SAU Community

Chapman & Chapman Automotive Excellence.

pentae

I go past the place on my way to work everyday - is the highlight of my trip into town.

He must be doing something right as he always seems to have super cars in there.

Maybe you can tell us about your experiences with them?

Are they cheap?

Can they tune Apexi or prefer other brands?

Let us know.

yar, ive been taking the skyline there since i got it

used to drive down deshon street every day on the way to work and always saw nice cars there, so thought id give them a go

to be honest, im not 100 percent satisfied with them, but its only been minor things (took over a day to get a service, leaving me without my car for a nite when i needed it, after they told me it would be ready @ 3 in the arvo, car not washed, had terminals only resting on the battery and had to get them reattached, but not sure if that was C & C or northfield)

id be prepared to try somewhere else in brisbane, but no one was able to recommend any where else decent and im not about to drive down the gold coast to get my car serviced

yar, ive been taking the skyline there since i got it

used to drive down deshon street every day on the way to work and always saw nice cars there, so thought id give them a go

to be honest, im not 100 percent satisfied with them, but its only been minor things (took over a day to get a service, leaving me without my car for a nite when i needed it, after they told me it would be ready @ 3 in the arvo, car not washed, had terminals only resting on the battery and had to get them reattached, but not sure if that was C & C or northfield)

id be prepared to try somewhere else in brisbane, but no one was able to recommend any where else decent and im not about to drive down the gold coast to get my car serviced

I reckon it was Northfield for some of those issues, I have had cars go to C7C before but not for services, just for getting work done.

Otherwise I go to Charlie's Motors, or Peninsula Mechanical for general work and services, mainly cause the owner is a mate and the car gets cheap tuning and runs on the Redcliffe Dyno.

I have not ever heard or experienced anything bad from C&C compared to quite a few other "performance" places in Brisbane, must just be the suburbs of Morningside/Comslie or Aspley...

yer, it could have been northfield coz i had a fair bit of car stereo work done at the same time as well

we talked to both mobs about it and both denied that they left the terminals unattached

just the service was after northfield . . . .

then again, if they didnt need to touch the battery for the service, it would have been northfield

anyway, as i said, they have only been minor complaints, just when i fork out substantial dollars i expect them to go to the extra yards;

the work they have done on the car has been good (only services, major and minor) and their receptionist is extremely nice and remembers our car which is always nice@!

All around they are very good, quite exclusive and incredibly busy-always booked out.

My only gripe is that they are a little precious-for example if your car is there overnight for a few days they generally dont keep you updated on the cars situation until its fixed, all done and ready to go.

The logic behind this is they get more work done and dont spend all day on the phone to customers.. pretty good guys, but I'm assuming you dont get too much special attention unless you drive in with a Ferrari or AMG.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i've been goinng there for a while now and simon or andrew chapman have always given me the best work.

If i have any noises they have sorted them out in no time at all and ara always happy if i have asmall problem to drop in for a minute and have a quik look.They have fitted my brand new hks 30/40 twin ball bearingturbo in

intercooler fabricated agreat air box with clear perspex top,fabricated the manifold and plenum to perfection then the last things i had done where injectors cam fuel pump to just about top it off my apexi pfc. they also fitted my new saas seats with mod plate and all. And i tell u its tuned to perfection. I tell you when that turbo spools up f##k you hang on.Yet to take it down the strip as most of the works just been finished plus i'm waiting for some 18" racinghart cr so i can run some biggsr feet on the rear. its been a good experience for me.

• 2 weeks later...
My car got "Road worthied" there.. HA.. that's a joke.

Wasn't even road worthy. That's my experience.

You tool. Your car didn't get a roady there, I heard it had a mechanical inspection there at your request! Don't dis people who don't deserve it.

You tool. Your car didn't get a roady there, I heard it had a mechanical inspection there at your request! Don't dis people who don't deserve it.

Sorry for being a tool, I meant an "inspection". Must be that clumsy female in me eh?

My car didn't get a road worthy at all.. Dodgy one if anything. And if you want to dispute this, how about you finally issue me with the "safety certificate" that was apparently done?

I know who you are...

Most road "safety" certs are just that...not safe.

You get what you ask for, so you must have asked for a dodgy one, thus you are dodgy and YOU are taking the risk Nizmogirl...

I am sure some of us HAVE done a dodgy one, especially when transferring to a mate who KNOWS what they are getting but still want the rego...

So if your gonna throw stones, you should ensure that your glass house is unbreakable...

It was when we were buying our skyline from a caryard.

It was taken to C&C for an inspection, which revealed that basically everything was ok bar a few minor issues (such as no blue plate for the seats, had been in an accident but repaired correctly etc). We never asked to dodgy it up, thats just stupid. We were buying from a car yard, why would we want to disadvantage ourselves?

No real issues with C&C, although whoever did do the safety/RWC etc never passed a copy along to us.

Whatever, its all old news now. We paid the dollars to get the problems that appeared soon after fixed, now its all solved. No point whinging on teh intarweb over it, we just wont be using that caryard again.

I guess the plus side is we found a great mechanic, even if he is on the coast :D But yeah, I aint dissing noone. C&C did what they were meant to do, I doubt the problems we had later would have shown up on a normal inspection (unless it was roadtested, in which case it SHOULD have shown up... Do they road test during these inspections?) so I got no beef with C&C. And no beef with the caryard anymore either, its old news.

Hey Krawler I did not KNOW that you were buying it from a yard.

In that case I would have gotten an inspection done BESIDES the safety certificate. Alot of the time it will NOT show up problems that you will find later...

Oh and of the case of road test, they are required to perform the brake and hand brake test...

It was when we were buying our skyline from a caryard.

It was taken to C&C for an inspection

Hey Krawler I did not KNOW that you were buying it from a yard.

In that case I would have gotten an inspection done BESIDES the safety certificate.

Err, we did?

Im closing this thread, and heres the final word.

NismoGirl - you have slandered Chapman and Chapman for doing a dodgy roadworthy on your car. You know this is absolutely wrong.

You had them do a pre purchase inspection on the car, which you were happy with, and subsequently purchased.

You purchased a car from a dealer, without a safety certificate. You chose to buy the car, and drive out of there without a safety certificate. That was your choice, you can't blame anyone else for that.

You made all the choices of your own free will in this situation, you have noone to blame but yourself, so don't take it out on others.

The dealer needs a safety cert to transfer the rego into your name, so at the very least, it has had one written out.

Andrew - depends on who's doing the test, how thoroughly you want it inspected, and what you want inspected, theres no standard inspection.