SAU Community

M35 Key - Wont Lock

Hey,

my key wont lock, it opes fine every time but just the locking button seems a little dicked. i've tried to fix the joints on the button and have a little fiddle but no good..

if i was to buy a used key from yahoo japan, (around 20 bucks) and pull it apart and use the transponder unit program using the steps on here should i be sweioooot??

Hey,

my key wont lock, it opes fine every time but just the locking button seems a little dicked. i've tried to fix the joints on the button and have a little fiddle but no good..

if i was to buy a used key from yahoo japan, (around 20 bucks) and pull it apart and use the transponder unit program using the steps on here should i be sweioooot??

mmmm, maybe , maybe not. There are Key Codes for the transponders that are programed in the Body Control Module that control the security of the car door locks.

You may be able to get it reprogrammed but you need to know the Key code of the transponder, these are usually stamped on an aluminium tab that would be hanging on your key ring.

Cheers

Andy

mmmm, maybe , maybe not. There are Key Codes for the transponders that are programed in the Body Control Module that control the security of the car door locks.

You may be able to get it reprogrammed but you need to know the Key code of the transponder, these are usually stamped on an aluminium tab that would be hanging on your key ring.

Cheers

Andy

really? Oh dear....

I think that Nissan can look them up if you supply your VIN... Well Nissan Japan can.

Aha, after a quick google search (after a read of the dongle thing) it's some autowatch thingo. Will shoot them an email.

Got a pic of the black things Michael?

I have a "black dongle things" with my keys. They are the proximity sensor for the immobiliser that Northshore Prestige installed.

Might be the same as on your car?

Got a pic of the black things Michael?

I have a "black dongle things" with my keys. They are the proximity sensor for the immobiliser that Northshore Prestige installed.

Might be the same as on your car?

I can get one, but I'm at work so can't just yet.

But, it's one of these I think:

http://www.autowatch.com.au/?matrixalarms&global[categoryISbb_content_categoriesID]=32

I assume that's to satisfy aussies requirement for an immobiliser? Personally, I want to get rid of using keys completely and just have my car start via a proximity sensor but that's a project for another day.

That's the one that Northshore fitted to my car...

363PPi

I can get one, but I'm at work so can't just yet.

But, it's one of these I think:

http://www.autowatch.com.au/?matrixalarms&...ategoriesID]=32

I assume that's to satisfy aussies requirement for an immobiliser? Personally, I want to get rid of using keys completely and just have my car start via a proximity sensor but that's a project for another day.

That's the one that Northshore fitted to my car...

363PPi

+2 :down:

Yes, Michael, it is to satisfy the immobiliser requirement.

They do seem to work quite well (if you happen to drop one, make sure the receiver is still in the plastic case before trying to get back in your car...)