SAU Community

Got Done For Turbo

HSV_Killer

Hang on...you're calling me a moron for stating the law and cold hard logic of this guys situation? Neither this website, the forums, or SAU Vic for that matter condone driving illegally. You can pull some bullshit statistic out of your ass all you like...your brother and anyone else who drives illegally is stupid for doing so. I'm not here to make friends, probably one of the least liked people on these forums actually but I'm certainly not here to impress anyone.

That's the problem, you assume 18 is old enough to know the risk but many of these "adults" aren't aware of the legal implications that stretch beyond the police giving you a fine for driving a high powered vehicle. And yes, there are real police who patrol the internet. You can call them "wannabe" all you like but I suppose you'll be receiving a "wannabe" fine and a "wannabe" licence suspension, along with a "wannabe" impounding and a "wannabe" court case if things really turn to shit. Who's the wannabe now? I support and welcome police monitoring online forums...it's a great way for them to infiltrate circles of idiocy and keep them away from the rest of us. You best believe it happens too; not so long ago some fool bragged on his car club forum about doing burnouts on the way home after getting canaried in his blue S15...police tracked him down via the forum and impounded his car for a long time, using his posts as evidence. Licence split down the middle too.

I love how everyone's immediate thought of risk when it comes to driving a high powered vehicle is the fines they can get for it from the police...

My brother did it when he was 18 like i said, he's now 24 and of course is allowed to do whatever he wants with his car. Yeah i do know the Police patrol the internet, but honestly, they aren't going to use Forum posts as evidence, if they did it would just be so unprofessional, as for 1;

I can log onto a mate's forum account and say "Omg bro uleh i did some hektik 360s in dandenong and these copz tryed catchin me and i was like naaahhhh idiotz and drove off. my car is a wrx dos'ing with 14 psi." - YEAH POLICE WILL f**k A GUYS LIFE UP FOR A FRIEND f**kING AROUND. Once again... Moron.

Secondly, IP Track? ok since when did the police become FBI on a guy chirping in second gear? I'm sure they have better things to worry about like paedophiles or impersonating police (wish i saw u irl to stare u down as i type that).

I bet you yourself have done some "illegal" things at the age of 18, or even 17 like drinking alcohol etc. Give the kid a break. It's pathetic to see people like you acting superior. Instead of going down his throat give him some help.

Oh and in regards to police tracking conversations. The only things i've noticed police to do is go to Cruise events and Snipe out the people there.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with birds, he def is one of the least liked people here..... :D

lol, but seriously he does more often than not speak clearly and logically. in this case he is right, and you guys mouthing off on a public forum about breaking the law are muppets.

I'd not call it mouthing off, it's moreso telling him to go easy on a new member of SAU. Plus i personally have not broken any laws as my car is non turbo.

Hang on...you're calling me a moron for stating the law and cold hard logic of this guys situation? Neither this website, the forums, or SAU Vic for that matter condone driving illegally. You can pull some bullshit statistic out of your ass all you like...your brother and anyone else who drives illegally is stupid for doing so. I'm not here to make friends; probably one of the least liked people on these forums actually and I'm certainly not here to impress anyone. But I do take it upon myself to remind people of laws they may or may not be aware of...it's worth it for the few who do listen and change their minds about taking the risk.

That's the problem, you assume 18 is old enough to know the risk but many of these "adults" aren't aware of the legal implications that stretch beyond the police giving you a fine for driving a high powered vehicle. And yes, there are real police who patrol the internet. You can call them "wannabe" all you like but I suppose you'll be receiving a "wannabe" fine and a "wannabe" licence suspension, along with a "wannabe" impounding and a "wannabe" court case if things really turn to shit. Who's the wannabe now? I support and welcome police monitoring online forums...it's a great way for them to infiltrate circles of idiocy and keep them away from the rest of us. You best believe it happens too; not so long ago some fool bragged on his car club forum about doing burnouts on the way home after getting canaried in his blue S15...police tracked him down via the forum and impounded his car for a long time, using his posts as evidence. Licence split down the middle too.

I love how these P platers' immediate assumption of risk when it comes to driving a high powered vehicle is only the fines they can get for it from the police...

Can you talk any more shit than you already have?

Simple end of story is - If he got done he got done - so what? I think hes post on here is good so it lets other P platers think twice before buying a turbocharged vehicles on there Ps - again, which is what this site and its users are famous for - scoring brownie points - does not make you any better than anyone else.

