SAU Community

Worst Night Ever

scotty boi

today i fitted new super spark coilpacks and went to test drive it tonight, yet did i know that my bonnet was going to flip right over the top of my car and smash my roof in so i really badly need a good skyline panel beater in perth. im am one of those people that really love my car but the shit keeps happening to me. im sick and tired of it. ill try to post picks later just to dissapointed at the moment.

today i fitted new super spark coilpacks and went to test drive it tonight, yet did i know that my bonnet was going to flip right over the top of my car and smash my roof in so i really badly need a good skyline panel beater in perth. im am one of those people that really love my car but the shit keeps happening to me. im sick and tired of it. ill try to post picks later just to dissapointed at the moment.

Hey mate, firstly so sorry to hear what happened.

Let me guess, carbon fiber bonnet with no bonnet pins? The classic scenario!

Although I cannot help you with a good Adelaide smash repairer, I can say that try to claim it on insurance where possible as it's going to cost you big time.

Good luck mate.

OUCH1.. nearly ddi exactly the same thing myself last weekend , was doin a hundred when i notcied it wasnt shut properly, luckily i caught it in time, sounds like it could of done some damage,,

As long as i can remember shit kept going wrong with my cars, its called a learning process ( thats what i keep telling myself anyway) a while ago i changed my diff, all seemed good took it took the exhaust shop to get some work done the guy kept telling me something was wobbly when he test drove it, didnt have a clue what he was on about

turns out i got distracted when putting my wheel nuts back on i had tightened them all...but then loosened them for some reason, luckily i caught them with about 3mm of thread left, could have been real ugly

Another time i i couldnt figure out why my car wouldnt start after putting a new engine in..was scratching my head for goin over everything in the engine 3 times , i wanted to take to it with a hammer....Forgot to plug the sensor on the auto shift that tells the car its in park...duh

ok that really sucks i looked at the damage today it just buckled the roof but definatley need a new bonnet. not as bad as i thought, maybe i could just get the roof rolled back to shape it all just bent.

ok that really sucks i looked at the damage today it just buckled the roof but definatley need a new bonnet. not as bad as i thought, maybe i could just get the roof rolled back to shape it all just bent.

Hey mate, look at it this way and it will definitely make you feel much better...you're still alive!!

Now, the bonnet can be replaced...you can always go back to the stock one...if you don't have a stock one, you can pick one up for under $300. Just keep an eye out on ebay, firesport.com or on the classifieds here. You'll find one soon enough.

The roof can be fixed...will cost you about $500 to get it fixed and repainted...so all in all, it will cost you about $1,000 to get it all fixed...I thought your windscreen was destroyed too...but if it is not then it's not that bad!

Post up some pictures if you can!

Sorry to hear about that. Where in Perth did this misfortune occur? Tunnel?

thanks for the help fella's its going in for repairs on monday and its costing 1500 not to bad.

Getting the z tune bonnet sprayed stock colour and getting the dents pulled out. At least the remodel will look a bit sportier was pissed but i have a scooter to travel on now hahaha, nothing compared to the turbo.

Hoony had the same problem. Placed his fibreglass bonnet down, forgot to clip it right down, and being so light it didnt click into the safety latch. Flew up and destroyed his bonnet and dented his roof. He got the roof fixed with a paintless dent remover for less then $1500. Shoot him a PM, he'll give you a number if you want.

the funny thing is i actually checked it was clicked in and was flush with the guards, just think the latch didn't work properly but the guy that i went to his name is lenno purasmen {showgun motorsports}got right onto it for me. Just wondering what you guys think of the z tune bonnet.

Hey mate, firstly so sorry to hear what happened.

Let me guess, carbon fiber bonnet with no bonnet pins? The classic scenario!

Although I cannot help you with a good Adelaide smash repairer, I can say that try to claim it on insurance where possible as it's going to cost you big time.

Good luck mate.

He said perth.

and would insurance cover you for a cf bonnet error?