SAU Community

R33 Gtr Or A R34 Gtt?

Councillor

Hey all, long time reader, fairly new poster.

Well my finance should be coming along nicely right about now, and I'm in the market for a Skyline :P

I've been looking on certain websites selling cars, and have seen a couple of R33 GTR's for sale around the $25,000 mark.

In regards to a daily driver, would a 33GTR or a 34 GTT be a better bet? I love driving and will be spending a fair bit of my sundays cruising around showing off how cool the car looks, hoping people ignore the tool driving it..

If a few of you peeps could please list some pro's and con's of both it would be hugely appreciated! Also, if you sellin a car, shamelessly PM or post :D

Regards and Cheers

Karl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R33 GTR all the way.

Ask gersfan, he sold his R34 GTT to buy one :P

I drive (or used to) drive mine daily, did 11000kms in 8 months, mind you its stock bar exhaust and pods. I didn't find the suspension uncomfortable or anything, I actually found it quite the opposite. Also felt very safe driving a solid car everywhere :D

Oh, and you'll find that once you've driven a nice GTR, you won't go back.

Edited by Ten Four

I've got a GTT and asked myself the same thing for my daily. Its a great car and I love it majorly, its easy to live with/great to drive/fast enough...ok its 'fast' but its never enough/good on fuel but after owning it for ~2yrs I find myself craving a GTR and every time I see one I want one more, and am thinking of making the swap

If I were you i'd go for the GTR, only thing I dont like about them is that they are older, but there are some damn fine examples out there that make it easy to forget

Either way though you cant go wrong, both nice cars

R33 GTR all the way.

Ask gersfan, he sold his R34 GTT to buy one :P

I drive (or used to) drive mine daily, did 11000kms in 8 months, mind you its stock bar exhaust and pods. I didn't find the suspension uncomfortable or anything, I actually found it quite the opposite. Also felt very safe driving a solid car everywhere :D

Oh, and you'll find that once you've driven a nice GTR, you won't go back.

+1 I'm glad you didnt look back. I know I wouldnt. My next car will b a Nur hopefully. Hahaha!

Yeah I'm kind of envious of GTR's, even though my GTST is great.

I've got upgraded shocks and sway bars etc so at least it's better than a stock GTR in that department.

I could never be happy with stock suspension again.

You'll be surprised at the way a stock GTR handles. Ask Rohan or Russel (Or the guy who I sold my car to, that's after he fixes his jaw back into place)

On the twisted sister and rattlesnake cruises, no GTST could keep up through corners :P

Lol James i think that may also be due to the 4WD :D

Although that is just another benefit of a GTR. I also say go the GTR, you simply can't compare a non-GTR to a GTR, unless of course the comparison is how it is not a GTR... :P

Lol but seriously, go the GTR. I have driven a couple, and they are beautiful, amazing cars. If you didn't get the GTR you would probably kick yourself for it later, especially when you see one on the streets, so much presence.

I would have to agree...

My decision for going a 34gtt over a 33gtr was plainly aesthetic and what i could do with it... I've contemplated going to a 33gtr many many many times... but would get a sound thrashing by my gf if so... lol

so ima keep my gtt for a while and wait until i can buy a 34r :D

but yes... i would prob go 33gtr for performance, looks aren't half bad :P

GTR all the way man. THey look fkn tough, and Skylines are so reliable. I compare mine to the Mazda's I work on all day, and there is no comparison. Even though mine has done 155,000kms!

34s are nice cars, but the GTR will always get more looks.

Then tint the windows dark so they cant see the "tool" :P

Hmm ive had both and i vote the GTR... thats wot i got now :P. if you dont mind sitting in a car thats interior is pretty bland then the GTR will do you well, and its worth it everytime u give the throttle a decent blip. The GTT was gd when there were no r34's on the road, but these days R34's are the new R33's you see them everywhere.

I have a R34 gtt and I agree completely with Scottydoo. I've thought about selling mine and getting a 33 gtr but at the same time I want to mod mine a bit more. 195 kw atw at the moment and will soon be aiming for over 250. Then after about a year or so the plan is to sell it and get a gtr. What's the point you might ask? Well it's easier to mod then it is to sell and look for a good clean 33 gtr that I would like. Also just can't be f***** going through the whole process of buying and selling at the moment.

The gtt looks great, there isn't many on the road and is a bit newer and easy to find one in good condition with low kays, but if your asking your self now what you should buy and you get the gtt, then after the excitement wears off you will regret it.

agreed with dkb,

although i love my car to death i have that nagging about still wanting a 33gtr...

btw.. of interest...

my 34 is manual coupe 75,000km's, what you reckon a trade would get me with a gtr? any cash involved you reckon..?

I have a R34 gtt and I agree completely with Scottydoo. I've thought about selling mine and getting a 33 gtr but at the same time I want to mod mine a bit more. 195 kw atw at the moment and will soon be aiming for over 250. Then after about a year or so the plan is to sell it and get a gtr. What's the point you might ask? Well it's easier to mod then it is to sell and look for a good clean 33 gtr that I would like. Also just can't be f***** going through the whole process of buying and selling at the moment.

The gtt looks great, there isn't many on the road and is a bit newer and easy to find one in good condition with low kays, but if your asking your self now what you should buy and you get the gtt, then after the excitement wears off you will regret it.

Also in the sort of same boat. Should of got the 33R in the first place :P

Got the 34 because imo they look better.

If you want a daily with a bit of go, get the 34. If you want a car that you can hammer any/all the time and wont be leaving you bored get the 33.

Well, I see a particular wanker has made yet another dig at A31s, stayed on topic and given an intelligent response, as always. :P

In regards to a daily driver, would a 33GTR or a 34 GTT be a better bet? I love driving and will be spending a fair bit of my sundays cruising around showing off how cool the car looks, hoping people ignore the tool driving it..

For a daily drive, I'm going to say the GTT.

If you're going to drive it every day, you'll want a newer, nice interior, a better seat to wedge your ass into, and you'll want it to be cheaper, right?

Insurance and rego for a start voids both, and the 25DET NEO isnt going to rape your wallet nearly as much as an older 26DETT.

Aesthetically, I think the 33 GTR and 34 GTT are about the same, but it should come down to what you like personally. You could turn just as many, if not more heads, with a decent looking R34.

You don't need to spend your entire budget on just the car, you can get a decent R34 GTT and buy some toys for it, quiet happily with $25'000.

Of course, I'm an A31 driver, I don't know shit, so, rather than take on board what I said, just laugh at the imminent brainless flaming this post is due sometime in the next ... 30 minutes.