Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right there is too much car for me to drive :)

Roy the one you are interested in only has about half the power of this one!

You also need to be a contortionist to get in and out of the car

They turned the boost up for that run too as it had new tyres.

Glad it forced the leading cars to turn their wicks up too, so we could see their true potential and their absolute awesomeness.

im loving the new style wing mounts. off the back bumper then up and out. ive seen a few cars on speed hunters using them.

well areo works but it seems most aussie people profer a million horse power before putting a wing on. Thats not in anyway directed towards people at SL more so drawing from my own circuit experiences.

that's incorrect the head did have larger valves and was provided by notars racing and the car actually made more power than it ever has just an FYI

Errr, those times were done with what tires? are we comparing apples with oranges? Mark Skaife did what Qualifying with super soft compounds??

Cyber evo had an issue with the head on friday, they used a standard head with what im been told standard valves but with cams and gears and was down 120hp'ish or more.

Even so Tarzan wanted to crack sub 1.30 but the rear wing came off.

Wasn't donut king ex v8 supercar?

If those cars are so fast then superlap should send an invitation for next years.

Just got home. Amazing event. Seeing these iconic cars up close, then at full blast is still etched in my brain.

Was going through my vids, and i noticed something interesting. During the final open class session, i went to turn 12, to film, and the Cyber Evo, Cusco/Tomei WRX, Sierra Sierra Evo and Panspeed RX7 took a wide, slingshot line through the final turn, whereas the BSM GTR and Hi-Octane GTR clipped the apex (didn't capture the others).

I may have skimmed a few posts, so not sure if this has been mentioned already or not..

I'm inspired. I'll check with the bank tomorrow to see if i can build me a Panspeed RX7 replica! :)

that's incorrect the head did have larger valves and was provided by notars racing and the car actually made more power than it ever has just an FYI

Interesting, i also heard is it was down ~120hp due to a standard head. Got that from one of the top competitors as well...

I love how i now have about the slowest GTSt getting around! You will need a 20G, Plazmaman plenum and E85 for next year. Usable 275rwkws would be nice! :P Shoudl have racked soem fresh tyres for the last session :P

Next year I'm hoping for for a usable 300kw's and some more rubber. I could really used some of the 265 goodness outside the top team garages :)

I'm still shaking from ODing on Wicked energy drinks :-)

Those drinks were out of control! Too many of them for sure.

I don't know what issues you two have between eachother nor do I care but I do want to clear up the original head gasket failed due to the head stud between 4 & 5 pulling from the block. The fellow on the Nitto stand, Andrew I think it was, was most helpful in tracking down our requirement.

So what are you on about champ?

Stevo has lately enjoyed putting the slipper into Nitto...I said he should take the oportunity to visit the Nitto stand as Andrew and Jim would have been keen to discuss any issues he may have had/seen with the product line. Steve-o then infoms me he was not attending Superlap...but actually does go on both days and doesn't bother to take the initiative to possibly further his knowledge.

bit strange?

was good to see the Berry car using the Nitto h/g as i have been most impressed with the quality of the product and most particular their headgaskets. I said some time ago on another thread that these h/g's were in my opinion the best money could buy. Paul (Superjet760) had all sorts of issues with his 30/26 blowing headgaskets...since he switched to Nitto they have not has 1 issue.

That is actually what im "on about"

Edited by Swiper the Fox

I dont want it to turn into a he said she said deal, but I can 100% tell you the head was not stock and also stood there as the translator for the team told Marty that the where interested in buying the head due to the car making more power. So big points to the Notaras team for showing the japs the way.

Interesting, i also heard is it was down ~120hp due to a standard head. Got that from one of the top competitors as well...