SAU Community

V35 Skyline

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have'nt herd of them in oz yet, in the us their sold as infinity something, dont know if they have been put on the import list yet though!!

infintiy g35

there was 1 / a few getting around adelaide a few months back, actually quite a while ago now.

i'd be willing to bet a lot of money that the price will be a lot more than $100k. This car is going to be a monster, and hopefully a 911 Turbo beater. It will $150K minimum, prob more $170 - 180K i reckon.

A brand spankers E46 BMW M3 is about $156K, and 911 Turbo $310K. If Nissan can make it equal or better than a 911 Turbo and sell it for mid to high $100K's, it would be hard to say that it's not going to do well.

cheers.

I'll throw another hammer into the works.

A friend of mine owns a Nissan Dealership in Melbourne. I placed an order for the expected GTR late last year for an expected late 2004/early 05 delivery, it was either the GTR or the AMV8 (looks like the AMV8 if Carlos has anything to with it). Since my initital order he's informed me of updates along the way... they are as follows, so please as I do "take em with a grain of salt"

1. Early this year Nissan Australia, visited Nissan Japan to discuss engine/model options for AU.

2. Expected price is $130~

3. Was told that around June - Oct 2004 the V35 coupe will be here at a cost of $70K, a the GTR will follow.

4. As I understand by rumour only, the GTR will be 3.3 twin turbo.

Again guys, this is only a rumour at this stage, & even though he owns the dealership, as he said "sometime Head Office keep us in the dark as not to effect sales of current stocks"

Rumours state that the new GT-R's will be locally available in AUS..

Which means that if you find a Japan version that is fully modded that is a fraction of the price, under current laws you wouldn't be able to import it.

Rumours state that the new GT-R's will be locally available in AUS..

Which means that if you find a Japan version that is fully modded that is a fraction of the price, under current laws you wouldn't be able to import it.

I wouldnt pay 100k for a car..

even if i had the money, i would just buy 2 r33 gtrs :(

but i've heard at a car show that its gunna be out in 2007 :worship: and else were like use have heard in 2004.. ?

nuthing beats the rb26dett.. its the best engine ever made.. sounds awsome and goes like a rocket :worship:

i'd put a rb26 in the new skyline :D although they dont look that good..

i like the R33 and R34 series.. :)

i've heard it might be coming loacl in aus.. not to sure,

i can put money on it . there is no engine that is better then the RB26DETT and never will be. its just impossible to master mise that engine over again!

Dude, I love skylines too (that's why I own one) but have you been regurgitating your reality pills again?

See this is the problem.

Everyone bags nissan for not importing skylines new, but no-one is willing to pay the price for a new car of that callibre.

Nissan got burned badly with the R32 GTRs they bought in, took them 3 years to clear the stock.

Lets just stick with our 2nd hand jap imports that we can all afford :)|

See this is the problem.

Everyone bags nissan for not importing skylines new, but no-one is willing to pay the price for a new car of that callibre.

Nissan got burned badly with the R32 GTRs they bought in, took them 3 years to clear the stock.

Lets just stick with our 2nd hand jap imports that we can all afford :)|

Good call man.

$130K for what will be a twin turbo monster?? That is an absolute BARGAIN! Who will pay that much?? Lots of ppl!! There have been record sales for new cars the last few years. The market is very strong. Just think how many 5 series, 330's, E class's, X5's, Boxsters, 911's, 7's, S Class's, All $100K+ cars.

Back when the 32 came here, i don't think Australia was doing anywhere near as good as it is now. And with things world wide starting to pick up, if the 35 GTR can make it here with a 911 Turbo toppler for ONLY $130K... trust me the word will quickly spread, i cannot not see it doing badly.

just my 2 cents.

cheers.

yeah im with ss8gohan, if its a porsche beater, and along the lines of the r32/33/34 gtr's simply stunning looks theres no reason on paper it could not go bad selling these locally, i remember a few months ago a skyline r34 gtr was being sold through japan auctions for over 100KAUS, thats for a 34, if 130K is for a porsche beater 3.3L TT (way better, for the name of the brand, way better option than the v8) than theres no reason it is a bad pricetag.. its even a great pricetag.. i dont know this carlos dude, but i dont like him..

Rick

Not to mention when the R32 GTR came out everybody was still getting over the shell shock of paying over $100k for a Datsun.

$100k for a Datson. priceless, one thing i think we've all forgotten is that this car is still in the process of being finished, someone post up the final blueprints to prove me wrong, here we are debating over the price and the specs of a car that most of us will not be buying for a long time! someone will buy these cars from the dealer then at some point they will become second hand and theres our chance, all good things come to those who wait or how else would we have the cars we have..

$130K for what will be a twin turbo monster?? That is an absolute BARGAIN! Who will pay that much?? Lots of ppl!! There have been record sales for new cars the last few years. The market is very strong. Just think how many 5 series, 330's, E class's, X5's, Boxsters, 911's, 7's, S Class's, All $100K+ cars.  

Back when the 32 came here, i don't think Australia was doing anywhere near as good as it is now. And with things world wide starting to pick up, if the 35 GTR can make it here with a 911 Turbo toppler for ONLY $130K... trust me the word will quickly spread, i cannot not see it doing badly.  

just my 2 cents.  

cheers.

ur comparing japanese cars with euro cars IMO most ppl will go for a euro over a jap

and to be honest so would i

if i could affort an M3 or a C36 AMG i would take either over any japanese car

i have been brought up around mercs, bmws, jags and ferraris so i have a perferance towards euros

IMHO u cant compare a jap car to a euro in anything apart from performance

2 totally different leauges as i see it

just my 2c

*gets ready to be flamed*