SAU Community

Lewis’s R34 Fourdoor Build Thread

Completely off topic but niksta do live in the flagstaff hill, hub or happy valley area by any chance?

Nope, I live in North Haven, why's that , seen a car similar?

So i had a bit of a day with nothing really to do apart from lay around down by the pool so i gave the skyline a full wash and a huge go over with the clay! it was the first time iv used the clay & spray and i was kinda sceptical but now i would recommend it to anyone! Made the paint on the car look 10 years younger and made it really POP! The photos below cant really do it justice but yeah have a look!

2ih120y.jpg

i cant get over it hey! Soo smooth and shiny!

2ui9d36.jpg

254wz01.jpg

i wouldn't say annoying but time consuming works! i was doing with the Arctic Monkeys going, when though 2 albums twice!

The paint is so smooth after like i left the soft rag on the bonnet and no joke it slid down and nearly fell on the ground lol

i was recommended the mothers clay bar to remove over spray off some parts i brought. i was very sceptical but it worked a treat. ive doen a few cars since and not only does it make them as smooth as a Brazilian but also gives the paint a depth that only the eye can see.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright things are getting exciting now!

On saturday i went down to tirepower blackwood and got my tires taken off the gtr wheels & the stockies went back on :( its not a happy site..

Anyway's Tuesday just done i dropped the wheels off at the powedercoaters :P There going to blast them and fix all the gutter rash then give them a nice gloss black i hope there really gunna set the car off, i havent seen any Gtr wheels around Adelaide so i hope this is something different!

Also

Yesterday i went and saw Pete down at Autosport and ordered myself both drivers and passengers Velo Podium 2's, i thought the black was really to plain so i went and upped the wank factor and got them all blue with a white "Velo" on the top instead of the yellow.

and one final thing

My centre console is getting the carbon fibre treatment, from the gear boot up over the ashtray, the din slots, climate control unit & the vents. below are some sneak peeks ;)

- watch this space

30ubd46.jpg

2h4gwmp.jpg

bezmyr.jpg

Edited by Volk34

• 4 weeks later...

So last night i came home to a nice surprise... My housemate had gone and picked up my wheels without me knowing :D

The gloss black looks great they have done a fantastic job, the rash is all fixed you would never have known that they had been scuffed! Unfortunately because the centre caps are plastic they couldn't get done which is gay but that couldn't be helped. BUT i had discussed with the guy and he did say that he will give me a tin of touch up and i can do them myself....housemate didn't know this and didn't get the tin.....Soooo i wont be running my caps until i can get down to the dude get the tin and then get them painted K no impressed...

Pics-

34z0mu0.jpg

35iump1.jpg

aaf6e8.jpg

Anyways back on track....They have been booked in to Tirepower Blackwood for the 27th of Feb to get them rubberd up & a wheel alignment (hasn't had one since the coilovers when in) and yeah J cant wait to see them on the car!

My custom :D Velos are ready to be picked up too just need to get my ass down there haha then they can get fitted up and in & the wank upgrade is complete :banana:

(ill post pics when i see some)

O and forgot about this the other day lol The CFT is all in and im over the moon with it, just need to get the 3gauges done now and should be sweet...

20j4hh1.jpg

11v5x1l.jpg

23hlmp3.jpg

59zns8.jpg

what do you guys think?

Is that printed cf pattern on the trim pieces? It looks way to neat to be an overlay. Who did the trim work?

Your 4 door is comming along quite well.

J.

feel free to correct me if im wrong Volk34 but it looks like the work of Charles89. Guy in Melbourne that cover trim pieces in 3M carbon fibre vinyl.

Charles thread ==>

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ca...arles&st=80

feel free to correct me if im wrong Volk34 but it looks like the work of Charles89. Guy in Melbourne that cover trim pieces in 3M carbon fibre vinyl.

Charles thread ==>

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ca...arles&st=80

yeah mate sure did, i posted it all to him wrapped it and sent it back to me and he did an amazing job

Thanks guys yeh pretty happy were it is atm just needs a few more engine mods now :D

Cheers mate :P

Naa haven't even really thought about it to be honest..

And I used Charles89 off of here, SAU - flick him a pm he'll give you an all up price :banana:

wheels are all tired up and looking awesome....but not on my car lol there on my best mates while highlux for now untill I can find some time to switch them over...

• 2 weeks later...

havnt been on SAU for a wile as iv now moved out of home & dont have the internet at new place :)

but anyway...my car is coming together nearly finished with the exterior & interior then onto the fun power part.

So the wheels are on the car now but i still havnt gotten my slackass into doing the centre caps (selfslap) & i picked up the seat the other day too & got them in the car today yay! love em hey! here are a few pics nothing to flash but still, hope you like.

-lewis

5ewltj.jpg

bi9sed.jpg

2ry0gtt.jpg

116qn8n.jpg