SAU Community

R32 Gtr Blowing Smoke Through The Cacth Can (head)

loky

guys i just put my engine in to my 32 gtr. the engine its self is a series 33 gtr vspec engine. before we put it in we had it comp tested and came out a solid 120 through out all pistons. yesterday i gave it a lil push through first and second gears and it started to blow smoke through the cacth can. i emptyed the cacth can and took it off from the head and it was still blowing white smoke.

if anyone knows why this is happening or possibly has a solution to this please reply. would be much appreciated cheers

If it's been sitting for 6 months, possible water vapour?

Drive it around, put 100KMs on it, see if it's still there (That's if it's not like massive amounts looks like car is on fire style)

As Dirt said, another comp test/leak down.

or its just spun a bearing and your seeing the resultant burnt oil escaping.... white oil from catch can is usually terminal. Ie the rods are hot enough to burn the oil in the sump.

• 1 year later...

lol before jumping to conclusions how bout asking? that was with a previous motor. i wouldnt be saying all inspections are more then welcome if the motor was stuffed!

lol before jumping to conclusions how bout asking? that was with a previous motor. i wouldnt be saying all inspections are more then welcome if the motor was stuffed!

He answered back when you first asked the question mate. Nothing to do with your current setup.

Read the date of his reply

so i was right? engine was screwed.... and i cop a mouthful for not jumping to conclusions... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Guys that post wasn't directed at use. A member found this old topic and posted it on my forsale thread thinking I was trying to sell the car with a stuffed motor. How ever the cars motor has been replaced. I do apologize if use took it the wrong way an in no way am I trying to have a go at use because use helped me out. I just wrote that post about jumping to conclusions on the wrong page. Once again I do apologize for the mistake and did not direct that at anyone who commented this page sorry guys