SAU Community

Car Still Missfiring After Change Of Coilpacks

Jay_stylz

hey guys well as the title says car is still misfiring i took it to a mechanic and he said its more than likely the coilpacks well i changed them but the car is doin the exact same thing some mentioned to me it could be my afm they said it may have a crack or something in it? i dunno maybe needs new plugs? any ideas would be much appreciated?

How old are the plugs? Copper or iridium? Did you make sure all the clips were plugged in properly on the coil packs and that none of the pins inside the packs/clips were bent.

What mods do you have?

standard coil packs on a r33 misfiring is very very common, infact, nearly every rb25 and neo i know has had a coil pack problem.It tends to get

worse as the coils get hotter. I had this problem and i bought splitfire

coil packs and the problem went away. So if you replaced your coil packs with standard coil packs again, dont be supprised

to run into the same problem. Solution, try splitfires or yellowjackets..

also make sure u replace your sparkplugs with the right gap.

I hope this helps.

i would look at the plugs as you have to change them sooner or later anyways. then there is a tut on how to clean the AFM also which will be handy!

Then as a last resort i would look at the loom.

Not sure if you changed all the coils, but there is also a tut on how to seal your coils. Its a temp fix but at least you will no what i wrong with your beast

yeh i changed all the coilpacks mods aint much just fmic dual stage boost controll high boost being 11psi low is 7 psi soo nothing really else i really have no idea what it could be it only does it when i give the car a bootfull its not all the time?

This one I don't understand myself he got those coils from me, on my car with 0.8 plugs they are sweet, there's absolutely no cracks in the packs and I have basically similar mods.

PFC

cooler

full exhaust + am cat

panel filter

boost at 11psi

when you reinstalled the bov check to see if it's tightened properly When I did mine I didn't tighten it enough and could hear a leak, tightened it up and sweet again

does it idle ok? i had a bad misfire/idle issue a while ago.. turned out to be a split vac hose. i would check there first before shelling out $$$ for coilpacks

Hey guys, dont wanna start a new thread so thought i'd post here,no offence to the OP.

Anyways, my car was running alright yesterday, but its always had a slight miss at idle, one of my mechanic friends thought one of my spark plugs might hav been loose. Anyways, i have a spare set of ngk iridiums and thought i might as well change them all if i was gonna look at the loose one. Found number 5 was a bit loose so i replaced them all.

Now, i got a friend with an r33 as well, but he's got one of those blitz BOV's that come on the intake pipe, and he's been getting a boost leak for a while, so we thought we could try my pipe on for a bit to see if it actually was the problem, we took that off while i replaced the plugs on my car. ok,so found out his bov was the problem, put the pipe back on my car, checked everythin was on tight and good, and ran it... it ran absolutely sh*t, idle's lumpy and would miss under acceleration. i thought it was the plugs since they are not gapped. it got dark, so i waited till this morning to put my old plugs(that are gapped to 0.8) back in. did that, reset the ecu and went again,,went a bit better, but still had a bad miss.

after work i came back, checked everything i thought would cause a miss,,cleaned the afm, checked for boost leaks, took the intake pipe off and refitted it.. still idles crap.

I have brand new coil packs in my car (yellow jackets) only 2 weeks old, and they ran great. i took the plugs out again, make sure they were clean and all around the chamber was too, put the plugs back in and checked the coil springs were fine and all.

now i've run out of ideas. HEKTIK, which hose did you find to be split?'

sorry for the long post,,im jus out of ideas,,

any help greaty appreciated.

cheers

Ben

anyone...? The car seems to idle fine,,if it hunts, its only minimal. I drove it last night and it runs alright, gets onto full boost, but feels down on power.

I took the plugs out again today, cleaned them and around where they go in. I checked the IC hoses and clamps and they look ok,,

it only really seems to run crap at idle,dunno wats goin on