SAU Community

Help Needed

lybylyby

hi guys, i had some trouble on this forum and plz give me ur opinions.

I had a treat up about half year ago, saying i found some cheap and nice bodykits, and i posted it in the group buy section. I originally wanted 1 set for my own R34, but because the shipping for 1 kit is insanely expensive. So i ended up with an idea of doing it as a group buy, so i can get cheaper shipping for the kit. I had about 6-7 people asking for kits and told me which kit they want. I didnt ask for any deposit, which i was silly and i should've asked, now those kits are here and sitting in my storage for quite a long time. (because none of the orderer showed up or even replied me when the kits were here and i pm them.)

Then i posted another treat to address this issue in the For Sale (private), trying to get all these kits going, because my storage isnt for bodykits, i have loads of other goods to store for my own business, these kits have taken most of the spaces in my storage. Then a admin guy pm me, that i can not sell on SAU because it's a business. I clearly stated that this is not a business, and i said my next container is coming very soon, which contains loads of my actual goods, and i will have big trouble storage them if the kits are still there. Then the admin guys kind of meant that im telling lies, and i will not be even allowed to pay and trade on SAU, and he is going to ban my acc if i register again. He doesnt understand about my business, he thinks im selling bodykits as a business.

I had a few pms from members wanting the kits, and i was happy that i can finally get rid off these big fellows. (I was selling them at non-profit price). Then my treat got closed and i got told that i can not sell on SAU, or even i pay as a business seller.

Now, i am really upset about this, im not saying that protecting this site from people using it as a business trading tool is wrong, but i just want to know if this is fair for me after i clearly stated that this is not a business, and i am not lying anyway.

Plz give me ur opinions, or if you think im completely out of my mind, just ignore me and i will leave forum, because i dont feel comfortable here and it is not a fair site.

Why did you post this in the SA section?

PM a global SAU mod. What can we do to help?

because they will ban me if i do it.

I just wanted to know what do you people think, so i know at least that not everyone is against me for this.

Well if you've got alot of something and it's all brand new, I guess they could count it as a trader?

no they cant. I only have 10, not a lot, and i told them the situation i was in.

They are just saying im telling lies, not the amount i've got.

cries...

Hmmm, i'm not sure what you posting in here is achieving, but:

1. Its called a "thread",

2. You haven't mentioned what you are selling, maybe someone will want it if you are posting here,

3. Maybe putting one of them at a time in the "for sale" section, or organising another "group buy" will help to get rid of them.....

there shouldnt be any doubt in the "trust" of the SAU trading system, i trust it because dodgy people are kept out of trading, if that means a couple legit people are wrongly done by then so be it. however, i do think you should be able to prove your case, but what are you gonna do? take them to court? as soon as Andrew gets his hands on this thread its goneskies, so make it worth your while now while you still can.

I agree Dean, and this poor fellow shouldn't be punished either but thats just the way the cookie crumble's because of a lot of dodgy traders in the past have ruined it for others

I also do see why the trader admin has banned you from trading because of you importing other stuff in containers so they cant be sure that your not a business

Terry, this didn't happen 6 mths ago, more like 18 mths ago and you were threatened with a life ban for good reason.

In Beer Baron's exact words...."decided to spam some web get rich quick scheme".

You're not divulging the whole story I'm afraid.

This issue was discussed amongst other Mods & Admins at the time and the decision was unanimous and final.

If you have an issue with Beer Baron or feel you were unjustly treated, then by all means PM him or another Admin with your grievances.

Trying to drum up support or advocacy by these means will only see you with a further warning.........sorry.

Thread Locked.

There are always 2 sides to every story .... I don't disbelieve you, but let me assure you this kind of thing has been tried by many people before who have done the wrong thing, so it is very hard for mods to ascertain whether or not you are on the level, especially since quite a few things don't add up.

Firstly, where is the post where you advertised this group buy? I can see all current and deleted threads, so there MUST be proof.

Why didn't you collect full payment or at least deposits? This must be the first group buy ever where the organiser or a group buy, who is not making any profit has footed the entire bill for a shipment of goods. You may be too trusting I fear and it would seem you have been burnt.

But my suggestion is to put up an ad in the SA for sale thread, and put an ad on Ebay, and flog them that way.

Yes, it would seem from the facts you have presented you have been wronged, but I assure you the SAU mod that you have dealt with would not have intentionally intended to alienate you, but rather enforce the rules within which we have to operate SAU.

Hope it all works out for you.

ah ok, now I have read Sled's post (posted the same time I did mine) it would seem there is indeed more to this than it seems (and I don't recall it from 18 months ago).

Sled's post rules, and I agree the thread is locked.