• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys

Just to let you know...

I have spent 8 years, and many prototypes perfecting and building what I believe to be the most realistic Racing simulator in Australia.

I spent $55,000 odd building and rebuilding an R31 Wagon a few years ago, I just relived it today showing Steve all the photos of busted diffs, turbos, gearboxes and other bits...

I decided to build a sim instead, as it was cheaper in the long run... Now I drive an Aston Martin DBR9, a Porsche Cup Car, a Mercedes Truck, a V8 Supercar, and the list goes on... :D

Rest assured, for those of you booked in for the simulator experience, you'll have a great time!

I'm going to see if I can arrange to have the Simulator at the Yacht club where my Yacht is moored, as there are a couple of Barbecues and a large covered area to entertain guests there, and a bar for drinks purchases as well... watch this space...

Some of you may even want to come out for a sail for an hour or so if the weather permits, but the yacht can only take 12 or so comfortably.

Steve downloaded the skyline mod for me this afternoon, so I'll install it tonight and have a play setting up the car for Bathurst and seeing what sort of times I can punch out. If I get time I'll record a hot lap and get it up on youtube for you to check out... heres one from a couple years ago before I got the 62" screen (yes... sixty two...)

Cheers,

Gadget

Edited by inspect-a-gadget

i think the guy in the video is using a level of traction control as he just mashes the accelerator with it turned off your would possibly just spin depending on gear and revs

get the game here for your own practise

http://www.rfactor.net/

get all your maps and cars on links below

R34 GTR 1.1 (you will need to register an acount for d/l links

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?I...ine%20R34%20GTR

Bathurst Mod

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Bathurst%20ORSM

i think the guy in the video is using a level of traction control as he just mashes the accelerator with it turned off your would possibly just spin depending on gear and revs

ROFL...

The "guy" in the video is me... when I had hair a couple of years ago... :banana:

no Traction control... the Corvette I am driving needs to be driven like you stole it to get fast times... it breaks traction yes, but it drifts well, hence the wild steering corrections constantly!

Nothin' wrong with mashing accelerators mate :bunny:

Gadget