SAU Community

R31 - Resto!

Mr. Untouchable

Hey man,

As an r31 lover, the car looks sick (drove past it in town). Personally id have a s1 passage gt front on it over a pinny. But if you want to leave it sleeper its doing the job.

I actually thought it was a pintara until i realised id seen it on here before.

Hi Justin,

Nah not yet mate. Still on the cards but there has been a bit of a delay. Brodie and myself have been in sydney picking out a new car for him so quite a lot of funds went towards that. But the ol 31 wont be forgotten about! still hoping to do it within the next month or two.

Hi Justin,

Nah not yet mate. Still on the cards but there has been a bit of a delay. Brodie and myself have been in sydney picking out a new car for him so quite a lot of funds went towards that. But the ol 31 wont be forgotten about! still hoping to do it within the next month or two.

Mate if its gas you want i've got plenty i just dont know if its usable though :D

• 9 months later...

i spun out when i seen the pictures. I've got a 31 which needs a bit of tlc, will get to it once i've finished on performance, any way, what spun me out is that i have almost the exact same numberplate and i thought for a moment that ya pinched them! Haha. Nice job though, perfect car for cruising.

Bit of a bump but would love to hear about any progress on this

okay, there's not too much to report. Since it was put back together, it has had the windows tinted (25%)

we fitted a Mini spool to it, improved out of corner traction, much more fun to drive. The head shat itself, so whilst it was off @ Tas Engine reco getting welded up, it received some further love. It has had a tidy up of the ports, 5 angle valve job, failry agressive Cam that Matt from Tas Engine reco had ground By Crow to his specs. head went back on and the ECU also got a pre Progamed chip which has give it some extra stick. made 109rwkws on GT's dyno a few months back. Its going to get a XF T/B and better intake along with a Nistune chip in the near furture as Mr summers mentioned it could better as it was quite rich. Some bigger wheels might be on the cards down the track, and maybe brakes. Brodie has A 32 GTR Vspec which the motor out of it is being built now, so the 31 has to wait a bit longer. It will take a few years but the 31 will be a monster!

• 2 months later...

Thanks Shane you bet it's hard to keep clean and it seems every time I wash it lately it bloody rains lol. Unfortunately its not 100% at the moment though as i had someone throw a bottle through the back drivers side window on friday night so just waiting to get a new one through work.

Unfortunately its not 100% at the moment though as i had someone throw a bottle through the back drivers side window on friday night so just waiting to get a new one through work.

Ah, I saw the tape on the window, that would be why. Pricks!