You talk like you are an angel, yet I guarantee that your car has some sort of Illegal Modification on it - however the difference is if you got shafted you would keep your mouth shut.

And also in regard to that blue S15 - your version is complete bullshit - and nothing like that happened the owner of that car is a good mate of mine and he wouldnt appreciate some tool making up stories of him as an example.

Watch what you say.

Simple end of story is - If he got done he got done - so what? I think hes post on here is good so it lets other P platers think twice before buying a turbocharged vehicles on there Ps - again, which is what this site and its users are famous for - scoring brownie points - does not make you any better than anyone else.

You talk like you are an angel, yet I guarantee that your car has some sort of Illegal Modification on it - however the difference is if you got shafted you would keep your mouth shut.

And also in regard to that blue S15 - your version is complete bullshit - and nothing like that happened the owner of that car is a good mate of mine and he wouldnt appreciate some tool making up stories of him as an example.

Watch what you say.

ilold11.jpg

Verbal ko.

My brother did it when he was 18 like i said, he's now 24 and of course is allowed to do whatever he wants with his car. Yeah i do know the Police patrol the internet, but honestly, they aren't going to use Forum posts as evidence, if they did it would just be so unprofessional, as for 1;

I can log onto a mate's forum account and say "Omg bro uleh i did some hektik 360s in dandenong and these copz tryed catchin me and i was like naaahhhh idiotz and drove off. my car is a wrx dos'ing with 14 psi." - YEAH POLICE WILL f**k A GUYS LIFE UP FOR A FRIEND f**kING AROUND. Once again... Moron.

Secondly, IP Track? ok since when did the police become FBI on a guy chirping in second gear? I'm sure they have better things to worry about like paedophiles or impersonating police (wish i saw u irl to stare u down as i type that).

I bet you yourself have done some "illegal" things at the age of 18, or even 17 like drinking alcohol etc. Give the kid a break. It's pathetic to see people like you acting superior. Instead of going down his throat give him some help.

Oh and in regards to police tracking conversations. The only things i've noticed police to do is go to Cruise events and Snipe out the people there.

There's nothing in the website disclaimer about us making new members feel welcome despite obvious deficiencies in brain cell count. I don't even know where to start with you. It's unprofessional to use forum posts as evidence? WTF kind of defence is that. Your honor, that knife forensic scientists found in the victim's back is severely damaging to my client's case...please discard it from the evidence because a knife is just unprofessional. I think you underestimate what is actually revealed by posts on an internet forum. They always say more than their user intends them to.

Who needs IP tracking? Police can request information from website moderators...your IP has been logged for every post you have made. Do you have a dynamic IP address? LOL, I'm impersonating police am I? I don't want to see you in real life, close proximity to people like you ain't a favourite past time. Also, I'm assuming here, but I'm thinking your staring down would probably be more of a glance up.

Yes, like almost everyone I've done something illegal in my life. The difference between what I've done and what the high powered vehicle P platers have done, is that the latter can land someone in an infinite dollar lawsuit with potential to destroy their life and the lives of others. But you need to familiarise yourself with the law better, because you have it so very wrong. It's illegal for someone under the age of 18 to purchase alcohol, not to consume it. If you are in your own home and your parents have purchased you alcohol...go nuts as far as the law is concerned. So what help do you suggest we give someone who has clearly broken the law? There's no defence for it. I gave him some help. If he listens to what I say he'll never have another high-powered vehicle related trouble again in his life.

Well we've already established that what you've noticed and what actually happens are two very different things, so there's no need for rebuttal here. Oops I just did :D

Watch what you say.

You call it talking shit, I call it law...I guess it can be subjective until reality hits. Did you read my first post? I congratulated him for coming forward and serving himself as a warning to other P platers. You aren't making sense...you're telling me this site is famous for P platers driving high powered vehicles and you're criticising me for criticising said P platers? Righto. Who said i was better than anyone else? Daresay I have more wit about me than a few people on here, particularly within this thread...but better? Not necessarily.

You are welcome to come and inspect my car for an illegal modification as long as you don't damage it in the process. I'll call your bluff...but even if you do find one, atleast it won't void my insurance so obviously like a drivers licence that says "probationary" and a clearly faster than legal vehicle.

My version is complete bullshit? How did you know I was talking about your friend then? Because I wasn't very specific about who it was beyond stating he got rightfully done by the police. I don't care what he appreciates and does not. Doesn't phase me one bit.

