Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'll be coming in for a look on friday afternoon, i'll have to catch up with some people while i'm there

Oh awesome!! If you dont see me out and about..please come say hi up in the control tower..Ring me if you have any problems!

I know....Counting down the days

Basically all next week is going to be SUPERLAP WEEK.....EPIC I think YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::(:)

Yeah, i don't think i'll get much done at work next week! Going to be buggered from the flight, but i'm sure the cars will make up for it. :D

Yeah, I'm not even remotely excited!

Big news too everyone, Mark Berry's lovely wife Fi is having twins today.... :( MArk's pumped, lil boy and lil girl. Good package deal I reckon :(

Yeah, I'm not even remotely excited!

Big news too everyone, Mark Berry's lovely wife Fi is having twins today.... :( MArk's pumped, lil boy and lil girl. Good package deal I reckon :(

Wow, i can only imagine how hectic his life must be at the moment. Haha. Must be a very understanding wife!

Will there be timing on Friday?

How about some predictions for Pro, Open & Clubsprint times (probably already covered earlier...)

Pro - 1:34??

Open - 1:39??

Club - 1:44??

Anyone....??

^^ I reckon that is a good starting point for lap times. Are you talking about the fastest car in each class with those times?

There are alot of street registered cars with plenty of mumbo, they could get down to a 1:44 in Club class.

Sub 1:40 should be achievable in Open class and I think we may even see a 1:30 in Pro class

Perhaps the Club class goal of 1:44 is too low?

I've done a 1:49 there on semi's with 190rwk's in my Silvia so maybe 1:48 is more realistic? I don't know what type of power and mods the best of the club class cars have?

Any ideas on who might be at the top in Club class? Any specs or details on the favourite in Club Class?

Only time will tell......

i'm with marlin. if track is good 1:32 will win pro. if tracks off it could be as 'slow' as a 1:34. so maybe middle ground of a 33 will be on the money. eastern creek does vary a bit depending on track condition.

open class maybe 1:36 to win on a good day 1:38 on a slow day.

club is an interesting one. I'm not really sure but I'd guess the top guys will be in the low 40s. maybe a dead 40 or 41 will do it.

Perhaps the Club class goal of 1:44 is too low?

I've done a 1:49 there on semi's with 190rwk's in my Silvia so maybe 1:48 is more realistic? I don't know what type of power and mods the best of the club class cars have?

Any ideas on who might be at the top in Club class? Any specs or details on the favourite in Club Class?

Only time will tell......

1:44's is pretty close to the mark for clubsprint (perhaps +/- a second or so) i would say

Most of the international guys would have to be here by now. Has anyone seen them out on track?

im curious as to how the visitors go about getting the cars around and stuff while over here?? do they organise it, grab a yellow pages and find a tilt tray... or does the event organiser take care of them and organise everything they need??

where are the cars kept?? at the track?? at their hotel?? at the event coordinators house/workshop etc??

im just wondering if theres 10 full blown time attack cars sitting in a hotel carpark somewhere... that would be a fantastic sight.

lol, Ian from hi octane is helping the OS guys with organising transport etc for them. as for where the cars are at any given moment I don't think that knowledge would want to be made public as sadly there are people out there who would see it as an opportunity for theft or vandalism either of which would be devastating to the event and peoples image of our country.