SAU Community

In Car DVD Player: Necvox DVA-9690

After seeing this thing in action, i'd gladly get one of these over a 3000dollar sony or pioneer unit, as its range of media playable is awesome, i just wish i had the money to buy it myself..

basically the unit can play pretty much everything, from the standard wav and mp3 cd's down to dvd, mpg and even jpg files, straight from a cd.. the quality on screen is not up to par with say a high end brand unit, but watching linkin park the other day on it, it is definetely not fuzzy or blurry/pixelated.. it will not disappoint..

unit comes with all wires on the back with original crimped connectors and i am pretty sure (i checked it out the other day when installing some speakers and sub and amp) they are all like that, except maybe one or two that i had to strip to put the speakers in..

it comes with a remote as well which has plenty of buttons on it, boxed with manuals.. oh and also forgot, this thing plays tv stations, my mates aerial is dodgy at the moment (can only get half good reception in some areas) but it can pick up all the local tv stations with a working aerial..

thats all i can think of at the moment, but heres the specs

6.5-inch wide screen color display monitor

AM / FM Radio

TV Tuner

Playback disc : CD / VCD / DVD / MP3 & CD-R compatible 12cm & 8cm

Optical output : Connection to optional DSP unit for 5.1 channel Dolby Digital & dts sound reproduction

Built-in 45W x 4 high power amplifier

Wire Remote

Security code

Operating Voltage : DC 12V-13.5V

Main Unit Size : W184mm x H100mm x D180mm

DVA-9690.jpg

the unit is this colour, silver

DVA-9690-D.jpg

DVA-9690-B.gif

DVA-9690-A.gif

DVA-9690-C.gif

finally the price he wants for it is $1500, i consider it a pretty darn good price for what the unit can do, just cause it has necvox on it doesnt mean you'll be disappointed..

you can see this unit in action in his 180sx..

just reply back here, pm or send email to [email protected] and i'll be sure he contacts you back..

cheers

Rick

hey mate, it only appears to have 1 rca preout for a sub, it also has an av input and an av output (for say xbox, and also an out to display to an external source).. i am unsure of whether you can use the av in as a sub channel, you might have to ask experts on that..

and as for a separate sub control, i havent looked into that as of yet, i think it may only be a rear/front bass treble metre, i havent explored the rest of the options, but i'll ask my mate to check the manual a bit more..

by the way, nice car, gotta love the r34's

Rick