SAU Community

Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

Not sure if natsoft will upload quick enough through out the day..But will talk to Timing about this

Pretty sure there will be updates on the Superlap website throughout the day...But if not will also chat to the guys about this..

This thread is moving too quickly now.

In relation to the updates, even if it is via email to a central list it would be great. Agree with the natsoft as think it will be too late.

Matt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is moving too quickly now.

In relation to the updates, even if it is via email to a central list it would be great. Agree with the natsoft as think it will be too late.

Matt

There will be updates through Friday & Saturday on the superlap website Superlap - Click Me!!

Natsoft results will hopefully be up each night..

Monday A few showers.

City: Min: 12 Max: 21

West: Min: 5 Max: 21

Tuesday Chance showers.

City: Min: 13 Max: 21

West: Min: 7 Max: 21

Wednesday Chance shower or two

City: Min: 13 Max: 21

West: Min: 7 Max: 22

Next weeks forecast.....so far!!

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml reads ...

"Thursday Mostly fine

City: Min: 14 Max: 22

West: Min: 8 Max: 22

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:30 am EST Friday"

- The Tuners Group

Edited by TheTunersGroup

I assume, perhaps wrongly that whilst there are no doubt going to be great drivers punting very fast cars, I assumed that the drivers would be a 1 second gap to a professional driver, so that is another reason why i think they will be a tad slower then the V8 Supercars. Will be great if i was wrong though!

Have you seen David Empringham's page for example at http://www.wynns.net/wpcd_empringham.aspx ? ...

DAVID EMPRINGHAM

Currently driving for: Sierra Sierra Enterprises

in Redline Time Attack series in the USA

BRIEF DRIVING HISTORY HIGHLIGHTS

2009: Buttonwillow Superlap / Time Attack - 1st Place Overall

2007: Grand Am - Daytona Koni Challenge - 1st Place

2005: Grand Am Koni Champion

2003: Daytona 24 HR - DP - 1st Place and Pole Position

2002: Grand Am Cup Champion

1996: Firestone Indy Lights Champion

1994: Toyota Atlantic Champion

1993: Toyota Atlantic Champion

Now put a driver with experience like that into a car like this ...

sierra-sierra.32.jpg

... then add to that the cars from Japan and their drivers, and the Australian cars and drivers, and the other US cars and US drivers, and you can get an indication of how fast this event is going to be and what a challenge it is going to be.

There are going to be a lot of very fast drivers in very fast cars.

- The Tuners Group

Edited by TheTunersGroup

Sure he may have been quick in a single seater. He sat in the middle of the car so there was no way of getting confused. But he is sitting on the wrong side of the Lancer for starters :(

no matter how good the o/s drivers are, a day or 2 practice at EC will be a second, and 5-10 years practice at EC is another second. As I said earlier I am really surprised they are not out practicing all the time given the amount of money invested in the cars and getting them here.

the interesting thing about this year is we know or can make good educated guessesabout how quick the local cars will go because they have lots of recorded lap times to check.....

it's already on the superlap site

article_bsm2.jpg

i'm not sure if the splitter is big enough

Is it the same car? The colour makes me want to ask if it is in any part Geoff Fears old GTR (What happened to that anyway?)

thanks guy's, the car looks awesome!! we are just trying to set a high std so the internationals dont think we are hillbilly's :(:banana::banana:

dave

BSM

yeah it looks great mate. I hope it's going really well. unfortunately they will definitely think we are hill billys anyway, I mean compare eastern creek to fuji speedway.... :( our tracks look like they were built on farm land next to garbage tips... wait a minute, they were..... still they won't be laughing too much as you round them up under brakes at turn 2.... :cool:

yeah it looks great mate. I hope it's going really well. unfortunately they will definitely think we are hill billys anyway, I mean compare eastern creek to fuji speedway.... :( our tracks look like they were built on farm land next to garbage tips... wait a minute, they were..... still they won't be laughing too much as you round them up under brakes at turn 2.... :banana:

It could be at wakefield...or god forbid ipswich....