how I got onto this set so it had obviously fooled him as well. I bet if I had told you, you would have assumed it was a pair, I guarantee it in fact.

Possibly, but as i said, there is enough ambiguity there that i'd check.

I don't, for example, skim over something if i don't understand it, i ask someone who can read the language. You've read only what you wanted to see. I can see that there are bits in the description you've chosen to ignore. You're going to put money down with a 100% guarantee that you won't get it back. Make sure it's all good before you do.

Don't blame the broker for your error. Don't sulk when he gets offended because you've tried to.

This time it is exhibition of the light/write of the right side.

Did you close your eyes when it came to reading this part?

Yes it's broken, but even I can still take away from that what is intended. Then you had the nerve to say you wouldn't pay it and ask for help at the same time.

No sympathy here, wear it.

I've purchased a few things via a differnet buyer in Japan and you do need to be careful if you don't speak Japanese (I don't). It is unfortunate what has happened to you but this is what can happen when something looks like a great price and you don't have all the facts. The first thing I would have looked at is the 2x negative feedback, not that this appears to be the issue in this case though. It says that the heading is an automated translation. You cannot trust these engrish 'translations' so if it's not clear enough or there's conflicting info then have it checked. It mentions Headlight singular twice in the one sentence. Also check what other items the user is selling as if you saw they had two auctions of R34 headlights you might have questioned things further.

+1, Tom could have handled the first response better. He may get this often and as mentioned already they probably end up as a huge headache for little reward. If you need to email someone and english is probably not their first language try to be as clear as possible as you could just cause more issues. I email a number of contacts around the world for work and it is unbelievable how so many simple things can be misinterpreted. I can only speak english so I take my hat off to them all, especially some of my European contacts who know 6-7 languages :P

Good luck with the headlight, I hope it all arrives fine.

Hopefully other people read what has happened to you and they learn from it.

Harsh mate, I bet if you were in his boots you'd cry a river as well.

Not harsh, constructive and truthful, maybe it's just hard to hear. If I f**ked up, I'd cop it sweet.

Sure it would add insult to injury getting a response like that from nengun, but the guy left himself open with his poor initial response.

Live and learn.

good read. and thanks for the heads up.

had about 4k in the cart full of jdm goodies but may need to think twice about committing. then again the things i buy off nengun are brand new.....not auction...so i dont know if there is a added safety net there.

the unfortunate thing about this Jesse Streeter is that he offers no insurance. not sure how many of you are willing to take that risk.

but i guess for the odd small jdm googie, auction stuff from him sounds great...will suss out in the future!!

Put it perspective, the guy probably deals with 20 people like yourself that have trouble wording emails in a way that don't come across as rude "as really don't believe I should have to pay".

They are a go between, like many other companies. They make what, 15% on each item purchased?

As soon as he wastes 15-30mins answering your useless email they have already lost money.

I'm not saying the guys customer service is awesome, but the bottom line is you are wasting his time and using the phrase above is the worst way to get the guy onside.

What he does need to learn is responding to emails without emotion to avoid people crying a river because someone offended them in an email.

you missed the point here - Tom is paid to do a job, which I gather to deal with customer service in general (or complaints only). he is doing a poor job of managing customer complaints. it maybe a systematic failure by nengun hiring people not suitable for the job or not providing adequate training to cope with situations like this, who knows.

in any case, how does that phrase go again, the customer s always right....

good read. and thanks for the heads up.

had about 4k in the cart full of jdm goodies but may need to think twice about committing. then again the things i buy off nengun are brand new.....not auction...so i dont know if there is a added safety net there.

the unfortunate thing about this Jesse Streeter is that he offers no insurance. not sure how many of you are willing to take that risk.

but i guess for the odd small jdm googie, auction stuff from him sounds great...will suss out in the future!!

Do a search for streeter on the forum and I'm sure with the recommendations you get, thats an assurance itself (its the same as reading a forum member's trader comments).

I've emailed him making enquiries before and there was a time I decided to buy something after 1month or so. He checked the availability out and told me I will have to wait up to a month for it. I didnt end up buying it because I couldnt wait that long. My point is a lot of people will just tell you 2weeks ETA for EVERYTHING because thats roughly how long it'll take to freight it to Australia and not a lot will know the exact or very close ETA dates. The fact that he point that out to me, shows he takes pride in his work and is an honest bloke. Oh yea, his price is always lower than anyone else I know of unless you've found the odd cases where someone is having a clearance sale or trying to get rid of something they bought my mistake.

For those that wanna check his website out, the link is below.

www.jessestreeter.com

So basically through your own lack of knowledge of the Japanese language and reliance on a translation service that at best is going to be rough...

And you are trying to slag off a business?

Go to boostcruising or nissansilvia - SAU has no time for this rubbish.

Read the board rules in future.