Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hehe, good to read you are knocking on the door of 49s. The easiest place to make time is obviouly turn 1, but also turn 10 and 11. Straight line it, use plenty of kerb and try not to brake a lot for turn 10, rather wash off speed in turn 10 rather then before it, turn in late and really straight line your braking for turn in to 11. Lots of good time to be made through there and its quicker then you think....but as always, baby steps, the concrete is closer then you think and i have seen cars go in :)

Those watching and epecially those competing...you all SUCK! :D

Cant wait to get out there tomorrow.

There are some crazy times being done by a lot of cars, Civic's in the 41's, 180SX in the 41's plus all the hi-po cars we expected.

Hope ALL the cars get their stuff sorted - it's going to make for some awesome viewing.

There was so many close calls on turn 1, white WRX lost it, gold crapadoor ute lost it(leaf springs puff when will people learn) spun the car back close to the left side concrete wall and somehow managed to miss it, red evo had almost the passengers side rear tire in the air.

And the s15 that lost it past turn 9

Having a blast!

Car's I am driving.

S2000 is getting faster. Hopefully do sub 40's tomorrow.

Lotus is having a couple of little issues. On the Dyno as we speak, and hopefully do sub 40's also.

Honda Civic did a 42.0 which is great for a fwd na.

Benny's Civic is Supercharged and did a 41.2 which is also awesome for a front driver.

Pulse Evo is an 8 with over 400kw atw, good diffs, tyres, light and a top steerer :)

Edited by Bozman1

Great job everyone!

Good to see such a high level of performance cars there!

Best of luck tomorrow for all drivers and teams!

Hopefully this rain holds off for a couple more quick times..

Ill see you all tomorrow

heres a few shots from today... took 250 of them.. so theres many more to go through.

panspeed2.jpg

cusco1.jpg

panspeed1.jpg

panspeed4.jpg

and finally

hioctane1.jpg

Holy shit mate you must have been right next to the group of SAU guys at one part of the day at the last corner haha. Did you see the silver commodore near the coke stand? There was a group of us there basically all day

Had a great day, great viewing and good company.

Sooo many top notch entries. All the internationals are something else.

Unfortunately even on a good day we are 3sec away from them.

Good luck to Mark and Russ getting the 34 sorted, RIP to the 32 :)

Turn 12 is were its at boys and girls, be there!

gold crapadoor ute lost it(leaf springs puff when will people learn)... The ute actually is irs junior and runs coil springs. Wasnt doin too bad and wasnt the slowest car today. Not my car though just thought id clear that up for ya ;-)

sure, should do some investigation before, thanks for pointing that out.

The easiest place to make time is obviouly turn 1, but also turn 10 and 11. Straight line it, use plenty of kerb and try not to brake a lot for turn 10, rather wash off speed in turn 10 rather then before it, turn in late and really straight line your braking for turn in to 11. Lots of good time to be made through there and its quicker then you think....but as always, baby steps, the concrete is closer then you think and i have seen cars go in :)

Troy,,,who died and made you the expert. You forgot about the correct turn into 2 which sets up 3 so you carry great speed down the hill to 4 which sets the car up for 5 which is flat stick. enough help from me.

Go the Rotary's in the top 5,,,very cool.

Stuarts doing great,,,15th,,,I'll bet he''s happy so far.

Neil.

Unfortunately even on a good day we are 3sec away from them.

If you are talking Australians, not that far away. Luffy in the Lotus is up there doing 1.33's

If you are talking about Australians in Jap cars, then yes

I'm so glad I came from Adelaide for this, having so much fun. Was good hanging out with some well known gtr guys. Can't wait for tomorrow.

David (beer baron) I'll post up the pick with u and Tarzan Sunday night when I'm back in adelaide.

Cheers.

Troy,,,who died and made you the expert. You forgot about the correct turn into 2 which sets up 3 so you carry great speed down the hill to 4 which sets the car up for 5 which is flat stick. enough help from me.

Settle down! Nobody has died, and nobody has made me the expert. My quickest lap around there in my car is a 1:56!. :D: What i do know is that i have driven Russ's car, i know he is a good punter and i know where i found time in my car, a very similar car to his. Its only advice. Fark man! :) Turn 2 is a slow turn and you dont make time there, you can only lose it by trying to make it! :D

How about turn 1, then turn 2, 3 is pretty important that leads you into 4 which sets you up for 5 then have to get brakign sorted for 6 as that dicates your exit and then you have to think about turning for 8, which means the sooner you wind off lock then you can get back on the power for the brief blip up to 9, then 10 leads into 11 then 12...get that all right and you shoudl be close to quick! :)

Holy shit mate you must have been right next to the group of SAU guys at one part of the day at the last corner haha. Did you see the silver commodore near the coke stand? There was a group of us there basically all day

yep... i was sitting right next to you guys on a picnic blanket, until there was movement, then i ran down to the fence.... heck, i even came and asked you's about the barbecue tomoz to make sure i had sorted somewhere dry to be in the morning :) haha... spose i should have introduced maself... but thats just lame...