LOL apparently I'm an e-thug.

geeeez.... so much hostility

I am not encouraging people to do what im doing.... im just putting in my 2 cents because i seen this post

Tosser bla bla throw all your comments at me mate and it is not going to change a thing... What i do is entirely up to me and i run the risk of losing the license not you.... so i think you should take a less hostile approach when replying to me because i do not appreciate being called a tosser... Keep an open mind and try to see things through a young blokes mind who has just purchased a nice car... Generally speaking... we are YOUNG and DUMB ! and just want to enjoy

As i said i am in love with the car and love driving it.... I have been advised that the police are monitoring this website but again... what are the chances? very slim imo.... I will be taking it out tonight and i will be sure to report back to let you guys know i am still holding my license with all points.

Cheers

i think your missing the point about your insurance not being valid driving the turbo car

crashing the car could be VERY expensive...

a mate of mine had a sc400 which he was driving unlicensed (idiot!) someone hit him but due to the fact that he couldnt drive he had to fork out for his car, the person who hit his car, the light pole he hit, the petrol price sign he hit and the trafic light the other person hit. That 'mistake' is costing him well over 50k

Chibs, losing your licence is a best case scenario in the scheme of shit happening. Why should I be concerned with what you do? Well you are out on the road, driving with other people. We might forget this sometimes but our decisions on the road impact others...if you can't control your vehicle...and the law says you can't...you're putting other peoples lives in danger. I could give a f*** less about your licence or the licence of any other person who wants to drive illegally. What I do care about, is the rest of us who have to share the road with you. Don't take it as a personal attack, if you post something advising someone else to do something illegal you're going to get a bunch of people telling you off for it. We've all been young as some stage...at 23 I still think of myself as a young one...so we have seen it through your eyes...now try to see it through ours / other people, beyond getting your kicks out of driving a fast car.

Yeah that is a fair call mate... driving the car around atm means that insurance wont cover me and if i do happen to have an accident i will be forking out the cash out of my own wallet.

But again.... what are the chances of this happening? very slim.... And i am well aware of the consenquences but still choose to do so... you may call me dumb fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion, But i am in love with the car and will continue to drive it.

Yeah that is a fair call mate... driving the car around atm means that insurance wont cover me and if i do happen to have an accident i will be forking out the cash out of my own wallet.

But again.... what are the chances of this happening? very slim.... And i am well aware of the consenquences but still choose to do so... you may call me dumb fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion, But i am in love with the car and will continue to drive it.

Also means TAC wont cover any costs due to injury etc. You never know with accidents, that's the thing. Anyhow it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over, everyone does eventually and you'll have your ass handed to you on a platter.

But Chibs the accident doesn't even need to be your fault. It can be someone else's recklessness that costs you. It's the same if someone is driving intoxicated...if someone else hits them and they were intoxicated at the time, guess who foots the bill for the accident...

Yeah... i do realise that too and it is scary.... But again i have to say what are the chances of that happening i mean i have another month to go until i obtain my full's and when i drive its not for long and i always abide by the law and do not drive like a f#$$%... I just cant seem to let the car sit idle in the garage something just makes me jump in i am binded.....

Tosser bla bla throw all your comments at me mate and it is not going to change a thing... What i do is entirely up to me and i run the risk of losing the license not you....

Except everyone you are around is running the risk of you plowing your high powered car into someones child. Slim chance? Sure. Chance of it happening ONLY due to your car having more power than you are legally allowed to drive? Even slimmer, probably astronomical.

It's still higher than the allowable level of risk.

so i think you should take a less hostile approach when replying to me because i do not appreciate being called a tosser... ... Generally speaking... we are YOUNG and DUMB !

Yes, you are young and dumb - these rules are put in place by people who are NOT young, and are NOT DUMB.

And when it comes to safety, especially to others', "NOT DUMB" trumps everything else.

Yeah... i do realise that too and it is scary.... But again i have to say what are the chances of that happening i mean i have another month to go until i obtain my full's and when i drive its not for long and i always abide by the law and do not drive like a f#$$%... I just cant seem to let the car sit idle in the garage something just makes me jump in i am binded.....

Well in the end I can't take your keys off you but I've done all I can. I've had a couple of friends on option notices...one got fined for speeding 5km/h over the limit and one got done for talking on a mobile phone...both in their last week of a 12 month option notice. It happens more often than you think. It's not just you taking a risk, it's all of us taking a risk at the same time. Your actions affect others on the road...maybe we don't want to take the same risk you do. Maybe think about the other people who don't have a say in the matter next time you go to drive your car?