SAU Community

Got Done For Turbo

HSV_Killer

Bad luck mate i was going to buy a turbo'd car then i thought it through specially when i seen what the fine can be 3 points and a fine upto $1k then all they need to do you for is speeding or something silly and bam there goes your P's

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mate,

Im not in Vic im in Syd... and i am on my P's and drive around in a R32 GTS-T... it is illegal yes and i am also aware of the consenquences but i just dont give a flying F*** because i am in love with the car ... i have been driving around for 2 months almost everyday and have not been caught (very lucky) i get off my p's next month... will seeing threads like this stop me from driving the car.. No it wont but thats just me....

Little tip ... dont put on the P - Plates when you are getting around in the car because thats just like putting a fat sticker on saying I AM RESTRICTED.....

But since you have been caught already... Keep it garaged until you get your full's thats what i would do...

You also seem pretty lucky to only cop 3 points and $256.... a friend of mine had copped a $1000 fine and lost his license for 6 months... SYD must be more strict

No... P platers are restricted from driving any V8's Supercharged or Turbocharged cars... unless you had made the cut off which i do not know when that was... but i certainly didnt make it

Hey Mate,

Im not in Vic im in Syd... and i am on my P's and drive around in a R32 GTS-T... it is illegal yes and i am also aware of the consenquences but i just dont give a flying F*** because i am in love with the car ... i have been driving around for 2 months almost everyday and have not been caught (very lucky) i get off my p's next month... will seeing threads like this stop me from driving the car.. No it wont but thats just me....

Little tip ... dont put on the P - Plates when you are getting around in the car because thats just like putting a fat sticker on saying I AM RESTRICTED.....

But since you have been caught already... Keep it garaged until you get your full's thats what i would do...

You also seem pretty lucky to only cop 3 points and $256.... a friend of mine had copped a $1000 fine and lost his license for 6 months... SYD must be more strict

you should consider, it's not the fines that stop most people, it's the fact that your insurance will be void. True, it can be void from tiny little things but mostly, they wont find them however, it's kinda hard hide a turbo. Under inspection, it's the first thing they ll notice and bam, they wont pay.

Or you could just take the turbo off, put on a set of extractors and have a low comp RB25DE that goes nowhere...

wouldnt matter

car is still classified as a factory turbo, wether its there or not you will still get done

Hey Mate,

tosser.

great post, even better that your full name is posted right next to it too. should make it nice and easy for the po-po to track your arse down.

i got $236 and 3 points, On VicRoads site it says they can fine up to $1100. However I have read on here people have been let off with warnings. Thing is the car is stock, you see P Platers driving much more high powered skylines as well as other cars that are so obviously not legal.

Live and learn on my part i guess...

And they may get caught, they may not...but the point in it all is that they can and they all take that risk everytime they drive. Plenty of unsolved murders out there too...plenty of em get caught. This time was your time.

Hey Mate,

LOL you twit. Let's get him dicked on both high powered vehicle and no P plates. All it takes is a random breath test or 4km/h over the speed limit and there's his licence gone. Got anymore pearls of wisdom for us? Speed off from the scene of an accident you say? I don't think you are aware of the consequences, but moreso you just think you're impervious to bad luck. But with your full name "Enis Jasarevic" written beneath your username, said badluck may come sooner than you think.

Would it be legal for a P plater driving an R32 GTS4?

Ofcourse it has a turbo... putting out 150kW atw, but it also weighs more that normal GTS-T's.

Would you be allowed to drive that?

Depends how long you have been on your Ps for. If since before July 2007 then you might be able to go by the power to weight ratio, in which case 125kw/tonne is the maximum. If after July 2007...then no turbos, no V8s, no high powered 6s.

Hey Mate,

LOL... yeh... top attitude there.... :( ...SYD must be dumber too...

I can tell you, as a P plater that drove around for 2/3 years in a decently modified turbo Skyline that i got an enormous amount of cop attention- roughly about 25-30 times of run-ins with the cops. (This was when only Power to weight restrictions were in place) and on two occasions I had a policeman pull me over for driving a turbo skyline. I got away with it both times, because as someone mentioned about GTS4's, that they are heavier.... In total over that period, I got 1 minor defect, 1 major, 3 speeding fines (all small ones like 64 in a 60 zone... minor annoying things) probably something like 17 "random" license checks/breathos... and I could never go through a booze bus without being asked where im going..etc... etc... and I honestly drove sensibly, without trying to bring too much attention to myself....

The point I am trying to make here, is that even though I always tried to do the right thing, not dragging and all the "hoon"ish behavior that is so common, I still got lots of unwanted attention, paid the price for it a few times and now the law is even tougher.... AND you have a standard weighted Skyline, so you have no leg to stand on when a cop pulls you over because your breaking the power-to-weight ratio law and the new turbo law...

Would I do it again in this day and age? No way.... all the close calls I had... all the run ins.... I would just cop it and leave that car in the garage and think about investing in a push bike/cheap daily car.

Adam

Oh and Enis.... clearly your mental capacity for adding simple numbers is poor....

