SAU Community

Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

She'll be right, he's just a fly in fly out rock star driver now. Bins them, doesn't even have to get his hands dirty fixing them.

Good news is the old 32 is back better than ever, fresh faced, new set of legs, and ready to go! Well, nearly. :D

It's got some of my parts on it to, so some speed may rub off hopefully :) haha

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

weather in may is usually fantastic... chilly nights, fresh mornings, excellent comfortable temps during the day, perfect sunny afternoons and lush greenness everywhere... autumn is the best season!

I agree, it's nice. plus the lawn doesn't grow as fast :laugh:

On top of the above there's usually a light mist in the mornings around EC which more often than not will burn off before 9 but sometimes it hangs around. The cooler over night temps means the landfill doesn't stink as much as usual and the steam rising off it in the morning is just spectacular :)

Love it mate!

Did you guys end up building that 911 Project listed on another forum?

It's still in the build phunky monkey.

I'm in two minds in terms of which way to go bodywork wise on it.

The original plan was 964 RSR bodywork (which we already have). There are photos here of one of the Rauh Welt 964's ...

http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-larger/116431768151138.jpg

http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-larger/116431768083778.jpg

http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-larger/116431768188432.jpg

But I recently saw some more photos of this early car with early 1970's RSR bodywork (the black car on this page) and it's one of the best looking 911's I've ever seen ...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...tml#post2209063

Our car has already had the widebody conversion done in steel, so we can fit either type of bodywork as shown above with a few tweeks to the front and rear.

We can fit an intercooler designed to fit under the bootlid / tail like the one on the Supercharged 911 ...

large752.jpg

I love the Rauh Welt 964's but there is something incredibly cool about the idea of a full on monster with early 1970's RSR bodywork. We also want to do things like including an Aeromotions Dynamic Wing on the car, so we are doing a few renderings to see how the wing would look with early bodywork, but at the moment the early bodywork is the direction I'm leaning in.

We've been flat out with stuff for customers running in Targa Tasmania and Superlap the last few weeks, so we'll make a decision on bodywork and get back into the build after Superlap.

- The Tuners Group

Edited by TheTunersGroup

Unsure Fatz........ and Russell, accom isn't expensive out there? we have share accom.

I was thinking more of entry fee plus fuel, tyres, fluids, brakes etc. I think 6 x 15min sessions at superlap will give me enough of a chance to have a good crack at it. Not really worth the extra day for me.

Are you staying at the chifley as well?

It's still in the build phunky monkey.

I'm in two minds in terms of which way to go bodywork wise on it.

The original plan was 964 RSR bodywork (which we already have). There are photos here of one of the Rauh Welt 964's ...

I love the Rauh Welt 964's but there is something incredibly cool about the idea of a full on monster with early 1970's RSR bodywork. We also want to do things like including an Aeromotions Dynamic Wing on the car, so we are doing a few renderings to see how the wing would look with early bodywork, but at the moment the early bodywork is the direction I'm leaning in.

We've been flat out with stuff for customers running in Targa Tasmania and Superlap the last few weeks, so we'll make a decision on bodywork and get back into the build after Superlap.

- The Tuners Group

I'd go the early bodywork for sure. I love 964's, but there is nothing cooler than '73/'74 RS/RSR's! Will be very interested to see how the project truns out as I'm a massive 911 fan.

large1769.jpg

Hi all,

A new article is now on the WTAC website about Mark Berry's R34 which we sponsor. The article is titled "Advan/Hi Octane GT-R now a “bullet!”" :merli:

The article is here ... http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/?p=3283

Just 21 sleeps til WTAC :(

- The Tuners Group

Edited by TheTunersGroup

Up until 2hrs ago i was officially finishing up my project on the 15th May. As I long suspected it has been extended so now know for certain that I cant even attend. Probably for the best, spectating whilst awesome would have just driven me crazy for A) not driving and B) owning a POS compromised road-track car :cool:

How are these two days going to be like, I mean how close can a spectator get to the action? Can he de around the pits or is bozman going to have a big cry about that too like he did in the first superlap?

Um please explain, as it sounds as though you are a little delirious and confused :(

backyard! curse you auto spell check.

Um please explain, as it sounds as though you are a little delirious and confused

Not confused at all, I was also at that circuit club event when that frenchy car rolled on its roof at wakefield ahah you went off lol, poor guy after the accident he looked like he was on death row.

backyard! curse you auto spell check.

Not confused at all, I was also at that circuit club event when that frenchy car rolled on its roof at wakefield ahah you went off lol, poor guy after the accident he looked like he was on death row.

Thanks for clarifying, but obviously you have little experience if you think I went off :P

You say things on a public forum, so let me just explain to people what you are trying to talk about.

What you are talking about was a track day and not Superlap.

From an instructors point of view, I hate inexperienced people taking people for for laps around a track. When a huge mistake like that is made by the driver, it could have easliy had 2 people in hospital. As I was the first person on the scene to the incident, to my amazement his whole life was still in the car ie lunch, washing, cd's, 2 people hanging upside down and whatever else. Actually the scene was spread over a 10 metre radius.

As I was not involved in organising the day and only employed as an instructor, I saw a number of things that I wanted to address considering I was being put in the passenger seat of the drivers and asked to try and help them.

If you were standing on my side of the fence, I can't see what I did as the wrong thing to do. I thought how the organisers were running the day was wrong, hence I no longer choose to instruct at there days.

So you stated I had a big cry at Superlap LOL as if. Why would I, because in 2008 I was doing big slides in Elias' S2000 and Penlingtons ZED and having the time of my life.

Back to Superlap now :)

Edited by Bozman1