This bloke already lost "points" for driving a turbo skyline.... I don't know how many that is... but if it was more then 1, and then he used your "tip" of not displaying P plates, which here is a $200 and something fine + ANOTHER 3 points.... and we only have 5 points per year here for P platers... means he would have lost his license straight out... so no... don't listen to this bloke.

oh yeah... PO PO are going to track me down.... hah alrightey we will see about that one ey

you do know that police officers can, in this case DO read posts on SAU?

All they need is your name, park just up from your house, wait for you to pull out your drive way...bye bye licence.

For the record, the above probally wont happen, but it COULD, you never know :(

Trying to sound like a

"top untastefulwordforawomansreproductiveorgan" wont win the hearts of anyone here on SAU.

Peace.

Hey Mate,

Congratulations. you get pulled over in this scenario, even for something stupid like forgetting to indicate and youre screwed. Because not only do they discover youre a P plater who isnt displaying points - which is also minimum 3 points, by the way - you also get done for the car...and lose your licence completely. This is why we tell you to keep your head down until youre 21. There is no point risking so much for the sake of a couple of years longer wait. Because, also, if you lose your licence thats on your insurance record for the next 5 years and theyll charge you through the teeth for the privelege of covering the thing.

You want to know if there's something you can do? What do you expect to be able to do? You broke the law and got punished for it...that's the end of the story as far as the state of Victoria is concerned.

Hopefully you learn from this lesson and garage the Skyline / buy a more suitable P plater car.

I do want to thank you for coming forward and posting this...it should be stickied to serve as a warning to other people that you can get caught for it...and that this is far from the worst that can happen to you when you do drive illegally.

Moron...

Nearly 75% of the people on this website had a turbo as their first car, and honestly how much of it was legal? My brother had a R32 with a Rb25 engine on his P's when he was 19 (he's like 24 now) - It was registered as a normal R32 engine and if the cops found that they wuld've roflpwned him. I wouldn't blame anyone for getting a turbo in our era . He's 18 and he's old enough to know the risk he took by buying a turbo car, he doesn't want to hear you try to be a E-thug and act all hardcore infront of your online buddies. To think you actually have wannabe coppers on the net these days.

Nonetheless, it's unlucky that you got caught with a turbo, i'm buying a 180sx at the end of the year and i myself will keep that garaged until the weekends. But yeah, get a bunky or something. That's what my bro and i do/will do in my case. By bunky i mean like an old school daily car like a Ke70 or VL/R31 :DD.

Moron...

Nearly 75% of the people on this website had a turbo as their first car.

A) you have been here for just over 2 months and happen to know for a fact that nearly 75% of members on sau had a turbo as their first car?

B) A large number here probally did have a turbo first car, but this probally was before the new laws.

C) Birds has a good point :D

Moron...

Nearly 75% of the people on this website had a turbo as their first car, and honestly how much of it was legal? My brother had a R32 with a Rb25 engine on his P's when he was 19 (he's like 24 now) - It was registered as a normal R32 engine and if the cops found that they wuld've roflpwned him. I wouldn't blame anyone for getting a turbo in our era . He's 18 and he's old enough to know the risk he took by buying a turbo car, he doesn't want to hear you try to be a E-thug and act all hardcore infront of your online buddies. To think you actually have wannabe coppers on the net these days.

Nonetheless, it's unlucky that you got caught with a turbo, i'm buying a 180sx at the end of the year and i myself will keep that garaged until the weekends. But yeah, get a bunky or something. That's what my bro and i do/will do in my case. By bunky i mean like an old school daily car like a Ke70 or VL/R31 :DD.

Hang on...you're calling me a moron for stating the law and cold hard logic of this guys situation? Neither this website, the forums, or SAU Vic for that matter condone driving illegally. You can pull some bullshit statistic out of your ass all you like...your brother and anyone else who drives illegally is stupid for doing so. I'm not here to make friends; probably one of the least liked people on these forums actually and I'm certainly not here to impress anyone. But I do take it upon myself to remind people of laws they may or may not be aware of...it's worth it for the few who do listen and change their minds about taking the risk.

That's the problem, you assume 18 is old enough to know the risk but many of these "adults" aren't aware of the legal implications that stretch beyond the police giving you a fine for driving a high powered vehicle. And yes, there are real police who patrol the internet. You can call them "wannabe" all you like but I suppose you'll be receiving a "wannabe" fine and a "wannabe" licence suspension, along with a "wannabe" impounding and a "wannabe" court case if things really turn to shit. Who's the wannabe now? I support and welcome police monitoring online forums...it's a great way for them to infiltrate circles of idiocy and keep them away from the rest of us. You best believe it happens too; not so long ago some fool bragged on his car club forum about doing burnouts on the way home after getting canaried in his blue S15...police tracked him down via the forum and impounded his car for a long time, using his posts as evidence. Licence split down the middle too.

I love how these P platers' immediate assumption of risk when it comes to driving a high powered vehicle is only the fines they can get for it from the police...

i agree with birds, he def is one of the least liked people here..... :D

lol, but seriously he does more often than not speak clearly and logically. in this case he is right, and you guys mouthing off on a public forum about breaking the law are muppets.